Home Forums Movies Best Actress 2019

Best Actress 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 726 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
M: The Original
Marcus.H
estrelasdealg..
  • O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

There´s only two possibilities for Glenn: She gets ignored by everyone,even the globes or she wins everything

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

There´s only two possibilities for Glenn: She gets ignored by everyone,even the globes or she wins everything

I agree. It’s more likely that she’s not nominated than she’s nominated and loses.

ReplyCopy URL
    Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

Well she won’t win everything cuz the BAFTA will prob ignore her like 5/6 of her other oscar nominations

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

Well she won’t win everything cuz the BAFTA will prob ignore her like 5/6 of her other oscar nominations

To be fair, in the 1980s BAFTA cared little about lining up with the Oscars, but now they tend to be a reliable precursor. So it may have more to do with that than with a bias against Close.

ReplyCopy URL
    azpaule
    Participant
    Topics:

Hoping for G.C., think Emma Thompson for “The Children Act” will give her a run.

ReplyCopy URL
    na digga
    Participant
    Topics:

1.glenn close
    2.lady Gaga
    3.viola Davis
    4.melissa McCarthy
    5. Olivia Colman

And yes I believe viola is a lock as well as all the rest of the ladies but it’s pretty clear this is Glenn close’s year. Close is way past overdue. With that said viola is acclaimed and I think people don’t always appreciate her performances as much as they would if she was new ala how people treat close and Streep. The oscar voters are more diverse and they don’t want Oscars so white 2. Lady Gaga has proven the buzz for Star is going to fade away she has a chance to win it but I don’t think the academy loves her the way they love close she has a better shot in song ala Barbara Streisand. With Melissa and Olivia they have a continued buzz around their performances unlike Kidman and co. Olivia has the advantage as far as having a movie that seems strong as a whole. But Melissa has the advantage of being a beloved former nominee and comedians going serious have always been a serious threat to the race ala Monique. I don’t think this list will change but it’s only September sooo we’ll have to see

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

McCarthy isn’t playing a character as extreme as Monique’s.

ReplyCopy URL
    Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t seen Melissa’s movie but Mo’nique acted the hell out of her character in Precious and her performance is iconic. We’ll have to wait and see what Melissa delivers before comparing them

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Seven.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Xander Cassel
    Participant
    Topics:

Toni Collette.

Toni Collette.

Toni Collette.

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsConnect
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The critics will need to save Collette – I’m skeptical the Globes or SAG will bite.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

Toni Collette.

Toni Collette.

Toni Collette.

Her performance ends once her husband goes up in flames.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jose Antonio Machado Nascimento
    Participant
    Topics:

Tottaly agree sony generates a lot of sólid buzz. And people we are talking about glenn close. Óscars needs recognition from the public. And glenn is one of the most brilliant actress.

ReplyCopy URL
    Elazul
    Participant
    Topics:

Hoping for G.C., think Emma Thompson for “The Children Act” will give her a run.

Not so positive review: https://www.thewrap.com/children-act-review-emma-thompson-fionn-whitehead/

ReplyCopy URL
    MrHarryBeck
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s a battle between Gaga and Close. Gaga feels unstoppable.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

How does Glenn Close go from being the most buzzed-about frontrunner to possibly not being nominated in a lot of people’s lists?

Sorry, but I just don’t think she has fallen that much, even if the critics are (over)hyping Gaga in her first big movie role.

I just Googled Glenn Close and her buzz is still very much there. Lots of recent articles are saying that she deserves to the Oscar. When I say “recent,” I mean the past couple of days.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 726 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.