Home Forums Movies Best Actress 2019 possible contenders

Best Actress 2019 possible contenders

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
50 years ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Jays
TheRedBoy
Manuel Colon
  • Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Sister mary eunice
    Participant
    Topics:

NATALEGEND PORTMAN – ANNIHILATION

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

The movie seems very small though. Not a big director, set in the present day, no other major a-list talent, probably not much of a factor in any category except actress. I think she’ll get lost in the shuffle unless they play their cards right.

Sounds a lot like Still Alice, doesn’t it?

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not buying Close for The Wife, however, if Sunset Boulevard is finally made then I think she’ll be in the mix.

ReplyCopy URL
    nkb325
    Participant
    Topics:

I had the same thought, but Julianne Moore had the benefit of Map to the Stars the same year. The buzz of “this could finally be her year” started the second she won the cannes best actress award, then all the back and forth of whether maps would come out this year kept it vague and then Still Alice premiered, got great reviews, and she just kind of transferred her buzz over from one movie to the other. Glenn Close doesn’t have the benefit of another, showier movie in contention, and she also doesn’t have the benefit of surprise considering The Wife has already had its festival premiere and been soon

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

I know its a huge longshot but: Helen Mirren in Winchester looks amazing. Again I know HUGE longshot probably not in the conversation.

ReplyCopy URL
    Aaron Villagomez
    Participant
    Topics:

Some Contenders:

2018 Films:

Margot Robbie – (Mary Queen Of Scots)

Saoirse Ronan – (Mary Queen Of Scots)

Amy Adams – (Backseat) or (Disenchanted)

Natalie Portman – (Annihilation)

Emily Blunt – (Marry Poppins Returns)

Not Sure Of Relase But May Be Eligable:

Jessica Chastain –  (The Death And Life Of John F. Donovan)

Natalie Portman (The Death And Life Of John F. Donovan)

Amy Adams (Object Of Beauty)

And MORE TO COME

ReplyCopy URL
    PerksofBeingaGriff
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyone think Rachel Weisz or Rachel McAdams in Disobedience could happen? They both got rave reviews on the festival circuit, specifically McAdams, and I want It to happen.

It may be too small like Denial or The Whistleblower though.

“Someone is staring at you in ‘Personal Growth’.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

I heard great things about The Wife during the festival circuit last year. Maybe Glenn Close can finally win an Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyone think Rachel Weisz or Rachel McAdams in Disobedience could happen? They both got rave reviews on the festival circuit, specifically McAdams, and I want It to happen. It may be too small like Denial or The Whistleblower though.

I think it’s being released in April, if I remember correctly?

ReplyCopy URL
    queenbee
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m thinking Renee is going to surprise us all with her Garland film.

ReplyCopy URL
    Foolio
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope not – a surprise to me would mean the film turns out bad. The team is highly qualified to create an artistically ambitious, intelligent, entertaining movie and R-Zell has the juiciest role of her career on her hands. She will pull all the stops to make Judy a grand comeback of the first order.

ReplyCopy URL
    TheRedBoy
    Participant
    Topics:

The thought of someone—Renee Zellweger, of all people—winning an Oscar for portraying one of the most iconic actresses of all time… who never properly won an Oscar herself…

Nicole Kidman won her Oscar over Zellweger’s lead performance in Best Picture winner Chicago, and the following year Zellweger won her Oscar for playing support to Kidman in Cold Mountain. It would really be something if both somehow became two time winners next year.

But Zellweger would need to be, like, performance of the decade good—and I’m not sure they’d make her a two-timer a year after making McDormand a two-timer (if that happens).

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  TheRedBoy.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  TheRedBoy.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Foolio
    Participant
    Topics:

^I agree, she has a long hill to climb if she wants to win, but a nomination is quite likely if the film is good and the PR team plays their cards right.

ReplyCopy URL
    queenbee
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope not – a surprise to me would mean the film turns out bad. The team is highly qualified to create an artistically ambitious, intelligent, entertaining movie and R-Zell has the juiciest role of her career on her hands. She will pull all the stops to make Judy a grand comeback of the first order.

I was extremely heartened by a recent article where Zellweger said her favourite clip she’s come across in her research was an episode of The Judy Garland Show when Mickey Rooney guest starred. She commented she seemed relaxed and free to be herself.

I’m a lifelong Judy fan and the clips of Judy and Mickey in that episode are some of my favourites of her career. These sorts of insights from Zellweger are a good indication she’s going to great pains to really understand the woman and all her complexities and her light and shade; not just a stereotypical interpretation of Judy Garland as a mere ‘tragic figure’.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  queenbee.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  queenbee.
    ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.