Home Forums Movies Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)

Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 481 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Lil Tony
Victor Cruz
teri
  • Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

I think after years and years “avenging the world” and some very “genre specific” performances in HER and UNDER THE SKIN, ScarJo benefits from an element of surprise in MARRIAGE STORY. I think the last time I saw her going full drama this way was back in 2005’s MATCH POINT and she was just a girl by the time Driver is amazing. Either Driver or Phoenix would make for great winners

I agree. The fact that she branched out of her comfort zone is helping her buzz. She’s still good though

Joker Deserves Everything.

Joaquin Phoenix is the Man

Cynthia Erivo should win best actress

oscarin7
    Participant
    Topics:

I just finished Marriage Story. Johansson should be winning this. I want Marriage Story to join Silence of the Lambs and win the Big 5. (Picture, Director, Actor, Actress, and Screenplay).

It will probably win Best Original Screenplay and that’s it… that’s my prediction. Picture will go to The Irishman, Director to Scorsese, Actress to Zellweger, and Actor to Phoenix.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

I just finished Marriage Story. Johansson should be winning this. I want Marriage Story to join Silence of the Lambs and win the Big 5. (Picture, Director, Actor, Actress, and Screenplay).

Me too. Screenplay and Actor are happening, along with Supporting Actress.

ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

The Charlize and Renee stans are so lame saying that “Scarlett has no material in this film.” She was deffos 2nd lead, and she had so much material to work with and shine, which she did btw. She k!lled it in the argument scene and excellent throughout the movie. I’m glad I didn’t let the haters fool me. Watching her performance makes me confident in my prediction that she will win the Oscar. She does have the material. The charlize/renee stans lied. They probably never even saw the movie.

oscarin7
    Participant
    Topics:

The Charlize and Renee stans are so lame saying that “Scarlett has no material in this film.” She was deffos 2nd lead, and she had so much material to work with and shine, which she did btw. She k!lled it in the argument scene and excellent throughout the movie. I’m glad I didn’t let the haters fool me. Watching her performance makes me confident in my prediction that she will win the Oscar. She does have the material. The charlize/renee stans lied. They probably never even saw the movie.

Stop lying to yourself. Best Actress is up for grabs, each actress has a narrative and they’re all strong contenders. It’s very silly of you to assure Scarlett has the Oscar in the bag…

ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

Stop lying to yourself. Best Actress is up for grabs, each actress has a narrative and they’re all strong contenders. It’s very silly of you to assure Scarlett has the Oscar in the bag…

Of course I’m not 100% confident. I said that “watching her performance makes me confident in my prediction that she will win the Oscar” because the usual haters made me think that she was a cameo or something with their comments saying that:

– she has no material and was barely in the film
    – she doesn’t have the performance

Now I know she has both (in my opinion). Scarlett was in a significant portion of the film, and in fact, less than half of it was focused on her. So she is 2nd lead. She does have the performance; she has the monologue near the beginning, and also her argument scene with Adam near the end. She pulled these off very well (IMO). So I’m confidently predicting her to win rather than tentatively. The earlier comments from the haters should be discredited.

AmnistY21
    Participant
    Topics:

Of course I’m not 100% confident. I said that “watching her performance makes me confident in my prediction that she will win the Oscar” because the usual haters made me think that she was a cameo or something with their comments saying that: – she has no material and was barely in the film – she doesn’t have the performance Now I know she has both (in my opinion). Scarlett was in a significant portion of the film, and in fact, less than half of it was focused on her. So she is 2nd lead. She does have the performance; she has the monologue near the beginning, and also her argument scene with Adam near the end. She pulled these off very well (IMO). So I’m confidently predicting her to win rather than tentatively. The earlier comments from the haters should be discredited.

Before seeing the movie read some posts about how she underwhelmed. Bunch of bullshit. She and Driver are equally amazing. I don’t know if she will win the Oscar but she deserves it.

ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

Barring what we think of the performances, Scarlett also does have the narrative. Before I saw the movie these were my justifications for predicting Scarlett to win the Oscar:

– It could be a career win for being one of the most successful box office actresses this generation, she is a leading lady for nearly two decades, and she has done several prestige films throughout her career. This was a similar reason for Sandra Bullock having won (terrible comparison because Scarlett delivers a much better performance, but you get the point). This is also the reason why I think Scarlett may be more likely to win than Adam.

– Renee will have a difficult time winning the Oscar because I personally doubt the SAG would award her a 4th time. Some of you are unconvinced SAG voters vote this way, but I do. They may be compelled to vote for an actress who has never won SAG (Scarlett) rather than someone who has won 3. For Renee to be the most awarded actress for SAG Film awards with 4 wins is unrealistic to me because she’s not even THAT great of an actress and her career was quite floppy for a decade after her win. Similarly, Scarlett is overdue for the Golden Globe as well.

– Charlize’s character does not sound like an Oscar winning role (Megyn Kelly).

ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

Before seeing the movie read some posts about how she underwhelmed. Bunch of bullshit. She and Driver are equally amazing. I don’t know if she will win the Oscar but she deserves it.

Agreed. Their biggest lie was making her out to be a cameo or something. She was 2nd lead and does have the material. Noah even wrote a monologue for her! Her performance was outstanding. She totally delivered. I personally prefer Adam’s performance (IMO he did better in the argument scene if we have to compare). But otherwise Scarlett matched him and both were very outstanding! Both Oscar-worthy winning performances. I would love to see both win.

nevkm
    Participant
    Topics:

Agreed. Their biggest lie was making her out to be a cameo or something. She was 2nd lead and does have the material. Noah even wrote a monologue for her! Her performance was outstanding. She totally delivered. I personally prefer Adam’s performance (IMO he did better in the argument scene if we have to compare). But otherwise Scarlett matched him and both were very outstanding! Both Oscar-worthy winning performances. I would love to see both win.

Reading some posts you would think she was Anna Paquin in The Irishman lol

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

We’re back to this Scarlett is winning delusion.

oscarin7
    Participant
    Topics:

We’re back to this Scarlett is winning delusion.

So at least you agree with me. At this point I think even Theron has a better chance than Johansson and she’s playing a person not very well liked.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

lol. And these are people who usually say critics awards don’t matter.

Anyway, regarding your earlier post….Scarlett Johansson is not supporting in any way. She’s 100% co-lead with Adam Driver. Putting her in supporting would be a fraud of the decade’s end that should generate a riot

Exactly… I’m just saying Adams does most of the heavy lifting and after the first 30 min she basically supports him.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

So at least you agree with me. At this point I think even Theron has a better chance than Johansson and she’s playing a person not very well liked.

I think the race still remains between Zellweger vs Theron. Johansson is steady 3rd place like Lady Gaga or McCarthy last year. The momentum and passion for that film is with Driver and Dern and probably just one of them wins.

oscarin7
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the race still remains between Zellweger vs Theron. Johansson is steady 3rd place like Lady Gaga or McCarthy last year. The momentum and passion for that film is with Driver and Dern and probably just one of them wins.

Exactly, I’m thinking only Dern will win in acting and it will be more of a career reward because she’s not undeniable in her role and there are definitely better female supporting performances this year.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 481 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.