Home Forums Movies Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 428 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
Bee
thatnerdgreg
  • CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

I just realized something pretty sad. Toni Collete would’ve definitely been nominated for Hereditary if she was competing this year.

CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OIetiMoseA

She looks utterly superb in this (Huppert-esque?) and Kenzari is hoooot

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t remember anyone talking about Scarjo or Mckenzie on the Jojo Rabbit reviews. It’s not a performance movie. Also, I doubt Scarjo will be the one to get two Oscar nominations. She’s not on that league.

CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t remember anyone talking about Scarjo or Mckenzie on the Jojo Rabbit reviews. It’s not a performance movie. Also, I doubt Scarjo will be the one to get two Oscar nominations. She’s not on that league.

Is it possible to get two in the same category? If anyone would, I feel like Robbie would for Supporting.

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s because most critics were too busy criticizing it to tall about the positives. I’ve read the script, and Mckensie’s role is phenomenal, and super baity. If Jojo Rabbit becomes a huge contender (which it will after TIFF), then she will be nominated.

For Your Consideration.

Best Picture: Parasite, Jojo Rabbit, Joker, Ford v Ferrari
    Best Director: Bong-Joon Ho, Taika Waititi, Todd Phillips
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix, Robert Pattinson, Roman Griffin Davis, Christian Bale
    Best Actress: Lupita Nyong'o
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe, Song Kang-Ho, Sam Rockwell
    Best Supporting Actress: Thomasin McKensie, Cho Yeo-Jeong
    Best Adapted Screenplay: Jojo Rabbit, Joker
    Best Original Screenplay: Parasite, Ford v Ferrari

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s because most critics were too busy criticizing it to tall about the positives. I’ve read the script, and Mckensie’s role is phenomenal, and super baity. If Jojo Rabbit becomes a huge contender (which it will after TIFF), then she will be nominated.

Only established respected actors (Max Von Sydow, Cate Blanchett, Robert Duvall, Meryl Streep, Diane Lane, Christian Bale etc) get in for panned movies. Or Box Office giants like Malek in Bohemian Rhapsody.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Victor Cruz.
    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Victor Cruz.
    nkb325
    Participant
    Topics:

Is it possible to get two in the same category? If anyone would, I feel like Robbie would for Supporting.

No they have a rule that performers cannot be nominated twice in the same category. Which is weird because it’s allowed in every other category, and has happened multiple times in score and costume design, and even at least once in director.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

I went back and read some reviews and agree with this. They focused on Waititi in both of his roles as actor and director entirely. Not sure if we can trust critics in this case.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyways.

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyways, Zellweger and Johansson are locks. Anyone else is mixed

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

GD snobs overreacting as usual.

Anyways, Renée is sweeping.

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Ughhh I’m so waiting for any contenders left to pull an undebatably great performance in a massive Oscar nominated picture across all boards! Please come through Theron and Ronan! (even though I don’t have much faith in this chick)

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Renée Zellweger locked to sweep already?

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

After disastrously losing to Cherry Jones at the Emmys, Carice van Houten is receiving raves from several US publications for her performance in Instinct. In the link below, Awardswatch ranks her the strongest female performance at TIFF.

https://awardswatch.com/tiff-19-wrap-up-the-best-films-and-performances-of-the-fest-parasite-joker-painted-bird-hustlers-two-popes/

Considering the value people here place on TIFF, the fact that a major publication ranked van Houten’s performance the best of the entire festival (over Johansson and the other ‘contenders’) definitely means there is a chance she gains traction, even if it’s a 1% chance.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

After disastrously losing to Cherry Jones at the Emmys, Carice van Houten is receiving raves from several US publications for her performance in Instinct. In the link below, Awardswatch ranks her the strongest female performance at TIFF.

https://awardswatch.com/tiff-19-wrap-up-the-best-films-and-performances-of-the-fest-parasite-joker-painted-bird-hustlers-two-popes/

Considering the value people here place on TIFF, the fact that a major publication ranked van Houten’s performance the best of the entire festival (over Johansson and the other ‘contenders’) definitely means there is a chance she gains traction, even if it’s a 1% chance.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 428 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.