Home Forums Movies Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 428 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
Bee
thatnerdgreg
  • BigJay2012
    Participant
    Topics:

Django > Inglorious Basterds

wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s really vomiting-inducing that 2 Oscars for an actress seems like an almost impossible task when we have Waltz and Ali with two dildos, both in less that 3 years.

That’s some forced bullshit.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

1) Zellweger has the best performance, but a bad movie that will only get 1 nomination and potentially will flop at the BO.

2) Scarjo has a soft performance in a Netflix film that’s top 3 BP contender.

3) Theron will have the second best performance and the transformation of the year in a movie that could get 3-8 nominations.

4) Ronan will have the Ronan Academy friendly performance.

5) Diversity nom ( Awkwafina, Lupita, Cynthia Erivo, Alfre Woodard)

Milk Money
    Participant
    Topics:

My money’s still on Johansson. It just feels like her time.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

My money’s still on Johansson. It just feels like her time.

ugh i hope not. would make season unbearable. but at least the best actress threads would be full.

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

Omg I just realized now that ScarJo is a lock for a nom we’ll have tons of Marvel stans trying to make Endgame and Robert Downey Jr happen overflowing these threads.

Mess.

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

“Diversity nom”. Lol

Hilton Foster
    Participant
    Topics:

1) Zellweger has the best performance, but a bad movie that will only get 1 nomination and potentially will flop at the BO.

What? Have you seen it? It is not a bad movie.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

1) Zellweger has the best performance, but a bad movie that will only get 1 nomination and potentially will flop at the BO. 2) Scarjo has a soft performance in a Netflix film that’s top 3 BP contender. 3) Theron will have the second best performance and the transformation of the year in a movie that could get 3-8 nominations. 4) Ronan will have the Ronan Academy friendly performance. 5) Diversity nom ( Awkwafina, Lupita, Cynthia Erivo, Alfre Woodard)

Let’s not say who has the best or worst performance until we’ve actually seen all of them.

Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

2) Scarjo has a soft performance in a Netflix film that’s top 3 BP contender.

3) Theron will have the second best performance and the transformation of the year in a movie that could get 3-8 nominations.

4) Ronan will have the Ronan Academy friendly performance.

5) Diversity nom ( Awkwafina, Lupita, Cynthia Erivo, Alfre Woodard)

Please explain your comment about Diversity nom

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

How would Charlize Theron be 3rd when she’s not even guaranteed a nod herself? With a film that’s not going to have a great reception? Ronan can also be a fringe contender if Little Women isn’t good.

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Omg I just realized now that ScarJo is a lock for a nom we’ll have tons of Marvel stans trying to make Endgame and Robert Downey Jr happen overflowing these threads.

Mess.

Hate to break it to ya but RDJ indeed DESERVES it even though he virtually has no chance and Marvel fans are annoying as heck

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

How would Charlize Theron be 3rd when she’s not even guaranteed a nod herself? With a film that’s not going to have a great reception? Ronan can also be a fringe contender if Little Women isn’t good.

Until I see those overwhelming bad reviews you’re talking about, I’ll have her as a steady third. I’ve been told she has the jucier role.

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

I meant to say 15. 33% is not good odds. Also to whoever mentioned the BAFTA’s, you’re technically correct, but Glenn did win pretty much every other acting award of note that season.

and all of them had a ton in their corner:

2014-Moore, Still Alice: Moore needed an Oscar and the film was baity and the line-up was pretty weak

2013-Blanchett, Blue Jasmine: nearly a picture nominee (Judy/Harriet/Clemency won’t be), icon’s career-best work, she needed a lead Oscar

2011- Streep, The Iron Lady: she needed a third oscar and hadn’t won in three decades.

2007- Cotillard, La Vie en Rose: this one I don’t know much about

2005- Witherspoon, Walk the Line: America’s sweetheart.

Also, Netflix is going to campaign like a mofo. Until there’s proof that the narrative around Renee’s comeback has built, I will predit ScarJo. They love rewarding the actress two-handers

Hilton Foster
    Participant
    Topics:

and all of them had a ton in their corner: 2014-Moore, Still Alice: Moore needed an Oscar and the film was baity and the line-up was pretty weak  

What?

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 428 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.