Home Forums Movies Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 426 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
Bee
thatnerdgreg
  • Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

*sigh* Alfre isn’t going to be a critics pick. Her movie is too late. Charlize Theron and Saorise Ronan are NOT secure in the slightest. Not with those release dates and the possibility of both being underwhelming. The only sure things are Johansson and Zellweger.

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Alfre can DEFINITELY get that SAG nomination. She is truly beloved by her peers. They really need to work the critics. That’s the battle itself. BAFTA is likely the hardest for Woodard to score a nomination. They have to play it smart.

There needs to be a premier and/or critics screening in London, and they need to prepare those screeners. No cheap looking screeners either. Her being a veteran that has never really had her true breakout in cinema will give her an edge with SAG. The Hollywood Foreign Press is very familiar with her (awarding her once and even having her daughter hand out the Golden Globes). Plus, the Globes often nominate performances that don’t get many nominations from critics… Rosemund Pike (A Private War), Halle Berry (Frankie & Alice), Jodie Foster (The Brave One), Kate Winslet (Labor Day) etc… The good thing about the Critics Choice Awards is that there are 6 spots for the acting categories.

Critic’s Choice- Needs a decent campaign
    Golden Globe- Likely nominee
    Screen Actors Guild – Likely Nominee
    BAFTA – Needs a STRONG campaign
    Spirit Awards – Possible nominee

.. my opinion

Baby, let me break this down for you;

SAG is probably the least likely out of all of these since Clemency has a late release and screeners most likely aren’t going to be sent out on time. Even if they were, that’s not the type of movie they’d watch. SAG is BASICCCCC to the third degree. Yes, they are inclusive but they don’t have slow indie dramas as priority screeners unless they are a frontrunner. If you are not seen on time, you don’t get nominated. Period. SAG doesn’t blind vote (even Meryl Streep of all people missed a nod because The Post was too late).

BAFTA is out of the question. That will never happen for obvious reasons. Ever.

Critics Choice only nominates what they predict which will be Johansson, Zellweger, Awkwafina, Erivo, Theron, Nyong’o, Ronan which is 7 people right there way before Woodard. I’m almost 100% sure those are going to be the nominees.

In the Drama category for Globes, you have Zellweger, Johansson, Ronan, Nyong’o, Erivo alone. Now if some of these move over to the Comedy side, it actually wouldn’t be that far fetched for Alfre to score a filler nom. But that’s it.

She’s only getting in for Indie Spirits and Gothams. It’s not happening, baby.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

At this point, Awkwafina is more secure than Erivo lol

Finally someone gets it. Awkwafina is comfortably in 3rd. Maybe even 2nd if ScarJo continues to open her mouth.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Alfre could get a Charlotte Rampling 45 years kind of run.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Finally someone gets it. Awkwafina is comfortably in 3rd. Maybe even 2nd if ScarJo continues to open her mouth.

This is wishful thinking. Awkwafina is fighting for a nomination.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Imagine thinking Alfie has a better shot than Awkwafina lmao

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Alfre is the kind of actress like Charlotte Rampling, Willem Defoe, Huppert etc The Academy could get behind and give her the final nomination.

The Academy has genre bias thats why lupita will not be taken serious. Latest example is Toni Collette who got 10x more raves than Lupita.

Awkwafina’s run will end at the Golden Globes. She’s going to look like a joke next to the acting giants.

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Again, we don’t know when Little Women and Bombshell will first premiere, either (nobody answered my question on the general prediction thread either so I assume nobody in this forum knows). So using that same logic that Clemency’s late release will hurt its chance that some users suggest (screw Neon’s campaign), wouldn’t these films be hurt too, even a little bit?

wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

At this point I’m going to start campaigning some of the ladies in these forums because at least we know what their deal is.

I think we can pull it off.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Again, we don’t know when Little Women and Bombshell will first premiere, either (nobody answered my question on the general prediction thread either so I assume nobody in this forum knows). So using that same logic that Clemency’s late release will hurt its chance that some users suggest (screw Neon’s campaign), wouldn’t these films be hurt too, even a little bit?

Bombshell and Little Women have big production companies and a well known cast behind it. Clemency does not.

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Bombshell and Little Women have big production companies and a well known cast behind it. Clemency does not.

What I mean is that their late release dates are also gonna hurt them in some way or another. Weird, nobody has pointed that out

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Yup. And dont forget that the calendar is moved up this year. Even less time to create buzz for late films!

Foolio
    Participant
    Topics:

What I mean is that their late release dates are also gonna hurt them in some way or another. Weird, nobody has pointed that out

A late release date can also help a movie make a real splash. There are several examples of that in Oscars history.

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

bombshell and little woman are films by big studios and big cast stars and directors,Clemency movie is small indie movie by not know actress

Not known ?? SIT DOWN. Alfre Woodard has been in the game for 40 years, has won 4 Emmys, 1 Golden Globe, 3 SAGs (out of tons of nominations) and has starred in many Emmy winning series and Oscar winning movies.

First Oscar nom : 1984
    First Emmy nom (won) : 1984

Last Emmy nom : 2014

She has been constantly acclaimed for DECADES. She has credentials and her resumé speaks for itself

The fucking disrespect. You will not

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Seven.
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 426 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.