Home Forums Movies Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 426 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
Bee
thatnerdgreg
  • musicreloaded
    Participant
    Topics:

OMG!!

Reading the comments after the JUDY premiere…

Im so excited to see RENEE getting a 2nd OSCAR.

The Marion Cotillard comparisons are exciting my heart. I consider Marion´s the best female performance of this century and Top 3 of All Time, if Renee´s JUDY is half good I will stan hard this season.

In 2002 I was Team KIDMAN all the way,the worst thing that happened to Roxie Hart was that Halle Berry OSCAR. SATINE was the best performance of 2001 and still iconic, if NICOLE have won it, ROXIE HART would be a winner.

The Universe is aligning again and Renee will get a BEST ACTRESS Oscar.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Fucked up thing is Clemency doesn’t have the reviews of Elle, 45 Years or Two Days, One Night in which highbrow critics would have it as “one of the best films of the year with an undeniable lead performance who NEEDS an Oscar nomination!”. The release date is awful and NEON is doing terrible with the non-existent campaign for Alfre. Nobody will see it. Instead, they’re focused on hyping up Renee Zellweger (who already has an undeserved Oscar) and Scarlett Johansson (lol).

thank Goodness someone agrees on Renée having an undeserved Oscar. She’s not the kind of actress that should have two right now

FYC
    Best Actor :.
    Taron Egerton = Rocketman
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker
    Eddie Murphy = Dolemite is my Name

Best actress :
    Charlize Theron = Bombshell
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor
    Brad Pitt = Once upon a time in Hollywood

Supporting Actress =
    Margot Robbie = Any of her two performances.
    Dame Maggie Smith = Downton Abbey
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

I dont understand release date for Clemency. That kills it dead as is. Much less the mediocre reviews and garbage distributor.

the reviews for Clemency aren’t really mediocre like you put it. It still has better reviews than most films of this season. The scores on Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic are still cool. The thing is, unlike Erivo who isn’t really been singled out of the reviews for Harriet as it’s saving grace, every review has praised Woodard with most saying it’s Oscar worthy. I’m not saying she’s getting a nom for sure (which I really want her to) but I don’t think the reviews are her hurdles

FYC
    Best Actor :.
    Taron Egerton = Rocketman
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker
    Eddie Murphy = Dolemite is my Name

Best actress :
    Charlize Theron = Bombshell
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor
    Brad Pitt = Once upon a time in Hollywood

Supporting Actress =
    Margot Robbie = Any of her two performances.
    Dame Maggie Smith = Downton Abbey
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

a lot of people never heard about her,sorry but her buzz is very small,sit down!

That’s just on you for being uneducated. And the industry has heard about her for decades. Not saying that her nom is on lock but the disrespect here is too much. “Not known actress” what a joke

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Seven.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Seven.
    Lady Marlborough
    Participant
    Topics:

Alfre Woodard is :

• getting nominated for the Critics Choice, it’s delusional to think otherwise.
    • BAFTA is the least expected to nominate her for obvious reasons as Bee user just said.
    • she’s most likely to get snubbed by SAG, as some users stated before, they rarely support indies. Here for example I can see Awkwafina and Nyong’o filling two spots.
    • GG perhaps but I can’t tell.
    • She has the Oscar buzz (as small as it is) but I don’t think it warrants the nomination.

Awkwafina is not safer than Alfre, we have this kind of Oscar buzz every year, she won’t get nominated believe me.

Lady Marlborough
    Participant
    Topics:

a lot of people never heard about her,sorry but her buzz is very small,sit down!

She’s a serious contender for relevant pundits, not hype makers.

thank Goodness someone agrees on Renée having an undeserved Oscar. She’s not the kind of actress that should have two right now

I don’t understand this kind of statement. Mahershala Ali has 2 Oscars, Waltz also does, I don’t understand why Renée shouldn’t if she gives a great performance as it is said out there.

Lady Marlborough
    Participant
    Topics:

i know who she is,but general public don’t,i look at oscar eyes not my personal bias like you

lol, you tripping. She literally was the main mystery in Desperate Housewives’ 2nd most seen season. Her face is easily recognizable.

Lady Marlborough
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve found this interesting so I share it here. Your thoughts?

• Glenn Close – 1020 votes
    • Lady Gaga – 469 votes
    • Olivia Colman – 289 votes
    • Yalitza Aparicio – 72 votes
    • Melissa McCarthy – 22 votes

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/oscars-best-actress-poll-2-1203129142/

JakeT
    Participant
    Topics:

look i dont know about usa,but here in europe nobody knows she exist

I’d disagree with this (London). Sure, she doesn’t have the same degree of international fame as some of her peers but she is known. She’s worked on a number of more mainstream projects recently so even if people can’t name specific roles they’ve seen her in, they’d recognise her face.

If the performance is there I hope she gets in over less deserving nominees that aren’t acclaimed and have little passion but receive nominations because it’s an unusually weak year.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Late releases that made a splash at the Oscars.

2018: Vice
    2017: Phantom Thread, The Post
    2016: Hidden Figures
    2015: The Revenant, The Big Short
    2014: Selma, American Sniper.

The list goes on and on. Bombshell and Little Women could easily be next.

Only thing that is giving me pause about Alfre is the release date. but like I said she fits the bill to be the next passion pick.

madeline
    Participant
    Topics:

She received applause during — and a giant ovation at the end of — the Hollywood premiere.

Renée Zellweger Solidifies Oscar Frontrunner Status As ‘Judy’ Premieres in Hollywood

Lady Marlborough
    Participant
    Topics:

She received applause during — and a giant ovation at the end of — the Hollywood premiere. Renée Zellweger Solidifies Oscar Frontrunner Status As ‘Judy’ Premieres in Hollywood

This is reaching Blanchett’s 2014 undeniable status buzz. I feel like Renée is definitely sweeping.

BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

45 Years has been released in US on 23 Decemeber and also by a small distributor Sundance Selects. Neon people just have to talk with Sundance Selects team behind Dame Charlotte’s nomination. They also had very small campaign budget but showed movie and sent Charlotte where it counted the most pre and during voting time. I’m sure Alfre will be game for it too. Doing awards circuit can be fun sometimes, especially when you’re admired thespian.

Not only that but it must be MUCH easier to “send” Alfre everywhere than it was to move Charlotte Rampling around or book her on shows. At least Alfre Woodard lives and works in the US.

Also, nobody knows Alfre Woodard? In Europe? Please. Does it even matter? How famous is Mahershala Ali in Europe? Regina King? Brie Larson during the Room year? How famous was JK Simmons? Mark Rylance? I’m sure Monique is very popular in Europe.

Regardless how big those movies were with Oscars (and Clemency might not be) what helps is how famous she is amongst voters, and Alfre Woodard must be VERY famous there. She’s worked for so long and with everybody. That counts more than anything. Ask Regina King, her Oscar and her 3 Emmys. They’ll tell you how much that matters.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

A huge fan of Alfre since Sounder.
    An iconic and deserving actor who’s been delivering quality work for decades. Go Alfre!

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Not only that but it must be MUCH easier to “send” Alfre everywhere than it was to move Charlotte Rampling around or book her on shows. At least Alfre Woodard lives and works in the US. Also, nobody knows Alfre Woodard? In Europe? Please. Does it even matter? How famous is Mahershala Ali in Europe? Regina King? Brie Larson during the Room year? How famous was JK Simmons? Mark Rylance? I’m sure Monique is very popular in Europe. Regardless how big those movies were with Oscars (and Clemency might not be) what helps is how famous she is amongst voters, and Alfre Woodard must be VERY famous there. She’s worked for so long and with everybody. That counts more than anything. Ask Regina King, her Oscar and her 3 Emmys. They’ll tell you how much that matters.

Period

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 426 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.