Home Forums Movies Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 486 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
judy
Victor Cruz
Bee
  • judy
    Participant
    Topics:

Alfre can DEFINITELY get that SAG nomination. She is truly beloved by her peers. They really need to work the critics. That’s the battle itself. BAFTA is likely the hardest for Woodard to score a nomination. They have to play it smart. There needs to be a premier and/or critics screening in London, and they need to prepare those screeners. No cheap looking screeners either. Her being a veteran that has never really had her true breakout in cinema will give her an edge with SAG. The Hollywood Foreign Press is very familiar with her (awarding her once and even having her daughter hand out the Golden Globes). Plus, the Globes often nominate performances that don’t get many nominations from critics… Rosemund Pike (A Private War), Halle Berry (Frankie & Alice), Jodie Foster (The Brave One), Kate Winslet (Labor Day) etc… The good thing about the Critics Choice Awards is that there are 6 spots for the acting categories. Critic’s Choice- Needs a decent campaign Golden Globe- Likely nominee Screen Actors Guild – Likely Nominee BAFTA – Needs a STRONG campaign Spirit Awards – Possible nominee .. my opinion

the problem is nobody cares about her film,competition is to strong for her in only 5 nominees spots

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

I dont understand release date for Clemency. That kills it dead as is. Much less the mediocre reviews and garbage distributor.

judy
    Participant
    Topics:

I dont understand release date for Clemency. That kills it dead as is. Much less the mediocre reviews and garbage distributor.

maybe management team knows that this film is dead

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Those saying Ronan and Theron are vulnerable 👇🏻

1)“Let’s talk Best Actress Oscar predictions. I would say three pretty secure noms: Zellweger, Erivo, Johansson.

Hoping Awkwafina will stay in the mix. She absolutely deserves to. Curious to see if Lupita breaks in.

Hearing amazing things about Saorise Ronan and Charlize Theron.”- Janelle Riley @JanelleRiley

2)“This is where I’m at too: Zellweger, Erivo, Johansson, Awkwafina, Ronan. Feel very solid about that top 4. Hearing phenomenal things about Theron too. Much depends on these Dec releases getting seen in time with a shorter season. Nyong’o holding on all year would be impressive.”- Erik Anderson @Awardswatch

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  Victor Cruz.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  Victor Cruz.
    judy
    Participant
    Topics:

Those saying Ronan and Theron are vulnerable 👇🏻 1)“Let’s talk Best Actress Oscar predictions. I would say three pretty secure noms: Zellweger, Erivo, Johansson. Hoping Awkwafina will stay in the mix. She absolutely deserves to. Curious to see if Lupita breaks in. Hearing amazing things about Saorise Ronan and Charlize Theron.”- Janelle Riley 2)“This is where I’m at too: Zellweger, Erivo, Johansson, Awkwafina, Ronan. Feel very solid about that top 4. Hearing phenomenal things about Theron too. Much depends on these Dec releases getting seen in time with a shorter season. Nyong’o holding on all year would be impressive.”- Erik Anderson

Erivo movie is getting murdered by critics

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Erivo is not secure at all: her film is getting really bad reviews and the buzz for her isn’t even that strong. If she was getting raves like Zellweger did I could see her maybe being able to overcome a rotten score, but as it is she’ll probably receive a pity nomination in Song instead.

For Your Consideration.

Best Picture: Joker
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix
    Best Adapted Screenplay: Joker

deaetee
    Participant
    Topics:

At this point, Awkwafina is more secure than Erivo lol

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Erivo will make some precursors but I don’t know if she’ll get the nomination at the end. I can see a passion pick like Woodard if she gets those critics wins or Awkwafina or Lupita taking her place.

Best Actress is looking like last year’s Best Actor race.

1. Zellweger (Rami Malek)
    2. Theron (Christian Bale)
    3. Scarlett Johansson (Viggo Mortansen)
    4. Saoirse Ronan (Bradley Cooper)
    5. Alfre Woodard (Willem Defaoe)

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

*sigh* Alfre isn’t going to be a critics pick. Her movie is too late. Charlize Theron and Saorise Ronan are NOT secure in the slightest. Not with those release dates and the possibility of both being underwhelming. The only sure things are Johansson and Zellweger.

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Alfre can DEFINITELY get that SAG nomination. She is truly beloved by her peers. They really need to work the critics. That’s the battle itself. BAFTA is likely the hardest for Woodard to score a nomination. They have to play it smart.

There needs to be a premier and/or critics screening in London, and they need to prepare those screeners. No cheap looking screeners either. Her being a veteran that has never really had her true breakout in cinema will give her an edge with SAG. The Hollywood Foreign Press is very familiar with her (awarding her once and even having her daughter hand out the Golden Globes). Plus, the Globes often nominate performances that don’t get many nominations from critics… Rosemund Pike (A Private War), Halle Berry (Frankie & Alice), Jodie Foster (The Brave One), Kate Winslet (Labor Day) etc… The good thing about the Critics Choice Awards is that there are 6 spots for the acting categories.

Critic’s Choice- Needs a decent campaign
    Golden Globe- Likely nominee
    Screen Actors Guild – Likely Nominee
    BAFTA – Needs a STRONG campaign
    Spirit Awards – Possible nominee

.. my opinion

Baby, let me break this down for you;

SAG is probably the least likely out of all of these since Clemency has a late release and screeners most likely aren’t going to be sent out on time. Even if they were, that’s not the type of movie they’d watch. SAG is BASICCCCC to the third degree. Yes, they are inclusive but they don’t have slow indie dramas as priority screeners unless they are a frontrunner. If you are not seen on time, you don’t get nominated. Period. SAG doesn’t blind vote (even Meryl Streep of all people missed a nod because The Post was too late).

BAFTA is out of the question. That will never happen for obvious reasons. Ever.

Critics Choice only nominates what they predict which will be Johansson, Zellweger, Awkwafina, Erivo, Theron, Nyong’o, Ronan which is 7 people right there way before Woodard. I’m almost 100% sure those are going to be the nominees.

In the Drama category for Globes, you have Zellweger, Johansson, Ronan, Nyong’o, Erivo alone. Now if some of these move over to the Comedy side, it actually wouldn’t be that far fetched for Alfre to score a filler nom. But that’s it.

She’s only getting in for Indie Spirits and Gothams. It’s not happening, baby.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Wake up. With NEON, Alfre has no chance. Only critics can save her at this point. All she needs is a CC and GG nom so she becomes that passion pick/filler nod at the Oscars. Otherwise, she’s not happening, cause Clemency is an utter flop.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

At this point, Awkwafina is more secure than Erivo lol

Finally someone gets it. Awkwafina is comfortably in 3rd. Maybe even 2nd if ScarJo continues to open her mouth.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Alfre could get a Charlotte Rampling 45 years kind of run.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Finally someone gets it. Awkwafina is comfortably in 3rd. Maybe even 2nd if ScarJo continues to open her mouth.

This is wishful thinking. Awkwafina is fighting for a nomination.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Imagine thinking Alfie has a better shot than Awkwafina lmao

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 486 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.