Home Forums Movies Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 426 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
Bee
thatnerdgreg
  • Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

I remember when Glenn Close was a lock to win…I’m not calling Rene the winner yet. Lets see how the awards season shakes out.

Natalie Portman for Jackie too. The only difference in the years of those women is that they had tough competition. Renée is having fun in a weak year. Besides Close, there were many others to choose from, there were even remarkable snubs and that was the case with Portman too. This year is just empty. Those who were supposed to be Renée’s biggest competition has all flopped critically at least. I pray miracle happens and we get a surprising winner like last season

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Lil Tony.
    • This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Lil Tony.

Imagine A World Without Movies

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

There is definitely passion for someone like Alfre. She is one of the most versatile actresses of her generation (quoting Wikipedia) but she was held down due to the times. That is why it was so important to see Cicely Tyson get her Honorary Oscar. Tyson was another woman that was held back based on her looks but she was extremely gifted Alfre is just as gifted as the giants from her generation (Meryl, Glenn, Jessica) but the film industry was bad for women of color during those times. There is definitely passion to see someone who was held back get a nomination/win. Only Neon can mess this up. Even if the film only has decent reviews, with the right campaign, she is in. For those that say she is unknown, maybe in European standards she is. But if an actress has 19 Primetime Emmy nominations (3 wins) and an Oscar nomination, then maybe there is simply a lack of knowledge on your end. …my opinion

Exactly. Even though she won many great roles and accolades during her career, Alfre deserved more, so much more. She’s simply outstanding.

Anyway, somebody reach out to Neon execs and tell them to do their fucking job

Otherwise this looks soo boring so far

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Seven.
    • This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Seven.
    John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

The apathy towards Renée on here, yikes! Your precious Johansson will be happy with the nod, she’s not winning, so you better digest it now that you have the time to.

That’s funny, because I’m seeing the exact opposite: a lot of unconditional love for Renee and some serious vitriol towards Johansson. I’m not a huge fan if either, but Johansson is just as strong a contender as Renee is, regardless of her past controversies: those won’t matter to the academy.

For Your Consideration

Best Picture: Parasite
    Best Director: Bong-Joon Ho,
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix
    Best Actress: Scarlett Johansson
    Supporting Actor: Al Pacino
    Supporting Actress: Florence Pugh
    Adapted Screenplay: Jojo Rabbit
    Original Screenplay: Parasite

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

The apathy towards Renée on here, yikes! Your precious Johansson will be happy with the nod, she’s not winning, so you better digest it now that you have the time to.

What apathy? And from whom??? Pretty sure nowhere in my post did I say that she is undeserving this time. I’m just thinking her winning a second Oscar this year is really odd and unsatisfactory.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

For me, I don’t want Renée Zellweger to get a second Oscar before Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman, Kate Winslet, Helen Mirren, Rachel Weiz, Judy Dench and Natalie Portman.

I don’t even want to see get a second before Margot Robbie, Sally Hawkins, Alfre Woodard, Glenn Close and Naomi Watts gets their first.

Imagine A World Without Movies

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, I’ll probably like Zellweger’s performance in Judy but as some users said, if she wins a second dildo it will be disgusting. Especially when her first was one of the most annoying and atrocious Supporting Actress wins of all time.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, I’ll probably like Zellweger’s performance in Judy but as some users said, if she wins a second dildo it will be disgusting. Especially when her first was one of the most annoying and atrocious Supporting Actress wins of all time.

Lol! Are you saying you didn’t care for her Granny Clampett performance?

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Only way I support Renee winning a second Oscar this year is if she gives back the one she won for that atrocious razzie worthy performance in Cold Mountain.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s funny, because I’m seeing the exact opposite: a lot of unconditional love for Renee and some serious vitriol towards Johansson. I’m not a huge fan if either, but Johansson is just as strong a contender as Renee is, regardless of her past controversies: those won’t matter to the academy.

What’s strange is a lot of users seemed to be all over Scarlett when Marriage Story premiered. But now she keeps getting insulted on here. Is it all because of the Woody Allen comment? What’s also interesting is that both Adam Driver and Laura Dern have only increased in popularity and hype on this site since the premiere.

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol! Are you saying you didn’t care for her Granny Clampett performance?

Darling, she was atrocious and Razzie-worthy.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s strange is a lot of users seemed to be all over Scarlett when Marriage Story premiered. But now she keeps getting insulted on here. Is it all because of the Woody Allen comment? What’s also interesting is that both Adam Driver and Laura Dern have only increased in popularity and hype on this site since the premiere.

This site hype is the worst in judging reactions for oscar. It mostly works for the controversial films that end up doing well like 3 billboards or green book. But for every other film, yeah dont bother.

wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

Let me correct history:

Renee wins for Bridget Jones

Halle keeps getting meaningful roles and wins the year Winslet won

Kate gets the Oscar the next year for Revolutionary Road

Bullock can fucking wait

Had that happened, we could pretend that Shit Mountain win ever took place.

BigJay2012
    Participant
    Topics:

I actually thought Renee was great in Cold Mountain, she really created a character, and wasnt Razzie worthy at all.

Also her winning this year would make up her snub for Chicago. THAT should have been her first Oscar, low key.

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Probably. These forums are full of SJW’s. I didn’t like Scarlett’s comments either, but cancelling her compeltely over them is just ridiculous. Whoever has the better performance should matter more than who has the most baggage.

For Your Consideration

Best Picture: Parasite
    Best Director: Bong-Joon Ho,
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix
    Best Actress: Scarlett Johansson
    Supporting Actor: Al Pacino
    Supporting Actress: Florence Pugh
    Adapted Screenplay: Jojo Rabbit
    Original Screenplay: Parasite

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 426 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.