Home Forums Movies Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 416 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
12 months ago
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
Bee
Human Bartender
  • Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Lady gaga could be perfect choice for Amy Winehouse biopic

Omg you’re right, that would be a serve.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Cinephile
    Topics:

Honestly, this season seems boring across the board. At least this time last year I had Colman/Weisz/Stone/The Favourite to presumptively stan, but I’m not feeling anything at this point unless Dern has some Renata moments in Marriage Story.

so true I agree. For me best actor this year is the most interesting, it’s stacked. There’s a lot of players and interesting factors which suggests we’re going to have different groups of 5 nominees for a lot of the precursors and industry awards.

Fortunately for us, Dern does have an impressive 7 minute court room monologue which I can’t wait to see.

@kn8: MARRIAGE STORY has a Laura Dern monologue that is going to be GIF’d until the end of time.

@cetincem: But the Laura Dern monologue about motherhood, Mary and God = Everything. It’s hilarious and you’ll be quoting it for the rest of your life.

Profile picture
    kellis
    Topics:

Me to myself knowing that no one I stan is in this category so I just have to force myself to pay attention and help chaos along to keep myself from being bored:

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Me to myself knowing that no one I stan is in this category so I just have to force myself to pay attention and help chaos along to keep myself from being bored:

Tbh even if nobody you stan is in contention one of the ladies performances might slay y’all. Y’all just gotta be patient.

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

This season for Actress is going to not be very fun. There are some actresses involved that I like shading, but none I’m rooting for.

Oh well, at least Supporting Actor has Willem Dafoe nearby.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    TheDreamingHead
    Topics:

This season for Actress is going to not be very fun. There are some actresses involved that I like shading, but none I’m rooting for.

Oh well, at least Supporting Actor has Willem Dafoe nearby.

Both Willem Dafoe and Awkwafina are morphing into limbo day by day. Seriously the heck is going on with A24’s campaign machine lately?

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Both Willem Dafoe and Awkwafina are morphing into limbo day by day. Seriously the heck is going on with A24’s campaign machine lately?

Right? They had a very good chance at getting a nomination for Best Picture with The Farewell but they’ve been so quiet lately?

I mean it’s still possible and I still have it in my predictions but if they keep this up I won’t be shocked to see the film just getting 3 noms. (Screenplay, Actress, S. Actress)

Judy has, like, a 64 on Metacritic, but an 88% on Rotten Tomatoes. I don’t know why, but that confuses me.

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Judy has, like, a 64 on Metacritic, but an 88% on Rotten Tomatoes. I don’t know why, but that confuses me.

What’s co confusing about it? 88% on RT means 88% of critics think it’s at least 6/10. It’s average rating on RT (6,84) isn’t that far off from its Metacritic score.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I’m just not feeling it this year. At this point last year, I had already had three knife fights with the Gaga crew, had had LilTony committed due to hallucinations, had received a warning due to some comments and the biggest contenders were some symbol of life philosophy. In 2019, I don’t know… the most exciting thing has been Scarlette giving that interview. Unless we step up, I fear for the worst.

so true. Fights here and there. We all had fun. Only slow minded individuals were taking those arguments too personal. For Me, I miss my fucking polls/survey. Gaga 100%.

We’re not having 21 parts of this thread this year

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Weren’t you the one saying that Harriet might be good and Erivo a sure thing before it premiered at TIFF despite the early reactions from that messy trailer. Lol!

She did have strong buzz before TIFF. So? Best Actress lineup is weak as hell this year, Erivo can still happen especially if Bombshell flops.

Profile picture
    Diamonds
    Topics:

I had a dream last night that Renee didn’t get in and Awkwafina and Erivo both did. Kind of a nightmare really.

Really tho, Zellweger is the only stan worthy performance for me so far, but I can’t wait to see DAME Helen Mirren in The Good Liar, who knows, in this weak ass category she could get in if the film is a success.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I love the gif! but darling let’s be real Zellweger ain’t losing in a million years. Erivo ain’t happening, that trailer alone could tell it.

Erm… I am talking about a nomination sis…

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Renée can easily lose Scarlett so idk where this “ain’t losing in a million years“ talk is coming from.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 416 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.