Home Forums Movies Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 428 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
Bee
thatnerdgreg
  • kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Me to myself knowing that no one I stan is in this category so I just have to force myself to pay attention and help chaos along to keep myself from being bored:

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Me to myself knowing that no one I stan is in this category so I just have to force myself to pay attention and help chaos along to keep myself from being bored:

Tbh even if nobody you stan is in contention one of the ladies performances might slay y’all. Y’all just gotta be patient.

Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

This season for Actress is going to not be very fun. There are some actresses involved that I like shading, but none I’m rooting for.

Oh well, at least Supporting Actor has Willem Dafoe nearby.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Weathering With You, Parasite, The Lighthouse
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe - The Lighthouse
    Best Animated Feature: Weathering With You, Promare
    Best International Film: Weathering With You, Parasite

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

This season for Actress is going to not be very fun. There are some actresses involved that I like shading, but none I’m rooting for.

Oh well, at least Supporting Actor has Willem Dafoe nearby.

Both Willem Dafoe and Awkwafina are morphing into limbo day by day. Seriously the heck is going on with A24’s campaign machine lately?

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Both Willem Dafoe and Awkwafina are morphing into limbo day by day. Seriously the heck is going on with A24’s campaign machine lately?

Right? They had a very good chance at getting a nomination for Best Picture with The Farewell but they’ve been so quiet lately?

I mean it’s still possible and I still have it in my predictions but if they keep this up I won’t be shocked to see the film just getting 3 noms. (Screenplay, Actress, S. Actress)

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Judy has, like, a 64 on Metacritic, but an 88% on Rotten Tomatoes. I don’t know why, but that confuses me.

Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

Judy has, like, a 64 on Metacritic, but an 88% on Rotten Tomatoes. I don’t know why, but that confuses me.

What’s co confusing about it? 88% on RT means 88% of critics think it’s at least 6/10. It’s average rating on RT (6,84) isn’t that far off from its Metacritic score.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m just not feeling it this year. At this point last year, I had already had three knife fights with the Gaga crew, had had LilTony committed due to hallucinations, had received a warning due to some comments and the biggest contenders were some symbol of life philosophy. In 2019, I don’t know… the most exciting thing has been Scarlette giving that interview. Unless we step up, I fear for the worst.

so true. Fights here and there. We all had fun. Only slow minded individuals were taking those arguments too personal. For Me, I miss my fucking polls/survey. Gaga 100%.

We’re not having 21 parts of this thread this year

FYC
    Best Actor :.
    Taron Egerton = Rocketman
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker
    Eddie Murphy = Dolemite is my Name

Best actress :
    Charlize Theron = Bombshell
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor
    Brad Pitt = Once upon a time in Hollywood

Supporting Actress =
    Margot Robbie = Any of her two performances.
    Dame Maggie Smith = Downton Abbey
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Weren’t you the one saying that Harriet might be good and Erivo a sure thing before it premiered at TIFF despite the early reactions from that messy trailer. Lol!

She did have strong buzz before TIFF. So? Best Actress lineup is weak as hell this year, Erivo can still happen especially if Bombshell flops.

Diamonds
    Participant
    Topics:

I had a dream last night that Renee didn’t get in and Awkwafina and Erivo both did. Kind of a nightmare really.

Really tho, Zellweger is the only stan worthy performance for me so far, but I can’t wait to see DAME Helen Mirren in The Good Liar, who knows, in this weak ass category she could get in if the film is a success.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

I love the gif! but darling let’s be real Zellweger ain’t losing in a million years. Erivo ain’t happening, that trailer alone could tell it.

Erm… I am talking about a nomination sis…

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Renée can easily lose Scarlett so idk where this “ain’t losing in a million years“ talk is coming from.

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

At least Dafoe can get in just based on name alone, and his film has a more awards-friendly release date. The Farewell is completely forgotten now, and Awkwafina won’t a have a chance in hell without a miracle campaign.

For Your Consideration.

Best Picture: Parasite, Jojo Rabbit, Joker, Ford v Ferrari
    Best Director: Bong-Joon Ho, Taika Waititi, Todd Phillips
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix, Robert Pattinson, Roman Griffin Davis, Christian Bale
    Best Actress: Lupita Nyong'o
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe, Song Kang-Ho, Sam Rockwell
    Best Supporting Actress: Thomasin McKensie, Cho Yeo-Jeong
    Best Adapted Screenplay: Jojo Rabbit, Joker
    Best Original Screenplay: Parasite, Ford v Ferrari

Dana S.
    Participant
    Topics:

In 2019, I don’t know… the most exciting thing has been Scarlette giving that interview. Unless we step up, I fear for the worst.

Scarlett can always give more interviews.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Erm… I am talking about a nomination sis…

For NAACP image award?

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 428 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.