Home Forums Movies Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 406 through 417 (of 417 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
Bee
thatnerdgreg
  • Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

So now saying that I don’t think Lupita is getting nominated mostly because of her film genre makes me a racist. You’re reaching!Eheh.

I was even rooting for Toni Collette, she is mostly the only example to justify my argument as why Lupita won’t get nominated despite your pathetic attempts B+ reception of her performance and the huge box office numbers.

Marina de Tavira coattailled but still « got nominated » over A-lister Emily Blunt with her SAG win and the big money her so called accessible (according to you) film made. Lupita situation won’t be any different. The film will be her biggest disadvantage. Can’t you just understand that? Why are you trying to make it like I’m racist or I hate Lupita.

Talking about being delusional lol! The universal acclaim Toni Collette’s performance received is not comparable with Lupita’s. You’re delusional if you think otherwise.

Being a recent winner is NOT a pertinent argument to justify a nomination. BP yes and all that, but SAG ensemble is an irrelevant award. Ppl don’t care about it besides I never said Lupita wasn’t known. Would I dare? Lol!

I could care less about Theron and Ronan. See I’m not attacking you, I’m just proving by A+B why Lupita is NOT happening.

LMFAOOOOO y’all are delusional. None of this helps your case at all and it’s clear you dont pay attention to shit. GD users has some of the worst arguments when it comes to awards and it’s so obvious who are newbies who think they know what they’re talking about. You dumb fucks have poisoned the site.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

I don’t know why the Lupita stans hate Theron and Ronan so much. It’s laughable.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

I don’t know why the Lupita stans hate Theron and Ronan so much. It’s laughable.

I know why. They want both of them to fail so Lupita can happen.

Profile picture
    Faux architect
    Topics:

I hate all yer faves equally.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by M Bocioaca.

Pantheon of acting: Uta / Elizabeth / Richard / Sandy (Virginia Woolf), Bibi / Liv (Persona), Sandrine (La Ceremonie), Brie (Short Term 12), Jodie (Silence of the Lambs), Jodie (Killing Eve), Eva (Penny Dreadful), Timothée (CMBYN), Lupita (Us)

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

My Goodness! y’all the most fragile people on the internet. Like seriously someone can’t just speak his mind without being called a hater or whatever. Chill!

You missed Chimichanggas’ joke. In Hereditary, Collette beheads herself with a piano wire.

Collette’s performance in Hereditary is the greatest of any horror movie since Spacek and Laurie in Carrie and while Nyong’o could be deserving of a nomination when considering her competition, it doesn’t feel right that she’d make it in when Collette didn’t.

Profile picture
    TheDreamingHead
    Topics:

I know why. They want both of them to fail so Lupita can happen.

Which means Reneé is having a blast getting her second Oscar in a cake walk. Nobody wants that to happen, honey. We just want Lupita to be nominated, that’s all!

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Why would you respond to your own comment like that rather than make this statement right away? lmao

Exactly lol. Nobody hates Charlize or Saorise (half of us STANS the latter). But thinking anyone is a lock beyond Renee Zellweger and Scarlett Johansson is ludicrous.

Profile picture
    TheDreamingHead
    Topics:

You missed Chimichanggas’ joke. In Hereditary, Collette beheads herself with a piano wire.

Collette’s performance in Hereditary is the greatest of any horror movie since Spacek and Laurie in Carrie and while Nyong’o could be deserving of a nomination when considering her competition, it doesn’t feel right that she’d make it in when Collette didn’t.

Honey it also doesn’t feel right that either Glenn Close, Olivia Colman or even Lady Gaga would win this year considering the competition. And yes, Collette would be nominated too. The world isn’t fair sometimes.

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

LMFAOOOOO y’all are delusional. None of this helps your case at all and it’s clear you dont pay attention to shit. GD users has some of the worst arguments when it comes to awards and it’s so obvious who are newbies who think they know what they’re talking about. You dumb fucks have poisoned the site.

I usually agree with what you say, but if anything I think Lupita being a recent winner might hurt her chances for a nom, especially considering it’s for a horror movie. It’s too soon for this, I think.

Also disagree with negating just how much acclaim Collette got for her performance. Collette got craaaazy raves. There really is no comparing her work and Nyong’o’s. Nyong’o did a lot of cool technical work with her voice, but Collette’s performance is totally unhinged and spontaneous. It’s like someone let her loose in real life and told her to figure out a family curse. She makes it sooooo real.

Collette’s noms:
    AACTA
    Austin FCA
    AWFJ
    Critics Choice
    Dorian Awards
    Independent Spirit Awards
    London Film Critics’ Circle
    San Francisco Film Critics Circle
    Washington DC Area Film Critics Association

Collette’s wins:
    Chicago Film Critics Association
    Detroit Film Critics Society
    Florida Film Critics Circle (runner-up)
    Georgia Film Critics Association
    Gotham Awards
    Houston Film Critics Society
    Los Angeles Film Critics Association (runner-up)
    Online Film Critics Society
    Seattle Film Critics Society
    St. Louis Film Critics Assocation
    Women Film Critics Circle (runner-up)

A nom for CC and the Indy. And won the Gotham.

Profile picture
    TheDreamingHead
    Topics:

Last year’s best actress is the best one in many years. So many ups and downs, twists and turns from september to the Oscar night.

Profile picture
    Paul Sheehan
    Topics:

Continue the conversation in Part 4.

Viewing 12 posts - 406 through 417 (of 417 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.