Home Forums Movies Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 437 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
Bee
thatnerdgreg
  • Aint2Proud2Beg
    Participant
    Topics:

Heard that Priyanka Chopra got some sort of “ovation” for her movie. I hope her bearding PR-made ass comes no where near the nominations.

She has it on lock though if they nominate her for faking the whole marriage/career thing in real life.

Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Heard that Priyanka Chopra got some sort of “ovation” for her movie. I hope her bearding PR-made ass comes no where near the nominations. She has it on lock though if they nominate her for faking the whole marriage/career thing in real life.

Darling, imagine thinking Priyanka Chopra has a shot at getting a nod. The audacity.

I was your Prime Minister once.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Even if Bombshell ends up with mixed reviews and a 60% on RT. It’ll still happen like Vice.

Man some folks are really banking on that 30 second teaser. Vice was the followup film to Adam McKay’s breakthrough The Big Short and it starred academy darlings Bale and Adams. Bombshell is directed by the guy did Trumbo lol

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Darling, imagine thinking Priyanka Chopra has a shot at getting a nod. The audacity.

I really don’t like to be too mean toward actors (or anyone for that matter) because I know how difficult their job is, but I HAVE TO LAUGH. Priyanka Chopra is NOT getting nominated for an Oscar. Have people seen Quantico? I know people who quit the show because of how bad she was in it.

Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

I really don’t like to be too mean toward actors (or anyone for that matter) because I know how difficult their job is, but I HAVE TO LAUGH. Priyanka Chopra is NOT getting nominated for an Oscar. Have people seen Quantico? I know people who quit the show because of how bad she was in it.

Darling, we love mean Luca.

I was your Prime Minister once.

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Guys in the acting races we still have Bombshell, Little Women and The Irishman whose verdicts haven’t been decided yet. Which one is the potential flop?

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Guys in the acting races we still have Bombshell, Little Women and The Irishman whose verdicts haven’t been decided yet. Which one is the potential flop?

I don’t see The Irishman getting any acting noms

Globes FYC- Fleabag, Phoebe Waller Bridge, Jodie Comer, Dame Emma Thompson, The Crown

SAG FYC- The Crown, Olivia Colman, Fleabag, PWB

Critics Choice- Schitts Creek, Fleabag, Killing Eve, Bodyguard

BAFTA- Fleabag, Killing Eve

Oscars FYC ‘Little Women’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Maggie Smith’

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

they could all flop tbh. i am only predicting noms for little women for now.

Owl-Always-watching
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m still going to stick with people overestimating Little Women. I don’t think it will get acting nomination or any.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Man some folks are really banking on that 30 second teaser. Vice was the followup film to Adam McKay’s breakthrough The Big Short and it starred academy darlings Bale and Adams. Bombshell is directed by the guy did Trumbo lol

Theron in that 30 second clip acted circles around Awkwafina. I’m not banking on a 30 second clip, I’m banking on test screenings reviews.

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Test screening reviews for Bombshell weren’t that great.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I have nothing against Ronan, but remember when people thought she was McDormand’s runner-up, while Hawkins and Robbie acted circles around her? 🤣

Hawkins was the runner up, Ronan was third, and Robbie was a distant fourth, as she should be, as McDormand, and the former two were clearly better.

forget the overhyped Lupita Nyong’o and Jennifer Lawrence of that season, Sally Hawkins was by far the best in that category that year. I’d argue she was even better than her costar, Cate Blanchett. Hawkins was the best closely followed by Julia Roberts. But if I was to choose between Nyong’o and Lawrence, I’d give it to Lawrence. That Lawrence didn’t play a pitiable character doesn’t mean she wasn’t better

Nyong’o didn’t beat Lawrence because she played a pitiable character. She won because she was by far the best Supporting Actress of that year. Lawrence was fun, but she was way too over the top (dear God, that cleaning scene was awful) in a role that she was inherently wrong for. And moving back to the whole pitiable situation, Allison Janney won in the same category two years ago playing a character with absolutely zero redeeming qualities.

Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

If Jennifer Lawrence didn’t win for Silver Linings she would’ve easily beaten Nyong’o that year.
    That said Sally Hawkins was head and shoulders above anyone in that category except Roberts but she was a fraud.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m still going to stick with people overestimating Little Women. I don’t think it will get acting nomination or any.

In case you’ve forgotten, this is probably the weakest that both actress categories have been all decade. Little Women will receive acting nominations.

Lexa
    Participant
    Topics:

Test screening reviews for Bombshell weren’t that great.

I predicted this even when some people here said it can’t flop because it has a great cast and script and whatever…

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 437 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.