Home Forums Movies Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 500 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
Lil Tony
I Don't Need ..
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Continue the Best Actress 2020 discussion going in this thread.

cracker of whips, bringer of jocks
    Participant
    Topics:

I forgot about Theron lol. But I don’t have faith in that movie at all. She’s definetely a possibity tho.

She’ll bring it home.

UnderHerEye
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m praying Eternal Beauty is released this year and Radioactive next because seeing two of the best English roses fight over golden calf same year would truly destroy me.
    She’s had sex with fish, she’s been killed by lizard, she deserves her revenge at Academy Awards.

Edgar Pereira
    Participant
    Topics:

I kind admire Scarlett Johansson for going against social media and “what’s supposed to say” because of Woody. She’s just not going with the flow in this case.
    And people arguing she will not get Oscar recognition… Well, it’s early in the awards race and her performance in MARRIAGE STORY seems just too astonishing to ignore (according to critics). I don’t believe it hurts her: the performance is good, she’s too big to fall and she’s not being accused of rape

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

Edgar Pereira
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know what to think about Charlize Theron and all the BOMBSHELL movie in general… It looks so good that I fear it might disappoint and that late release date….
    But I’ve no doubt about Theron’s talents.
    I’m predicting: Zellweger, Johansson, Erivo, Woodard and then Theron or Ronan or Mirren. One of the best Best Actress races in years for sure

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn

Enygma
    Participant
    Topics:

Gals, you do know that Woody is clearly not a metoo thing, right?

It’s an internal family issue which has been legaly resolved and shows clear manipulation of a vulnerable person by his crazy ex wife.

Funny thing is, you couldnt find a filmaker who has a better releatioship with his actress than woody. And hes worked with like hundreds of them with no complaint. And written gorgeous, demanding material for them.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know what to think about Charlize Theron and all the BOMBSHELL movie in general… It looks so good that I fear it might disappoint and that late release date…. But I’ve no doubt about Theron’s talents. I’m predicting: Zellweger, Johansson, Erivo, Woodard and then Theron or Ronan or Mirren. One of the best Best Actress races in years for sure

Funny, cause most people I’ve heard talking about the race agree that it currently looks pretty weak.

Chimichanggas
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t see Woodard and Theron to be nominated. Maybe Nyong’o and Awkwafina has better chances compared to them.

Edgar Pereira
    Participant
    Topics:

Funny, cause most people I’ve heard talking about the race agree that it currently looks pretty weak.

Not as great as last year’s (which was beyond great). Last year we had in the run: Glenn Close, Olivia Colman, Gaga, Yalitza Aparício, Melissa McCarthy, Toni Collette, Regina Hall, Joanna Kulig, Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts (never materialized), Viola Davis or even Amandla Stenberg – WHAT A RACE!
    This year’s pales a bit in comparison, but it is a great and diverse race

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Scarlett Johansson’s controversial statements will ultimately ruin her chances in the long run. Her reputation is not exactly the best. It doesn’t take away from her talent. She’s one of the best IMO. But awards are political.

Alfre Woodard’s momentum needs to start ASAP. She will more than likely be the film’s only potential nomination.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

Milk Money
    Participant
    Topics:

This is not going to hurt Scarlett’s chances.

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Not as great as last year’s (which was beyond great). Last year we had in the run: Glenn Close, Olivia Colman, Gaga, Yalitza Aparício, Melissa McCarthy, Toni Collette, Regina Hall, Joanna Kulig, Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts (never materialized), Viola Davis or even Amandla Stenberg – WHAT A RACE! This year’s pales a bit in comparison, but it is a great and diverse race

Last year sucked. Only Glenn and Gaga felt like realistic winners since ever.
    Colman(a supporting player…) was like a distant third, in theory. And quality-wise… I mean, Gaga and Aparicio were contenders. Eh.

JGibson
    Participant
    Topics:

this is looking like the year Brie Larson won. Compelled some strong performances but nobody really cares for the contenders as they dont create hype. also best actor is doing much better

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

This year theres better actresses in contention but with weaker projects and vehicles.

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

This year theres better actresses in contention but with weaker projects and vehicles.

At least for now we’ll have fun trying to predict who’s winning. They all see equally weak, so who knows what might happen.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.