Home Forums Movies Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 478 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
Lil Tony
thatnerdgreg
  • Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Cynthia Erivo is not winning for a bad movie.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

With the concerning tweets on Harriet, I feel like Lupita is now moving up towards becoming a locked nominee. I truly believe she can pull off the nomination and win some critic awards.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

LUPITA RISES

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

My prediction update after Harriet mixed reviews.

Best Actress

1) Scarlett Johansson- Marriage Story
    2) Renee Zellweger- JUDY
    3) Charlize Theron- Bombshell
    4) Saoirse Ronan- Little Women
    5) Awkwafina- The Farewell

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

With the concerning tweets on Harriet, I feel like Lupita is now moving up towards becoming a locked nominee. I truly believe she can pull off the nomination and win some critic awards.

Yes! Bring Lupita Back.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I don’t think mixed reviews spell doom for Erivo yet, since she’s being singled out as great by most of them. She could potentially still get a nomination, but if Lucy in the Sky gets good reactions and Portman gets raves, it’s over.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    MMartin
    Topics:

After seeing The Farewell, I think  Awkwafina is getting in. She gives a great performance. She has a lot of great emotional scenes that show off her acting chops. She is one of Hollywood’s biggest rising stars landing parts in tons of upcoming franchises. And the film is one of the most critically acclaimed of the year.

Also not sold on Theron, it definitely is a Oscar baity role. But Bombshell had a terrible trailer, and a terrible title. I don’t have much faith in the product. Plus are people really going to be that impressed with a Megyn Kelly impersonation, especially from a actress as talented as Theron, well I guess I could imagine the old voters being impressed with that.

Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

I thought Lupita was great, but I just don’t think she’s gonna get in, even if the competition is fairly weak. I currently believe the nominees will by Saoirse Ronan, Renee Zellweger, Scarlett Johansson, Charlize Theron, and Awkwafina. Awkwafina’s probably the most vulnerable.

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

After seeing The Farewell, I think Awkwafina is getting in. She gives a great performance. She has a lot of great emotional scenes that show off her acting chops. She is one of Hollywood’s biggest rising stars landing parts in tons of upcoming franchises. And the film is one of the most critically acclaimed of the year. Also not sold on Theron, it definitely is a Oscar baity role. But Bombshell had a terrible trailer, and a terrible title. I don’t have much faith in the product. Plus are people really going to be that impressed with a Megyn Kelly impersonation, especially from a actress as talented as Theron, well I guess I could imagine the old voters being impressed with that.

It was only a teaser trailer, and a damn good one! Great title–double entendre!

Also, I’ve shown the trailer to many of my peers who are all around college-age/early 20s… they are suuuper impressed with Theron. Young people who know what’s up are hyped about this movie.

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

Tbh not sure why we’re so sold on Ronan. She has a great trailer and her acting is marvelous in it, but it truly is the same thing she always does. I love her but really hope they pass over her this time. Right now I’d like to see Theron, Zellweger, Johansson, Awkwafina, and maybe Woodard? If not Woodard maybe Streep? Nobody is really predicting her… This probably isn’t her role, but I dare say I feel she’s having a bit of a resurgence in terms of her work… The last decade wasn’t so hot for her. Her work in Big Little Lies is top notch and I’m expecting her recent film work to match it.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Tbh not sure why we’re so sold on Ronan. She has a great trailer and her acting is marvelous in it, but it truly is the same thing she always does. I love her but really hope they pass over her this time. Right now I’d like to see Theron, Zellweger, Johansson, Awkwafina, and maybe Woodard? If not Woodard maybe Streep? Nobody is really predicting her… This probably isn’t her role, but I dare say I feel she’s having a bit of a resurgence in terms of her work… The last decade wasn’t so hot for her. Her work in Big Little Lies is top notch and I’m expecting her recent film work to match it.

People are predicting streep in supporting and considering there are some uh issues with her character, thats probably where she will stay. This is why I stood up for Lupita being in 7th place because it doesnt take too many flops to move into the top 5.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

I love Ronan but I recall many claiming that she was a lock last year. I’m not ready to say that she is a lock just because she is working with Gerwig again. Anyway, I hope Lupita gets a nomination for her stellar performance in US.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

THR with first review. Not even Ervio is raved lol

Profile picture
    RobertPius
    Topics:

I love Ronan but I recall many claiming that she was a lock last year. I’m not ready to say that she is a lock just because she is working with Gerwig again. Anyway, I hope Lupita gets a nomination for her stellar performance in US.

I think Ronan’s problem will be getting people to watch the screener. Unless it gets raves, I think a lot of people will be so familiar with the story from the three film versions and some TV versions plus reading the book in school………….I just don’t see this as high on people’s must see list unless the reviews are stellar.

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by RobertPius.
    • This reply was modified 9 months ago by RobertPius.
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 478 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.