Home Forums Movies Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 500 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
Lil Tony
I Don't Need ..
  • MMartin
    Participant
    Topics:

After seeing The Farewell, I think  Awkwafina is getting in. She gives a great performance. She has a lot of great emotional scenes that show off her acting chops. She is one of Hollywood’s biggest rising stars landing parts in tons of upcoming franchises. And the film is one of the most critically acclaimed of the year.

Also not sold on Theron, it definitely is a Oscar baity role. But Bombshell had a terrible trailer, and a terrible title. I don’t have much faith in the product. Plus are people really going to be that impressed with a Megyn Kelly impersonation, especially from a actress as talented as Theron, well I guess I could imagine the old voters being impressed with that.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought Lupita was great, but I just don’t think she’s gonna get in, even if the competition is fairly weak. I currently believe the nominees will by Saoirse Ronan, Renee Zellweger, Scarlett Johansson, Charlize Theron, and Awkwafina. Awkwafina’s probably the most vulnerable.

CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

After seeing The Farewell, I think Awkwafina is getting in. She gives a great performance. She has a lot of great emotional scenes that show off her acting chops. She is one of Hollywood’s biggest rising stars landing parts in tons of upcoming franchises. And the film is one of the most critically acclaimed of the year. Also not sold on Theron, it definitely is a Oscar baity role. But Bombshell had a terrible trailer, and a terrible title. I don’t have much faith in the product. Plus are people really going to be that impressed with a Megyn Kelly impersonation, especially from a actress as talented as Theron, well I guess I could imagine the old voters being impressed with that.

It was only a teaser trailer, and a damn good one! Great title–double entendre!

Also, I’ve shown the trailer to many of my peers who are all around college-age/early 20s… they are suuuper impressed with Theron. Young people who know what’s up are hyped about this movie.

CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

Tbh not sure why we’re so sold on Ronan. She has a great trailer and her acting is marvelous in it, but it truly is the same thing she always does. I love her but really hope they pass over her this time. Right now I’d like to see Theron, Zellweger, Johansson, Awkwafina, and maybe Woodard? If not Woodard maybe Streep? Nobody is really predicting her… This probably isn’t her role, but I dare say I feel she’s having a bit of a resurgence in terms of her work… The last decade wasn’t so hot for her. Her work in Big Little Lies is top notch and I’m expecting her recent film work to match it.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Tbh not sure why we’re so sold on Ronan. She has a great trailer and her acting is marvelous in it, but it truly is the same thing she always does. I love her but really hope they pass over her this time. Right now I’d like to see Theron, Zellweger, Johansson, Awkwafina, and maybe Woodard? If not Woodard maybe Streep? Nobody is really predicting her… This probably isn’t her role, but I dare say I feel she’s having a bit of a resurgence in terms of her work… The last decade wasn’t so hot for her. Her work in Big Little Lies is top notch and I’m expecting her recent film work to match it.

People are predicting streep in supporting and considering there are some uh issues with her character, thats probably where she will stay. This is why I stood up for Lupita being in 7th place because it doesnt take too many flops to move into the top 5.

KAZ-2.5
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Ronan but I recall many claiming that she was a lock last year. I’m not ready to say that she is a lock just because she is working with Gerwig again. Anyway, I hope Lupita gets a nomination for her stellar performance in US.

I Don’t Need You
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m predicting Harriet won’t do well but it’ll still be a formidable Best Actress contender. Think of The Iron Lady not being a Best Picture contender but being an Actress contender.

Rofl. Why are y’all pushing Erivo so hard? Ik you want her to complete her EGOT, but a lot of you seem to ignore a lot of weak points in her case. The most important part? Not sure if the industry gives a shit about her. She’s a newcomer. She needs to do a couple of movies still in order to make people realise she’s part of the business now, establish herself. That said, she might barely have a chance at getting in but she is far from a lock unless Ronan flops.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

THR with first review. Not even Ervio is raved lol

RobertPius
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Ronan but I recall many claiming that she was a lock last year. I’m not ready to say that she is a lock just because she is working with Gerwig again. Anyway, I hope Lupita gets a nomination for her stellar performance in US.

I think Ronan’s problem will be getting people to watch the screener. Unless it gets raves, I think a lot of people will be so familiar with the story from the three film versions and some TV versions plus reading the book in school………….I just don’t see this as high on people’s must see list unless the reviews are stellar.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 9 hours ago by  RobertPius.
    • This reply was modified 5 days, 9 hours ago by  RobertPius.
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

These Best Actress threads get crazier every year, haven’t even hit a decent precursor and we already have a user-on-user threat of violence 💀💀💀

Just saw the original post. I didn’t think anyone was ever gonna top Sasha’s comment on JLD’s cancer in terms of awfulness, but this might take the cake. That being said, I think it’s one of the most hilarious things I’ve seen in a long time. Leave it to GoldDerby.

I Don’t Need You
    Participant
    Topics:

Just saw the original post. I didn’t think anyone was ever gonna top Sasha’s comment on JLD’s cancer in terms of awfulness, but this might take the cake. That being said, I think it’s one of the most hilarious things I’ve seen in a long time. Leave it to GoldDerby.

What had Sasha said? lol May her soul rest in peace btw. DM me if u can’t post it in public

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:
    1. THR with first review. Not even Ervio is raved lol

but they didn’t say bad things about Erivo’s performance there

Taron Egerton (Rocketman) for best actor. Charlize Theron looks great in Bombshell teaser

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Harriet is supposed to be a performance movie. If the critics don’t fawn over Erivo, then she’s not getting in

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Harriet is supposed to be a performance movie. If the critics don’t fawn over Erivo, then she’s not getting in

I think the movie suffers deeply from bad directing. Lemmons isn’t strong enough for the project. RIP Harriet Tubman

• This reply was modified 5 days, 7 hours ago by  Lil Tony.
    • This reply was modified 5 days, 7 hours ago by  Lil Tony.

Taron Egerton (Rocketman) for best actor. Charlize Theron looks great in Bombshell teaser

Anthony 🐜
    Participant
    Topics:

Fight it all you guys want, Renée Zellweger is heading for her second Oscar. The raves just keep coming, over all other contenders. And her narrative gets stronger with each passing festival showing.

Thank you to the also ran, but this category is wrapped up.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.