Home Forums Movies Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 480 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
Lil Tony
Stegeo
  • JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

THR with first review. Not even Ervio is raved lol

RobertPius
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Ronan but I recall many claiming that she was a lock last year. I’m not ready to say that she is a lock just because she is working with Gerwig again. Anyway, I hope Lupita gets a nomination for her stellar performance in US.

I think Ronan’s problem will be getting people to watch the screener. Unless it gets raves, I think a lot of people will be so familiar with the story from the three film versions and some TV versions plus reading the book in school………….I just don’t see this as high on people’s must see list unless the reviews are stellar.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  RobertPius.
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by  RobertPius.
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

These Best Actress threads get crazier every year, haven’t even hit a decent precursor and we already have a user-on-user threat of violence 💀💀💀

Just saw the original post. I didn’t think anyone was ever gonna top Sasha’s comment on JLD’s cancer in terms of awfulness, but this might take the cake. That being said, I think it’s one of the most hilarious things I’ve seen in a long time. Leave it to GoldDerby.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Just saw the original post. I didn’t think anyone was ever gonna top Sasha’s comment on JLD’s cancer in terms of awfulness, but this might take the cake. That being said, I think it’s one of the most hilarious things I’ve seen in a long time. Leave it to GoldDerby.

What had Sasha said? lol May her soul rest in peace btw. DM me if u can’t post it in public

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:
    1. THR with first review. Not even Ervio is raved lol

but they didn’t say bad things about Erivo’s performance there

FYC
    Best Actor :.
    Taron Egerton = Rocketman
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker
    Eddie Murphy = Dolemite is my Name

Best actress :
    Charlize Theron = Bombshell
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor
    Brad Pitt = Once upon a time in Hollywood

Supporting Actress =
    Margot Robbie = Any of her two performances.
    Dame Maggie Smith = Downton Abbey
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Harriet is supposed to be a performance movie. If the critics don’t fawn over Erivo, then she’s not getting in

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Harriet is supposed to be a performance movie. If the critics don’t fawn over Erivo, then she’s not getting in

I think the movie suffers deeply from bad directing. Lemmons isn’t strong enough for the project. RIP Harriet Tubman

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Lil Tony.
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Lil Tony.

FYC
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker

Best actress :
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor

Supporting Actress =
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

Anthony 🐜
    Participant
    Topics:

Fight it all you guys want, Renée Zellweger is heading for her second Oscar. The raves just keep coming, over all other contenders. And her narrative gets stronger with each passing festival showing.

Thank you to the also ran, but this category is wrapped up.

moviefan617
    Participant
    Topics:

Erivo needed a knockout, undeniable performance and I’m not hearing that from reviews and reactions. On the other hand, I also was holding out on Zellweger because I thought she was also in the same spot, but the reception has been rapturous and the huge standing ovation at TIFF indicates where this is going. I took Erivo out and finally put Zellweger in, along with Johansson, Ronan and Awkwafina. I can see Erivo replacing Awkwafina, but I’m struggling to see other major contenders right now honestly, though Lupita deserves. It kind of seems like this is not a very exciting race? Maybe we were due for a boring Lead Actress year.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Erivo needed a knockout, undeniable performance and I’m not hearing that from reviews and reactions. On the other hand, I also was holding out on Zellweger because I thought she was also in the same spot, but the reception has been rapturous and the huge standing ovation at TIFF indicates where this is going. I took Erivo out and finally put Zellweger in, along with Johansson, Ronan and Awkwafina. I can see Erivo replacing Awkwafina, but I’m struggling to see other major contenders right now honestly, though Lupita deserves. It kind of seems like this is not a very exciting race? Maybe we were due for a boring Lead Actress year.

such a disappointment. Erivo had the early support based on who she’s portraying. If she had given a knockout performance like you said, the audience would have pushed her to the win.

I’m just praying for both  Charlize Theron and Alfred Woodard to rise so that either of them can take it. I love Scarlett Johansson but I don’t think her performance would be deserving of a win and Renée Zellweger isn’t someone I want to see with two Oscars yet

FYC
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker

Best actress :
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor

Supporting Actress =
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Another terrible review for Harriet. Erivo isn’t getting much praise either.

“#HarrietMovie is an uninspired, maddeningly pedestrian and dull film. Oscar-bait done wrong. It’s tragic that Harriet Tubman’s life is reduced to such a mundane & forgettable film. Cynthia Erivo is committed enough to at least make it watchable. #TIFF19”

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Victor Cruz.
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t understand the bling support towards Little Women in general, and Ronan in particular. She’ll pale in comparison to Winona Ryder’s portrayal of the same character.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Ronan won’t have an impressive performance, but she’s likely to have a good movie supporting her cause.

Nikhil
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m still predicting Erivo for the nomination for now. ScarJo v Zellweger for the win.

My personal Top 5 of 2019 so far:
    1) Parasite 2) The Farewell 3) Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4) The Irishman 5) Knives Out

DrewN92
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Zellweger is a much bigger threat than people are giving her credit for. On one of my podcasts they were talking about how all of the major studios are already saying at the festival parties that Zellweger is a lock for the win. Which is surprising to hear so early, especially from studios that have leading actresses to campaign for, but I can’t say I am fully surprised. I think this only hurts Erivo though as they both have semi-lackluster biopics but Zellweger is the one that has the unanimously praised performance to overcome the critiques of the movie.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 480 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.