Home Forums Movies Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 496 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
Lil Tony
I Don't Need ..
  • moviefan617
    Participant
    Topics:

Erivo needed a knockout, undeniable performance and I’m not hearing that from reviews and reactions. On the other hand, I also was holding out on Zellweger because I thought she was also in the same spot, but the reception has been rapturous and the huge standing ovation at TIFF indicates where this is going. I took Erivo out and finally put Zellweger in, along with Johansson, Ronan and Awkwafina. I can see Erivo replacing Awkwafina, but I’m struggling to see other major contenders right now honestly, though Lupita deserves. It kind of seems like this is not a very exciting race? Maybe we were due for a boring Lead Actress year.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Erivo needed a knockout, undeniable performance and I’m not hearing that from reviews and reactions. On the other hand, I also was holding out on Zellweger because I thought she was also in the same spot, but the reception has been rapturous and the huge standing ovation at TIFF indicates where this is going. I took Erivo out and finally put Zellweger in, along with Johansson, Ronan and Awkwafina. I can see Erivo replacing Awkwafina, but I’m struggling to see other major contenders right now honestly, though Lupita deserves. It kind of seems like this is not a very exciting race? Maybe we were due for a boring Lead Actress year.

such a disappointment. Erivo had the early support based on who she’s portraying. If she had given a knockout performance like you said, the audience would have pushed her to the win.

I’m just praying for both  Charlize Theron and Alfred Woodard to rise so that either of them can take it. I love Scarlett Johansson but I don’t think her performance would be deserving of a win and Renée Zellweger isn’t someone I want to see with two Oscars yet

Taron Egerton (Rocketman) for best actor. Charlize Theron looks great in Bombshell teaser

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Another terrible review for Harriet. Erivo isn’t getting much praise either.

“#HarrietMovie is an uninspired, maddeningly pedestrian and dull film. Oscar-bait done wrong. It’s tragic that Harriet Tubman’s life is reduced to such a mundane & forgettable film. Cynthia Erivo is committed enough to at least make it watchable. #TIFF19”

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  Victor Cruz.
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t understand the bling support towards Little Women in general, and Ronan in particular. She’ll pale in comparison to Winona Ryder’s portrayal of the same character.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Ronan won’t have an impressive performance, but she’s likely to have a good movie supporting her cause.

Nikhil
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m still predicting Erivo for the nomination for now. ScarJo v Zellweger for the win.

DrewN92
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Zellweger is a much bigger threat than people are giving her credit for. On one of my podcasts they were talking about how all of the major studios are already saying at the festival parties that Zellweger is a lock for the win. Which is surprising to hear so early, especially from studios that have leading actresses to campaign for, but I can’t say I am fully surprised. I think this only hurts Erivo though as they both have semi-lackluster biopics but Zellweger is the one that has the unanimously praised performance to overcome the critiques of the movie.

UnderHerEye
    Participant
    Topics:

such a disappointment. Erivo had the early support based on who she’s portraying. If she had given a knockout performance like you said, the audience would have pushed her to the win.

I’m just praying for both Charlize Theron and Alfred Woodard to rise so that either of them can take it. I love Scarlett Johansson but I don’t think her performance would be deserving of a win and Renée Zellweger isn’t someone I want to see with two Oscars yet

Well, I didn’t want to see Frances McDormand with two leading statuettes and look how it turned out. But fortunately Academy apologized to me next year by giving award to the most deserving winner this category has seen in 12 years. If Swank, Lange or Field can have two statuettes so can Renee.

paulsonalypse
    Participant
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow at Renée! I suppose a win for her would be karmic justice for A Star is Born’s snub (in 1955 not 2019).

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, I told you Erivo wasn’t a thing! You must always hear your Prime Minister!

LENA HEADEY hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!
    If Lena Headey doesn't win the Emmy, I'm leaving GoldDerby forever.

Monty
    Participant
    Topics:

Zellweger winning Oscar for portraying Judy Garland would make me get over the fact that Garland never won her Oscar. Let’s make this happen.

paulsonalypse
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s just so beautiful. So happy for Renée, she so deserves it! Bravo!

Renée Zellweger Tears Up After Receiving Two Standing Ovations at the TIFF Premiere for Judy

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

Judy is probably my most anticipated film of the year just for Renee’s performance

GIVE LENA HEADEY HER EMMY

UnderHerEye
    Participant
    Topics:

Now I don’t want Eternal Beauty getting released this year because I don’t want to see Renee’s comeback getting ruined. Sally can wait one more year… and I’m still rooting for my girl Alfre to get that overdue leading nom.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 496 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.