Home Forums Movies Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 496 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
Lil Tony
I Don't Need ..
  • TVFan365
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m still not counting out Nyong’o. I can see her getting support from the different regional critics awards and potentially Critics Choice/SAG/GG.

cracker of whips, bringer of jocks
    Participant
    Topics:

Lupita is not hetting close to a nomination.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Last year sucked. Only Glenn and Gaga felt like realistic winners since ever. Colman(a supporting player…) was like a distant third, in theory. And quality-wise… I mean, Gaga and Aparicio were contenders. Eh.

still on the Gaga hate? Can you please learn to let go? It’s 2019 and A star IS born was last year

Taron Egerton (Rocketman) for best actor. Charlize Theron looks great in Bombshell teaser

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

still on the Gaga hate? Can you please learn to let go? It’s 2019 and A star IS born was last year

I’m not hating on her, just stating facts. There was nothing Oscar-nominee worthy about her. Far from it.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not hating on her, just stating facts. There was nothing Oscar-nominee worthy about her. Far from it.

well, she got the nomination and you can never take that away from her. The Academy members knew she was deserving and only their opinion is valid.

Lady Gaga = an Academy Award nominee for best actress and a winner for best original song. Even with an extra nomination for best original song….

The record has been set. Haters can only hate

Taron Egerton (Rocketman) for best actor. Charlize Theron looks great in Bombshell teaser

I Don’t Need You
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, sorry to break it to you, but she bought her nomination.

Anthony 🐜
    Participant
    Topics:

2 x Oscar winner Renée Zellweger.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Lupita Nyong’o 100% deserves to be in this race. I can’t stop thinking about the brilliance of that performance; I can’t believe it’ll be entirely overlooked 😔

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

manakamana
    Participant
    Topics:

Cynthia Erivo’s chances rest on Harriett being at least good enough. It might get bad buzz out of cinephile circles online for not being *that* good, but it only needs to be as good as stuff like Still Alice, Theory of Everything, and Darkest Hour.

Scarlett Johansson is also a very strong contender to win given her body of work this year (with the added bonus of her entire contribution to MCU) so long as she keeps her foot out of her mouth. Although I can understand the difficulty — people took one random aside of a comprehensive interview and made it the Twitter Topic of the Day. She’s a VERY easy target for backlash.

Renée is getting a HELLA good campaign. She can also win.

I’ll keep Saoirse unless proven otherwise. People love her and Little Women looks good enough.

I’d say that last slot is between Awkwafina and Charlize Theron. I think the latter’s pull in Hollywood, recent string of critical respect and incentive from producing the film she’s in will push her in.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, sorry to break it to you, but she bought her nomination.

stay pressed

Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

I was firmly in the “Gaga is overrated” camp last year, but I must say this performance has really grown on me. Lol at the “she bought her nomination” when she was raved everywhere and got more critic’s mentions than Close.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Hoster1.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Hoster1.
    manakamana
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga definitely had the benefit of name recognition and the film’s praise. I don’t think she gave one of the best performances by an actress that year, but it’s not exactly a meritocracy.

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

Lupita Nyong’o 100% deserves to be in this race. I can’t stop thinking about the brilliance of that performance; I can’t believe it’ll be entirely overlooked 😔

I could see the argument for her getting in ahead of Ronan/Theron/Awkwafina etc. It’s still an open field and the buzz around Lupita’s performance was immense and won’t be forgotten about completely.

So much rests on the HFPA who did not award her for 12 Years a Slave. They could give her a make-up second nomination which spirals into a SAG nomination?

FYC: Carice van Houten, ‘Instinct’, Best Actress

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Lupita Nyongo is NOT getting in. She’s been forgotten. If Collete couldn’t do it. She won’t do it either.

The race is between:
    1) Scarlett Johansson- Marriage Story(NETFLIX)
    2) Renee ZellWeger- JUDY(ROADSIDE ATTRACTIONS)
    3) Charlize Theron- Bombshell (Lionsgate)

The other two spots will be between Soairse Ronan, Awkwafina, Cynthia Erivo. Who else?? Alfre Woodard maybe. But I doubt 3/5 will be late release nominees.

Theron- December 20
    Ronan- December 25
    Woodard- December 27.

Woodard’s film is coming out too late and making very little at the Box Office like Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool. While Theron and Ronan will have wide releases. And their films will get more attention.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Victor Cruz.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Victor Cruz.
    Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Lupita Nyongo is NOT getting in. She’s been forgotten. If Collete couldn’t do it. She won’t do it either. The race is between: 1) Scarlett Johansson- Marriage Story(NETFLIX) 2) Renee ZellWeger- JUDY(ROADSIDE ATTRACTIONS) 3) Charlize Theron- Bombshell (Lionsgate) The other two spots will be between Soairse Ronan, Awkwafina, Cynthia Erivo. Who else?? Alfre Woodard maybe. But I doubt 3/5 will be late release nominees. Theron- December 20 Ronan- December 25 Woodard- December 27. Woodard’s film is coming out too late and making very little at the Box Office like Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool. While Theron and Ronan will have wide releases. And their films will get more attention.

Clemency might get raves from TIFF and land into awards consideration from there. It already has Sundance reviews

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 496 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.