Home Forums Movies Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 500 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
Lil Tony
I Don't Need ..
  • Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Portman certainly wom those crtics awards because the film was directed by Pablo Larrain, a well respected director by critics. Judy’s director is like a nobody..

Darling, does Judy even have a director?

LENA HEADEY hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!
    If Lena Headey doesn't win the Emmy, I'm leaving GoldDerby forever.

AmnistY21
    Participant
    Topics:

Darling, does Judy even have a director?

CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

Weird saltiness but if Lupita were to win for Us I’d be so upset on behalf of Sissy Spacek’s Carrie.

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Update: I moved lopez back to supporting and put emma thompson in for late night. Very curious to see what happens with the comedy nominations at the globes. If US follows in the footsteps on Get out and goes comedy, then Luptia should easily get a nomination.

CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

Booksmart has a 97% on RT and 8.4 Metacritic… Could Kaitlyn Dever get in for Comedy Actress at the Globes?

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Weird saltiness but if Lupita were to win for Us I’d be so upset on behalf of Sissy Spacek’s Carrie.

There’s no possible way that Lupita will get a second win for a straight horror movie. That’s not a knock against her cause she was terrific. The Academy just doesn’t go for horror.

Aya Nakamura
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s no possible way that Lupita will get a second win for a straight horror movie. That’s not a knock against her cause she was terrific. The Academy just doesn’t go for horror.

Lupita literally can’t win, I don’t even know why one would suggest such thing.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean so is Laura Dern and Driver also taken those major critic awards. I think Driver will win the critics awards while Phoenix wins the industry awards.

I think that’s a definite possibility. I can also see it being the other way around, or either of them sweeping through both the critics and industry awards.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Booksmart has a 97% on RT and 8.4 Metacritic… Could Kaitlyn Dever get in for Comedy Actress at the Globes?

Shit, I forgot about Booksmart. Beanie’s very likely gonna score a Globes nomination. Dever might get in too.

wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

Lupita literally can’t win, I don’t even know why one would suggest such thing.

So, troll profile #7394927, huh?

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

The only way Lupita would win is if she got best-of-the-century raves and even then it would be a difficult feat. The nomination would be a very deserved reward for her.

Edgar Pereira
    Participant
    Topics:

Update: I moved lopez back to supporting and put emma thompson in for late night. Very curious to see what happens with the comedy nominations at the globes. If US follows in the footsteps on Get out and goes comedy, then Luptia should easily get a nomination.

Johansson (if MARRIAGE STORY goes comedy), Awkwafina (THE FAREWELL), Thompson (LATE NIGHT), Feldstein (BOOKSMART), Theron (LONG SHOT), Moore (GLORIA BELL), Denver (BOOKSMART), Streep (THE LAUNDROMAT), Bell (BRITANNY RUNS A MARATHON), Wu (HUSTLERS) or Scott (ALADDIN). Nyong’o if US goes GET OUT style (personally, I think it’s Drama)…! I’m starting to like GG race for Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I heard Johansson is going Comedy or Musical along with the film.
    and Hustlers is going drama.

1) Johansson- Marriage Story

2) Streep- The Laundromat
    3) Awkwafina- The Farewell
    4) Feldstein- Booksmart
    5) Theron- Long Shot

Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

I heard Johansson is going Comedy or Musical along with the film.
    and Hustlers is going drama.

That seems like category fraud for Marriage Story tbh.

What next, Joker being Comedy since Joker says his life is a comedy and he laughs a lot?

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Weathering With You, Parasite
    Best Animated Feature: Weathering With You
    Best International Film: Weathering With You, Parasite
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Do my forum games!

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/games-lets-play-games/72nd-oscars-runner-up-5-elimination-game-nominated-but-not-for-best-picture/

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/games-lets-play-games/81st-oscars-runner-up-5-elimination-game/

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

That seems like category fraud for Marriage Story tbh.

What next, Joker being Comedy since Joker says his life is a comedy and he laughs a lot?

Many people have found Marriage Story funny. We know half of the movies and performances that go Comedy/Musical aren’t really comedies. They just have a lighter tone.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.