Home Forums Movies Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 500 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
Lil Tony
I Don't Need ..
  • Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Update: I moved lopez back to supporting and put emma thompson in for late night. Very curious to see what happens with the comedy nominations at the globes. If US follows in the footsteps on Get out and goes comedy, then Luptia should easily get a nomination.

Hell, Lupita in comedy would be an easy win. She’s outstanding in the film, would have virtually no competition and it would be make-up to both Get Out and herself for being Globeless.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Lucy in the Sky is getting panned which means Best Actress is down to:

1) Scarlett Johansson- Marriage Story
    2) Renee Zellweger- Judy
    3) Charlize Theron- Bombshell
    4) Saoirse Ronan- Little Women

5) Cynthia Erivo- Harriet
    6) Awkwafina- The Farewell
    7) Alfree Woodard- Clemency

Long Shot
    8) Lupita Nyong’o- US

Everyone else is eliminated.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s no way they’re letting Us go comedy. I’ve literally never heard a single person call it a comedic film. In my opinion, Get Out is without a doubt a drama, but I understand why it went comedy since several people claimed they saw it as a comedy. No one’s saying that about Us.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

In my opinion, Get Out is without a doubt a drama, but I understand why it went comedy since several people claimed they saw it as a comedy.

Who? Klansmen?

BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

That seems like category fraud for Marriage Story tbh. What next, Joker being Comedy since Joker says his life is a comedy and he laughs a lot?

marriage story definitely had way more comedic moments than the farewell

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

The reactions for Lucy in the Sky are brutal, so I think we pretty much have our Top 5 locked down solid, unless A24 manages to miraculously resuscitate buzz for The Farewell, or Universal does the same for US. I have no faith in Neon’s ability to get Woodard into this category.

1: Scarlet Johansson

2: Renee Zellweger

3: Saoirse Ronan

4: Charlize Theron

5: Cynthia Erivo

miyatzu
    Participant
    Topics:

Lucy In The Sky getting mixed reviews but Natalie Portman getting raves at TIFF

“Lucy in the Sky features another impressive performance from Natalie Portman who plays an astronaut having an existential crisis. Noah Hawley brings his unique visual style to the project but the script is very messy and lacks an emotional punch”

“Lucy In The Sky was an intense cinematic experience with craziest visuals and an incredible and mesmerizing perfomance by Natalie Portman #TIFF19”

“LUCY IN THE SKY blasts off with originality. Shape-shifting aspect ratio makes it a must on the big screen, while Portman keeps this beyond-the-tabloids tale grounded. Won’t be for everyone but one of the films that’s most surprised me at TIFF”

miyatzu
    Participant
    Topics:

“Lucy in the Sky contains a scene where a frenzied Natalie Portman ravages a convenience store before purchasing a blonde wig and a combat knife in the same transaction and it might be the most significant 30 seconds of cinema in film history!!!!!!!”

Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

I know this might be unpopular, but I don’t think Theron is even a lock for a nomination at this point given how little we know about Bombshell.

I Don’t Need You
    Participant
    Topics:

Darling, I’m too lazy for that.

You’re old, I get it. Are you retiring after all?

RealLyre852
    Participant
    Topics:

The reactions for Lucy in the Sky are brutal, so I think we pretty much have our Top 5 locked down solid, unless A24 manages to miraculously resuscitate buzz for The Farewell, or Universal does the same for US. I have no faith in Neon’s ability to get Woodard into this category. 1: Scarlet Johansson 2: Renee Zellweger 3: Saoirse Ronan 4: Charlize Theron 5: Cynthia Erivo

why is Ervio a lock? Harriet’s reactions seem pretty muted

Foolio
    Participant
    Topics:

The reactions for Lucy in the Sky are brutal, so I think we pretty much have our Top 5 locked down solid, unless A24 manages to miraculously resuscitate buzz for The Farewell, or Universal does the same for US. I have no faith in Neon’s ability to get Woodard into this category.

1: Scarlet Johansson

2: Renee Zellweger

3: Saoirse Ronan

4: Charlize Theron

5: Cynthia Erivo

Erivo’s not getting in. The door is more and more widely open for Awkwafina.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Awkwafina isn’t ahead Erivo just because her movie got better reviews. Harriet isn’t exactly being panned, it’s reviews are comparable to last year’s best picture winner. People didn’t really love The Farewell because of Awkwafina, like I know people liked her, but she wasn’t what most people were highlighting about the movie. I also don’t think she’s taken seriously enough, Erivo is a respected Tony winning actress, who’s been a breakout of sorts in film these last two years. They’ll wanna put their stamp on her a lot more than Awkwafina. Then of course there’s the release date. The Farewell has almost no buzz anymore, I don’t think A24 can push it very far.

I Don’t Need You
    Participant
    Topics:

This is the first year in my awards following life that I want Streep to get a filler nod.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree that Erivo is more likely than Awkwafina.

Erivo has the role and Focus Features who is responsible for many contenders and its great at campaigning.

A24 is going to focus on Waves.
    Neon is going to focus on Parasite. While Focus doesn’t have any major contenders just Harriet, Downtown Abbey and Dark Waters.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 5 hours ago by  Victor Cruz.
    • This reply was modified 5 days, 5 hours ago by  Victor Cruz.
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.