Home Forums Movies Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 500 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
Lil Tony
I Don't Need ..
  • I Don’t Need You
    Participant
    Topics:

The buzz for Awkwafina will be back since she’s almost definitely winning the comedy globe(supposing Theron goes drama).

I bet Johansson goes comedy so she Emma Stone’s Renée.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

The buzz for Awkwafina will be back since she’s almost definitely winning the comedy globe(supposing Theron goes drama).

Johansson is going comedy or musical. Awkwafina isn’t winning that lol.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Here’s my daily spam/reminder that Florence Pugh should be sweeping up every award this season for Midsommar but we’re never going to get that because people are too basic.

methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

Natalie Portman is officially out Lucky in the Sky is getting negative reviews.

AmnistY21
    Participant
    Topics:

Here’s my daily spam/reminder that Florence Pugh should be sweeping up every award this season for Midsommar but we’re never going to get that because people are too basic.

Our girl deserved better.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like it’s important to wait for some of these movies to be released and watch how their reactions play out from the general public, box office and additional critics.

Cynthia Erivo might be underestimated right now because her film received mild reviews (most complaints being that her film goes the typical boring biopic route). But what if the box office becomes huge for Harriet? What if a narrative is promoted about the legend never having a movie about her until now and that everyone must go see it? What if Oprah gets involved??? Campaigning and advertising could go a long way… and if it does… the reviews won’t matter as much. Ask last year’s 4-time Oscar-winning biopic film Bohemian Rhapsody.

Harriet is not going to gross 700M WW lol Ervio’s personal reviews arent even that strong. Just let it go.

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

I bet Johansson goes comedy and she’ll Emma Stone Renée.

I feel like Judy would go comedy musical before marriage story does.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

A lot of black people are calling to #boycottHarriet on twitter. The fact that its target audience is calling for a Boycott means that it’ll flop massively.

I Don’t Need You
    Participant
    Topics:

A lot of black people are calling to #boycottHarriet on twitter. The fact that its target audience is calling for a Boycott means that it’ll flop massively.

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Harriet is not going to gross 700M WW lol Ervio’s personal reviews arent even that strong. Just let it go.

No and I never expected it to make THAT kind of money. But say the biopic ends up being a hit and makes about $40 to $50 mill at the Box Office. That’s enough for it to factor into the Oscar race in a big way.

I’m not going to “let it go” and neither should you. It’s early days in this race. I’m not saying Erivo is definitely going to be nominated, I’m just saying it’s too early to write her off for what is clearly an Oscar-bait role and not to ignore other factors that could effect the Oscar race. But clearly you already know who the 5 nominees will end up being somehow, so congrats to you and your crystal ball.

And just a reminder… Harriet is at 65 on Metacritic, Judy is at 66 and Bohemian Rhapsody ended up at a 49, so… anything can happen.

Edgar Pereira
    Participant
    Topics:

Our girl deserved better.

I have faith in her performance in LITTLE WOMEN. Early word is quite strong about her turn as Amy March and her great work in MIDSONMAR and FIGHTING WITH MY FAMILY will just boost her Oscar buzz 🙂

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

“Lucy in the Sky contains a scene where a frenzied Natalie Portman ravages a convenience store before purchasing a blonde wig and a combat knife in the same transaction and it might be the most significant 30 seconds of cinema in film history!!!!!!!

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

Lucy in the Sky debuting at a 32 on MC, even lower than Naomi Watt’s Diana.

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Man, Fox Searchlight really had a rough year. The only film that even has a chance of getting into Picture is A Hidden Life, and considering how little traction Malick’s films usually get that will probably just be a Cinamatography nominee.

CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

Here’s my daily spam/reminder that Florence Pugh should be sweeping up every award this season for Midsommar but we’re never going to get that because people are too basic.

This girl is the Kate Winslet of our generation. Ronan is going to be second on her type-list behind this girl.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.