Home Forums Movies Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 500 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
Lil Tony
I Don't Need ..
  • Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Lucy in the Sky debuting at a 32 on MC, even lower than Naomi Watt’s Diana.

Nikhil
    Participant
    Topics:

Man, Fox Searchlight really had a rough year. The only film that even has a chance of getting into Picture is A Hidden Life, and considering how little traction Malick’s films usually get that will probably just be a Cinamatography nominee.

Jojo still has a better shot at getting into picture than A Hidden Life. Malick needs overwhelming critical support to make waves, audiences will find his movies boring or confusing and it’ll leave them cold.

Nikhil
    Participant
    Topics:

^ I realize now my post has nothing to do with best actress. Idk why this was here and I am deeply ashamed

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

A lot of black people are calling to #boycottHarriet on twitter. The fact that its target audience is calling for a Boycott means that it’ll flop massively.

Why exactly are they boycotting Harriet?

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Who? Klansmen?

Not saying I agree with it. However, I’ve heard several people claim they saw it as a comedy, including users on this site.

Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

Wait why is everyone saying that Marriage Story is going comedy, has it been confirmed?

I Don’t Need You
    Participant
    Topics:

Wait why is everyone saying that Marriage Story is going comedy, has it been confirmed?

Well.. more and more people keep stating that Marriage Story features quite some humor and given how all Baumbach’s movies have gone comedy it could go down that route, especially since Joaquin and Renée are coming for a sweep and Netflix is too thirsty to risk any chances.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Lucy in the Sky debuting at a 32 on MC, even lower than Naomi Watt’s Diana.

LOL wow. Disney killed Fox Searchlight. Ford vs Ferrari is the only thing any part of Fox even has at this point and it’s MC score beginning to drop quickly. Now down to a 73.

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

You’re old, I get it. Are you retiring after all?

Darling, I’m retiring if Lena Headey loses her Emmy.

LENA HEADEY hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!
    If Lena Headey doesn't win the Emmy, I'm leaving GoldDerby forever.

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Why exactly are they boycotting Harriet?

I think because of some things Erivo said back in the day. It’s a very small minority, so I wouldn’t pay much attention to it.

I Don’t Need You
    Participant
    Topics:

Darling, I’m retiring if Lena Headey loses her Emmy.

So you’re retiring on September 22. Just 10 days away.. you better make the most of it.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I think because of some things Erivo said back in the day. It’s a very small minority, so I wouldn’t pay much attention to it.

Alright, makes sense. As Erivo gets more involved in the film industry, she’s probably gonna continuously piss people off. She’s already developed a bit of a reputation. The boycott probably won’t make a big dent in the box office. That being said, unless if something happens that gives Harriet a lot of good press, I don’t see it making a whole lot of money.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

LOL wow. Disney killed Fox Searchlight. Ford vs Ferrari is the only thing any part of Fox even has at this point and it’s MC score beginning to drop quickly. Now down to a 73.

I’m even surprised Ford vs Ferrari got rave reviews cos the trailer looked like a typical commercial flick

Taron Egerton (Rocketman) for best actor. Charlize Theron looks great in Bombshell teaser

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Robbie has the emotional part Theron has the transformative part showy doesn’t mean emotional.

you’re absolutely right. But award bodies love loud roles. They love transformations too…so Theron’s good. Robbie too. I love them both

Taron Egerton (Rocketman) for best actor. Charlize Theron looks great in Bombshell teaser

I Don’t Need You
    Participant
    Topics:

you’re absolutely right. But award bodies love loud roles. They love transformations too…so Theron’s good. Robbie too. I love them both

No matter how hard u try, Theron is probably not happening. Suffice to the nom.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.