Home Forums Movies Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 481 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
Lil Tony
Stegeo
  • TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Did I just read that Johansson isn’t as good as Driver and Dern? The best actress race just keeps falling more and more behind each day…

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Lmao what a mess I can’t. You guys are right, I put Lupita in my predictions. They need to campaign very little, like seriously, just to remind people and voters that Lupita exists in the race. She’s so easily happening.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

This is probably shaping up to be one of my least favorite lineups of the decade. I swear I’m going to drag A24 and Lawrence for years to come if they don’t hurry up with post-production and get that soldier film out to AFI and theaters this year. What an easy fifth nom it would be.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Foolio
    Participant
    Topics:

While I’m not happy about a weak Best Actress field, if that means a nomination for Nyong’o, I’m here for it. What a gigantic silver lining.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

If only Glenn, Gaga or Melissa were competing this year, because they would’ve won easily.

Thank goodness Gaga wasn’t competing this year then, I’m not sure I could have handled that.

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

https://awardswatch.com/toronto-review-the-aeronauts-is-well-crafted-with-a-winning-performance-by-felicity-jones/

Can’t wait for Felicity Jones to crash into this race out of nowhere

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Glenn or even Amy Adams could have won easily this year since there doesn’t seem to be any white woman with an unstoppable narrative or all-time best performance in a big movie

Theron and Zellweger already have an Oscar (and I don’t think there’s any urge to give either of them a 2nd one), Johansson is addicted to bad press and doesn’t seem to give a fuck, Ronan is starring in an umpteenth remake and the other women are POC. I don’t see what could have stopped Glenn or Amy had Woman in the Window been released this year like it was supposed to. Too bad for them

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Seven.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Seven.
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

If Adams couldn’t beat King she definitely wouldn’t have beaten Dern.

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Glenn or even Amy Adams could have won easily this year since there doesn’t seem to be any white woman with an unstoppable narrative or all-time best performance in a big movie

Theron and Zellweger already have an Oscar (and I don’t think there’s any urge to give either of them a 2nd one), Johansson is addicted to bad press and doesn’t seem to give a fuck, Ronan is starring in an umpteenth remake and the other women are POC. I don’t see what could have stopped Glenn or Amy had Woman in the Window been released this year like it was supposed to. Too bad for them

Especially Glenn. I don’t know why every category this woman competed in the past was always so goddamn competitive! Even her 2012 best actress category, despite all contenders except for Viola coming from mediocre films, still seem so stacked and competitive as hell that in my opinion either Glenn, or Rooney, or Michelle barely got in, not because they were average but all of them, along with Tilda Swinton were extraordinary in their films!

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

If Adams couldn’t beat King she definitely wouldn’t have beaten Dern.

Pretty sure that she’s the lead in WITW

Dern looks like a stronger contender in Supporting than any of the leading girls this year

Vicki Leekx
    Participant
    Topics:

The Woman in the Window flopped with test audiences, hence why it got shelved until 2020 in the hope of salvage. There’s not a chance Adams would have been the frontrunner this year.

FYC:

Antonio Banderas and Asier Etxeandia, Dolor y Gloria (Best Actor/Supporting Actor)
    Emily Beecham, Little Joe (Best Actress)
    Ian McKellen and Helen Mirren, The Good Liar (Best Actor/Actress)

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Thank goodness Gaga wasn’t competing this year then, I’m not sure I could have handled that.

as if we care.

FYC
    Best Actor :.
    Taron Egerton = Rocketman
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker
    Eddie Murphy = Dolemite is my Name

Best actress :
    Charlize Theron = Bombshell
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor
    Brad Pitt = Once upon a time in Hollywood

Supporting Actress =
    Margot Robbie = Any of her two performances.
    Dame Maggie Smith = Downton Abbey
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Pretty sure that she’s the lead in WITW

Oh, you meant for that? That movie will be Girl on the Train all over again, Adams isn’t getting nominated, much less winning for that. Whether it came out this year or 2020.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

as if we care.

Do I know you?

Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga wouldn’t even that bad of a winner. She would be better than Streep and Larson this decade.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Hoster1.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Hoster1.
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 481 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.