Home Forums Movies Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 478 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
Lil Tony
GregSprinkles
  • Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Do I know you?

lol. no. But don’t worry cos Gaga will surely get an acting Oscar in the future so you’ll find it difficult to handle

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Glenn Close would have swept this year. She has no luck.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

johansson’s baitiest moment was probably her long freewheeling monologue but that won’t read well in a clip, I thought she was great overall but comes to think of it she didn’t quite have a standout moment like dern and driver

Johansson is being hyped up just like JLO because pundits are celebrity obsessed. I’ve also heard from other people that she’s not that memorable.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Glenn Close would have swept this year. She has no luck.

horrible luck. Glenn has no luck. Bradley Cooper too. Anytime they both manage to do anything remotely baity, there’s usually someone bigger and better…a juggernaut

FYC:

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Harriet

Rotten Tomatoes: 67%
    MetaCritic: 64%

Awkwafina and Lupita must be celebrating right now.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

I mean, Judy is probably gonna have lower than that lol, so it’s not rly an issue, but still Erivo probably isn’t undeniable enough to overcome it like Renée.

The difference is that Zellweger saves her film with her performance while Erivo doesn’t.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

johansson’s baitiest moment was probably her long freewheeling monologue but that won’t read well in a clip, I thought she was great overall but comes to think of it she didn’t quite have a standout moment like dern and driver

Interesting… so the Black Widowed her.

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:
    • Zellweger, Judy
    • Johansson, Marriage Story
    • Ronan, Little Women
    • Awkwafina, The Farewell
    • Theron, Bombshell

Post-festival feeling is that Zellweger and Johansson are guaranteed, after that it’s sort of a free for all between a few others. Erivo, Nyong’o and Woodard could all take any of the bottom 3 spots. Ronan should be guaranteed unless Little Women bombs completely. Whilst there is potential for about 6 actresses to take up the 3 spots, it is quite surprising how few viable candidates there are at the minute.

Profile picture
    TheDreamingHead
    Topics:

Since this year’s actress races seem to go downhill more and more eachday, I will officially claim my support for my babes Sally Hawkins in best actress and Glenn Close in best supporting actress all the way throughout the next year. Mark my words!!!

Profile picture
    DrewN92
    Topics:

The difference is that Zellweger saves her film with her performance while Erivo doesn’t.

My Week with Marilyn vibes, except Judy going Drama which makes Zellweger more competitive for the win than William’s globe win in a less competitive field this year.

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

A kindly reminder if Eternal Beauty finds distributor in time she’s in it to win it:

Synopsis
    When Jane is dumped at the altar she has a breakdown and spirals into a chaotic world, where love (both real and imagined) and family relationships collide with both touching and humorous consequences.

She plays schizophrenic. That’s as baity as it can.

Blonde is flattering on her.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Alfre Woodard keeps popping up and while I would love for her to get a nom, Clemency is a late release distributed by NEON of all things. I don’t see it.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Harriet Rotten Tomatoes: 67% MetaCritic: 64% Awkwafina and Lupita must be celebrating right now.

I’m seeing 86% on Rotten Tomatoes

FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 478 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.