Home Forums Movies Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 478 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
Lil Tony
thatnerdgreg
  • lorelei lor
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m seeing 86% on Rotten Tomatoes

It’s 67% for me as well. Give it a Refresh.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s 67% for me as well. Give it a Refresh.

I just saw it now. No one expected a Harriet Tubman biopic to be that low rated. Lemmons shouldn’t have helmed this

Joker Deserves Everything.

Joaquin Phoenix is the Man

Cynthia Erivo should win best actress

Zooey the Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

1) Because people overhyped her before watching her performance, saying she’s a lock for a win

2) Because I didn’t think she was convincing on the trailer

She’s probably getting her EGOT sooner or later if she’s so thristy for that.

I can tell you why I don’t want her to win.

Desperate as she is, she’s one of these actors who might work on stage but simply don’t work in movies. Last year, she was the worst thing about Widows – she had no presence, she was pushing and pushing and trying to oversell her character but it was a hollow, overwrought performance. From the trailer alone, it’s the same here.

Damiansport1
    Participant
    Topics:

Lucy in the Sky is getting panned which means Best Actress is down to:

1) Scarlett Johansson- Marriage Story
    2) Renee Zellweger- Judy
    3) Charlize Theron- Bombshell
    4) Saoirse Ronan- Little Women

5) Cynthia Erivo- Harriet
    6) Awkwafina- The Farewell
    7) Alfree Woodard- Clemency

Long Shot
    8) Lupita Nyong’o- US

Everyone else is eliminated.

Add Felicity Jones (The Aeronauts) to this list. Movie is apparently meh but she has strong reviews. Won’t happen likely happen but she is in TOP9.

But yeah the category is weak. After those 9 i don’t know if anybody has any chance. I mean maybe Jodie Turner Smith will surprises in Queen and Slim.

Portman, Stewart, Blanchett, Moore, Thompson – big names but their movies are so weak, zero chance.

JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

Erivo will not be getting in for that Lifetime Channel Original movie. Da fuck!

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

lol. no. But don’t worry cos Gaga will surely get an acting Oscar in the future so you’ll find it difficult to handle

She has a well deserved dildo for “Shallow”, and she’ll die with just that.

#FreeTheBannedFour

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Just imagine this category if Bombshell and Little Women flop. lol I mean it is possible. People should pretend like Theron is a lock from a 30 second teaser. And Gerwig should be taken with caution. David O Russell can tell you tale of Joy when he was coming back from a late breaking hyped film after his American Hustle breakout.

Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

I can tell you why I don’t want her to win.

Desperate as she is, she’s one of these actors who might work on stage but simply don’t work in movies. Last year, she was the worst thing about Widows – she had no presence, she was pushing and pushing and trying to oversell her character but it was a hollow, overwrought performance. From the trailer alone, it’s the same here.

She was nomination worthy in Bad Times at the El Royale imo.

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, I’m glad that boring movie flopped. Erivo is literally nobody, so if her movie flops, she’s getting ignored. I’m very happy.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Participant
    Topics:

She was nomination worthy in Bad Times at the El Royale imo.

Darling, for a Razzie maybe. Her oversinging was truly annoying. I really wanted to kill myself.

JakeT
    Participant
    Topics:

Add Felicity Jones (The Aeronauts) to this list. Movie is apparently meh but she has strong reviews. Won’t happen likely happen but she is in TOP9. But yeah the category is weak. After those 9 i don’t know if anybody has any chance.<b> I mean maybe Jodie Turner Smith will surprises in Queen and Slim.</b> Portman, Stewart, Blanchett, Moore, Thompson – big names but their movies are so weak, zero chance.

I know very little about this movie other than synopsis and having seen the trailer (which I think looks solid); but I just finished watching her in Jett and she seems a really capable actress. Hadn’t seen any of her work prior to this.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  JakeT.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  JakeT.
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, Aeronaut Jones is only getting a nod for Best Achievement in Boredom and Irrelevance. And she isn’t even relevant enough to win that award.

PreludeinCSharpMinor
    Participant
    Topics:

Alfre Woodard keeps popping up and while I would love for her to get a nom, Clemency is a late release distributed by NEON of all things. I don’t see it.

It should happen. She will be the black lead actress not Ervo. All they have to do is send screeners to the SAG nomination committee and it is done deal. She will get critics awards.

wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

Is there a trailer for Clemency?

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

It should happen. She will be the black lead actress not Ervo. All they have to do is send screeners to the SAG nomination committee and it is done deal. She will get critics awards.

If anyone is the black contender getting support, it is Lupita. Unlike Cynthia Erivo, she’s likable, has way better raves, an acclaimed film that was a financial smash, and is already an Oscar winner. Unlike Alfre Woodard, she has a movie that is already seen and accessible.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 478 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.