( +10 hidden )
October 13, 2019 at 8:09 pm #1203135133
13) “So I just saw #Bombshell, and it was EXCELLENT, Charlize DELIVERS, but in a tiny tiny part Alanna Ubach damn near steals the movie as Jeanine Pirro.”
“Robbie was very very good and I think if the film gets a supporting actress nod it should be her (I’d prefer this over OUATIH.) She’d be on my personal ballot. I’d say contender for Theron (lead), Robbie (supporting), and screenplay for sure.”
– Alex Warheit
14) “#Bombshell, the movie, is very good, indeed. Charlize as @megynkelly
is scary dead on, but this movie BELONGS to Margot Robbie and Nicole Kidman’s monumental wig.” -JakobKolnessOctober 13, 2019 at 8:42 pm #1203135164
15) “Charlize Theron is uncanny as Megyn Kelly in Bombshell. It’s uncanny. I’m still awestruck. She and Margot Robbie are incredible. #Bombshell.” – GregoryEllwood.
Charlize Theron is about to take this all the way. I’ve been saying she’s the winner.
16) “Wow. @CharlizeAfrica
as Megan Kelly. Well, she just entered the Oscar race big time. #bombshell.” – Marc Malkin
17) “Good lord #Bombshell is fantastic — juicy, heartbreaking, funny and infuriating. It’s Charlize’s show, but Kidman, Robbie and Kate McKinnon all perfect.”- Matt DonnellyOctober 13, 2019 at 8:49 pm #1203135174
18) “Bombshell is a showcase for actors, starting with Charlize Theron and Margot Robbie. Incredible ensemble and a hard hitting subject. Funny, sharp, one of the best of the year.” -Sasha Stone
19) “Charlize Theron is remarkable as Megyn Kelly. She disappears into the part, owns the movie. The cast of characters are hilariously Fox. Like Game Change and Recount ish. #bombshell”- Sasha Stone
20) “BOMBSHELL will make a convincing case for the VICE slot in the Best Picture race. Everything here is double-underlined (when the dominoes start to fall for the Murdochs, we literally see a character flick a domino over) but it plays effectively.”-Kyle Buchanan
21) “All of ‘em all! They all BRING IT!! Noms for all!!
Let’s go get it ladies!!!” – JacQueen and lynn
22) “We knew that Charlize Theron nails Megan Kelly’s look in BOMBSHELL, but wait til you hear how she makes a meal of Megyn’s voice. It’s like evil ASMR!” Kyle BuchananOctober 13, 2019 at 8:52 pm #1203135178
I’ll wait for the Metascore but it’s looking good good for BombshellOctober 13, 2019 at 8:54 pm #1203135180
20) “Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman and Margot Robbie are total powerhouses in #Bombshell”October 13, 2019 at 8:58 pm #1203135185
23) “I did not expect BOMBSHELL to gut punch me the way it did. Maybe that was naive of me. So many moments that women will nod in recognition with, such an incisive portrait of the way you have to navigate predators with power.”- Janelle RileyOctober 13, 2019 at 9:00 pm #1203135189
21) “BOMBSHELL: Riveting, engrossing, essential & empowering procedural about the fall of Fox News topper Roger Ailes starts strong & gets more potent as it progresses. *Superb* performances from #CharlizeTheron #NicoleKidman & #MargotRobbie! #Bombshell is a terrific movie.” Scott MantzOctober 13, 2019 at 9:10 pm #1203135198
22) “Bombshell” is Theron’s film — her Megyn Kelly delivers the gravitas & carries the load. Kidman’s Carlson is a less vital character. Margot Robbie’s “Kayla Pospisil” has one nauseating scene in Ailes’ office, and two emotionally affecting followups. But she’s peripheral.- Wellswood.
23) “BOMBSHELL will make a convincing case for the VICE slot in the Best Picture race. Everything here is double-underlined (when the dominoes start to fall for the Murdochs, we literally see a character flick a domino over) but it plays effectively.”- Kyle Buchanan.
24) “The whole cast of BOMBSHELL is looking at noms – including Lithgow. As Charlize said in the Q&A, having someone as professional and respectful as Lithgow playing Ailes made them feel safe.”- JanelleRileyOctober 13, 2019 at 9:15 pm #1203135207
25) “Charlize Theron gives one of the greatest performances of her career in #BombshellMovie.” – Nicholas Verso.
26) “#BombshellMovie – I haven’t had my blood boiling in a movie for a while. It’s powerful, it’ll get you to your core and it’ll fire you the hell up.
The entire cast is incredible but Charlize disappears into the role of Megyn. That Oscar race just got more interesting.” – Piya Sinha RoyOctober 13, 2019 at 9:20 pm #1203135212
Theron and Robbie are getting great reactions. Haven’t seen much individual notice for Kidman though
And this looks like a very strong SAG Ensemble contender
Also when’s the official trailer dropping ? Those stares in the teaser are already iconic but I need to hear the girls speakOctober 13, 2019 at 9:21 pm #1203135216
“I kept joking during the Q&A, asking Charlize “Are you sure you’re in this movie?” It’s not just the physical transformation, she completely nails Megyn Kelly’s voice. In fact, she strained her vocal cords and couldn’t speak for three weeks.”- Janelle Riley.
“I think she can give Renée a run for her money. It’s still early.”- Janelle RileyOctober 13, 2019 at 9:57 pm #1203135234
Finally some real tea. Interesting comp to Vice. That did have 2 acting noms and Bale woulda been competitive for win if not for Malek.October 13, 2019 at 10:16 pm #1203135242
Lol, what does Dern not exist all of a sudden?
Yeah that’s ridiculous. When reactions for a film first come out it’s easy to get swept up in all the positives and declare someone the new frontrunner. For instance, many people (myself included) thought it looked like Scarlett Johansson was gonna be the one to beat when Marriage Story’s reviews came out, but now she looks more and more like a nominee rather than a winner every day. Theron and Robbie are clearly in a much better position now than they were before, but let’s wait to see where things really fall when the first reactions settle down. I still believe Zellweger and Dern will be our actress winners.October 13, 2019 at 10:17 pm #1203135244
Lol, what does Dern not exist all of a sudden?
That’s not what I meant. I meant “they are winning with these reactions” as in winning the game or whatever. I’ll edit the comment
I’m still rooting for Dern and she’s my predicted winner until proven otherwise
The topic ‘Best Actress for 2020 Oscars (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.