Home Forums Movies Best Actress for 2020 Oscars (Part 5)

Best Actress for 2020 Oscars (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 438 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +62 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
teri
Seven
  • Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Well I checked Twitter and these reactions are legit. But these audience can be any of the actress’s stans or easy to be comforted. We just need more time for subjective critics’ reviews. Any way it’s a great start and so happy for Theron!!!!

They’re all mostly Sag members and industry people. Their opinion matters more than critics. Ultimately it’s them making the decision.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Povezana slika

LOL!!
    Iv e missed this place.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

This race is finally ramping up with Theron to add to the competitive list! Hoping for Ronan to pull through and we are having a legit race with Awkwafina, Zellweger, Johansson, Theron and Ronan!

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Slikovni rezultat za lupita US gif

Lupita would be a great alternative of either Awkwafina or Ronan!

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

MORE REACTIONS

13) “So I just saw #Bombshell, and it was EXCELLENT, Charlize DELIVERS, but in a tiny tiny part Alanna Ubach damn near steals the movie as Jeanine Pirro.”
    “Robbie was very very good and I think if the film gets a supporting actress nod it should be her (I’d prefer this over OUATIH.) She’d be on my personal ballot. I’d say contender for Theron (lead), Robbie (supporting), and screenplay for sure.”

– Alex Warheit

14) “#Bombshell, the movie, is very good, indeed. Charlize as @megynkelly
    is scary dead on, but this movie BELONGS to Margot Robbie and Nicole Kidman’s monumental wig.” -JakobKolness

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

15) “Charlize Theron is uncanny as Megyn Kelly in Bombshell. It’s uncanny. I’m still awestruck. She and Margot Robbie are incredible. #Bombshell.” – GregoryEllwood.

Charlize Theron is about to take this all the way. I’ve been saying she’s the winner.

16) “Wow. @CharlizeAfrica
    as Megan Kelly. Well, she just entered the Oscar race big time. #bombshell.” – Marc Malkin

17) “Good lord #Bombshell is fantastic — juicy, heartbreaking, funny and infuriating. It’s Charlize’s show, but Kidman, Robbie and Kate McKinnon all perfect.”- Matt Donnelly

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

18) “Bombshell is a showcase for actors, starting with Charlize Theron and Margot Robbie. Incredible ensemble and a hard hitting subject. Funny, sharp, one of the best of the year.” -Sasha Stone

19) “Charlize Theron is remarkable as Megyn Kelly. She disappears into the part, owns the movie. The cast of characters are hilariously Fox. Like Game Change and Recount ish. #bombshell”- Sasha Stone

20) “BOMBSHELL will make a convincing case for the VICE slot in the Best Picture race. Everything here is double-underlined (when the dominoes start to fall for the Murdochs, we literally see a character flick a domino over) but it plays effectively.”-Kyle Buchanan

21) “All of ‘em all! They all BRING IT!! Noms for all!!

Charlize
    Margot
    Nicole

Let’s go get it ladies!!!” – JacQueen and lynn

22) “We knew that Charlize Theron nails Megan Kelly’s look in BOMBSHELL, but wait til you hear how she makes a meal of Megyn’s voice. It’s like evil ASMR!” Kyle Buchanan

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll wait for the Metascore but it’s looking good good for Bombshell

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

20) “Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman and Margot Robbie are total powerhouses in #Bombshell”

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

23) “I did not expect BOMBSHELL to gut punch me the way it did. Maybe that was naive of me. So many moments that women will nod in recognition with, such an incisive portrait of the way you have to navigate predators with power.”- Janelle Riley

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

21) “BOMBSHELL: Riveting, engrossing, essential & empowering procedural about the fall of Fox News topper Roger Ailes starts strong & gets more potent as it progresses. *Superb* performances from #CharlizeTheron #NicoleKidman & #MargotRobbie! #Bombshell is a terrific movie.” Scott Mantz

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

22) “Bombshell” is Theron’s film — her Megyn Kelly delivers the gravitas & carries the load. Kidman’s Carlson is a less vital character. Margot Robbie’s “Kayla Pospisil” has one nauseating scene in Ailes’ office, and two emotionally affecting followups. But she’s peripheral.- Wellswood.

23) “BOMBSHELL will make a convincing case for the VICE slot in the Best Picture race. Everything here is double-underlined (when the dominoes start to fall for the Murdochs, we literally see a character flick a domino over) but it plays effectively.”- Kyle Buchanan.

24) “The whole cast of BOMBSHELL is looking at noms – including Lithgow. As Charlize said in the Q&A, having someone as professional and respectful as Lithgow playing Ailes made them feel safe.”- JanelleRiley

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

25) “Charlize Theron gives one of the greatest performances of her career in #BombshellMovie.” – Nicholas Verso.

26) “#BombshellMovie – I haven’t had my blood boiling in a movie for a while. It’s powerful, it’ll get you to your core and it’ll fire you the hell up.

The entire cast is incredible but Charlize disappears into the role of Megyn. That Oscar race just got more interesting.” – Piya Sinha Roy

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Theron and Robbie are getting great reactions. Haven’t seen much individual notice for Kidman though

And this looks like a very strong SAG Ensemble contender

Also when’s the official trailer dropping ? Those stares in the teaser are already iconic but I need to hear the girls speak

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Seven.
    Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

“I kept joking during the Q&A, asking Charlize “Are you sure you’re in this movie?” It’s not just the physical transformation, she completely nails Megyn Kelly’s voice. In fact, she strained her vocal cords and couldn’t speak for three weeks.”- Janelle Riley.

“I think she can give Renée a run for her money. It’s still early.”- Janelle Riley

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 438 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress for 2020 Oscars (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.