Home Forums Movies Best Actress for 2020 Oscars (Part 5)

Best Actress for 2020 Oscars (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 427 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
( +10 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
teri
Seven
  • Profile picture
    kellis
    Topics:

Theron and Robbie getting the praise they deserve *whew*. Those 100/1 predictions are looking great. Now excuse me while I continue to stan.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

Yeah that’s ridiculous. When reactions for a film first come out it’s easy to get swept up in all the positives and declare someone the new frontrunner. For instance, many people (myself included) thought it looked like Scarlett Johansson was gonna be the one to beat when Marriage Story’s reviews came out, but now she looks more and more like a nominee rather than a winner every day. Theron and Robbie are clearly in a much better position now than they were before, but let’s wait to see where things really fall when the first reactions settle down. I still believe Zellweger and Dern will be our actress winners.

Dern will most likely win as she should, I’m not saying otherwise

Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Topics:

I saw your other comment clearing things up, so no problem. Just a minor misunderstanding.

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

But she is getting the 2nd nom. One step closer to an eventual win

Profile picture
    Pulp
    Topics:

Lol

That’s not what I meant. I meant “they are winning with these reactions” as in winning the game or whatever. I’ll edit the comment

I’m still rooting for Dern and she’s my predicted winner until proven otherwise

Ah I see, thanks for clarifying. I love Robbie and hope she wins an Oscar one day, but she can seriously just fuck right off with trying to get in the way of Dern’s win.

#FreeTheBannedFour

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Yeah that’s ridiculous. When reactions for a film first come out it’s easy to get swept up in all the positives and declare someone the new frontrunner. For instance, many people (myself included) thought it looked like Scarlett Johansson was gonna be the one to beat when Marriage Story’s reviews came out, but now she looks more and more like a nominee rather than a winner every day. Theron and Robbie are clearly in a much better position now than they were before, but let’s wait to see where things really fall when the first reactions settle down. I still believe Zellweger and Dern will be our actress winners.

Remember all the people who are raving about Theron and Robbie have already seen Marriage Story and Judy, and Consider both Theron and Robbie competitive for the win. Also Theron and Robbie got the studio and box Office to back up a win. Netflix and Roadside have never won an acting award at the Oscars. Netflix has The Irishman as their number one while Lionsgate only has Bombshell as their awards film. All of this makes a different.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

People overreact to first reactions anyway but Bombshell always looked like SAG BAIT.

Profile picture
    Tom O'Neil
    Topics:

I just saw Bombshell at the big LA Q&A. Terrific film. Yeah, Charlize looks and sounds sooo EXACTLY like Megyn Kelly on screen that it’s creepy. But more than that she gives the role real depth and heart. I just moved her up to second place in my predix behind Renee. Charlize is a real player in this race. I had a great chat with Sasha Stone afterwards and she agrees. Forget Nicole. She’s very good, but the movie belongs to Charlize and Margot. As for Margot, well, she’s great, but two industry folks I spoke with after seeing Bombshell said they think “Hollywood” is her better kudos shot in that supporting race. Personally, I don’t know …

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

Margot doesn’t have a single meaty scene in OUATIH, how are people still hyping it ? Idgi

She’s a symbol. The performance itself is nothing

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

Srry but never underestimate Theron and this movie again. So many people jumped down my throat ab the Theron-stanning. I knew she’d get the reviews because she’s always great. She is smart and uber talented.

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

Srry but never underestimate Theron and this movie again. So many people jumped down my throat ab the Theron-stanning. I knew she’d get the reviews because she’s always great. She is smart and uber talented.

These rumors about the movie being bad and Charlize being overshadowed… lol

The people who were refusing to predict Theron are looking hella bad right now.

Profile picture
    Tom O'Neil
    Topics:

Margot doesn’t have a single meaty scene in OUATIH, how are people still hyping it ? Idgi She’s a symbol. The performance itself is nothing

You’re overblowing your point, but, yeah, you’re kinda right, of course. By contrast, Margot gives a real PERFORMANCE in Bombshell. She even gets an overlooooooong crying scene near the end, but she plays a barbie doll character, that’s the prob

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

is Dern that good or you guys want her to get a career award? It’s looking like a Glenn Close case with a younger actress this time

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

Can be tough to look as beautiful as Barbie in a work environment like that…

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 427 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress for 2020 Oscars (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.