Home Forums Movies Best Actress for 2020 Oscars (Part 5)

Best Actress for 2020 Oscars (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 427 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +10 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
teri
Seven
  • Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Pacino is playing a real life person

He’s not winning. It’s Pitts race.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

I don’t know how people keep saying this with certaininty and are being so dismissive of Johansson. Johansson’s presence in a top best picture contender makes her a huge threat to win. There is enourmous precedence for this. This is especially true given her competition is Zellweger (Judy will not be a BP nom) or Theron (Bombshell may be a nominee). I’d say she’s the definite frontrunner and will stay that way unless Zellweger starts sweeping like Julianne Moore or Cate Blanchett. But remember those scenarios are rare and for every one of those we have a Glenn Close or Natalie Portman who get stood up by the bigger movie.

They’re committed fanboys of her competition. It’s incidental whether they’ve seen MS or no.
    Of course, those who have and didn’t care for her perf is another matter.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

I feel like the Bombshell trailer showed more of Robbie than Theron. I don’t think it marketed Theron as lead. Looking like a big ensemble. But Theron looked so good. Robbie and Kidman too

I think this is because Robbie’s character is being introduced to the office, as we are as viewers, so it makes sense to feature her moments in a trailer.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

I don’t know how people keep saying this with certaininty and are being so dismissive of Johansson. Johansson’s presence in a top best picture contender makes her a huge threat to win. There is enourmous precedence for this. This is especially true given her competition is Zellweger (Judy will not be a BP nom) or Theron (Bombshell may be a nominee). I’d say she’s the definite frontrunner and will stay that way unless Zellweger starts sweeping like Julianne Moore or Cate Blanchett. But remember those scenarios are rare and for every one of those we have a Glenn Close or Natalie Portman who get stood up by the bigger movie.

Johansson has a tough path. Outside from not having a showy performance, Driver is more likely to take it or Dern. She’s #3 priority for Netflix in acting.

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

She’s simply not as talented. I wish I could help people see this without sounding patronizing.

Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

She’s simply not as talented. I wish I could help people see this without sounding patronizing.

Uh oh darlings, the art police is here.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

She saids she’ll be a good tree so maybe she has it in her.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

I wouldn’t mind seeing you try…

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I really don’t think Charlize is going to make it…………..

Theron is more of a lock than Johansson whose hype seems to have died down. Like another poster said earlier, this is her best shot at a nomination since after North Country.
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>I have a feeling Johansson might be an Emily Blunt victim this coming year but I hope I’m wrong because she’s long overdue. She’s been deserving of nominations at least three times in the past. Just that Marriage Story doesn’t sound serious to me and the Academy seems to not be caring about overdue factors lately. She can still coattail her way to a nomination though since Driver and Dern seem like they’re locked for nominations in their categories. It’ll seem like a travesty to leave out Johansson</p>

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

who? Johansson or Zellweger?

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

who? Johansson or Zellweger?

Johansson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JdCRyUciTQ

Caught in playing the emotion, instead of the action and going for the objective. Swaying.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    No
    Topics:

Outside from not having a showy performance, Driver is more likely to take it or Dern. She’s #3 priority for Netflix in acting.

Again, baseless statement. She has received just as much praise as Adam Driver and a LOT more that Laura Dern.

Banned for making a fake movie poster

Profile picture
    No
    Topics:

Johansson. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JdCRyUciTQ Caught in playing the emotion, instead of the action and going for the objective. Swaying.

Didnt she win a Tony for this? Pretty bad example.

Banned for making a fake movie poster

Profile picture
    Luis Jose Martinez Millan
    Topics:

Scarlett is a fantastic actress. Match Point and her are still her best work.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 427 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress for 2020 Oscars (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.