Home Forums Movies Best Actress for 2020 Oscars (Part 5)

Best Actress for 2020 Oscars (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 437 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
teri
Seven
  • TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

If Zell wins Globe she’s sweeping. This is the 100th time I’m saying it but Judy is also a British production which definitely helps her. The only way she loses Oscar is if someone else miraculously wins SAG.

Then she must be goddamn lucky because she will have won individual SAG 3 times and GG 4 times in film side in a span of 20 years, and not just 20 years of the peak of her career but 20 years of career establishment, peak, about 10 years of retirement and comeback. That’s one hell of an accomplishment for an actress not named Meryl Streep!

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s with the confidence in the Globes going for Renée over Johansson?

#FreeTheBannedFour

Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

Theron getting a makeup BAFTA just doesn’t seem likely unless she’s sweeping, the same argument was applied with Christian Bale last year and he still lost it. Unless you’re a strong European favorite like Olivia Colman, Rachel Weisz, or Emmanuelle Riva, they’re likely going to choose the performance with the most momentum towards sweeping at that point even if it means rewarding ScarJo or Renée again. They’ve turned into sheep, basically

FYC: Mary Kay Place in Diane

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Theron is more likely to win SAG if Bombshell gets a SAG Ensemble.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Then she must be goddamn lucky because she will have won individual SAG 3 times and GG 4 times in film side in a span of 20 years, and not just 20 years of the peak of her career but 20 years of career establishment, peak, about 10 years of retirement and comeback. That’s one hell of an accomplishment for an actress not named Meryl Streep!

This is why I’m reluctant to predict Zellweger. 3 SAG wins. I doubt it. BAFTA is more likely because its a british production. but I have a feeling shes not winning SAG.

JakeT
    Participant
    Topics:

This is hypothetical on a few levels and I’m probably playing devils advocate, but if we say Theron and Zellweger become the frontrunners (assuming Bombshell has great reviews, mostly aimed at Theron) – who takes it? Both previous winners, both well liked (as far as I know), with relatively few  overall nominations for a second award.

JakeT
    Participant
    Topics:

One of the biggest movie of the year 😭. I wonder how many will care about MS.

MS is on Netflix- people are going to care. I’m tired of this argument. It obviously isn’t matching Joker on BO. That doesn’t mean nobody is interested in seeing it. It’s going to be one of the most acclaimed movies of the year accessible to everybody with a subscription. It will be seen!.svg” class=”emoji”

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

This is hypothetical on a few levels and I’m probably playing devils advocate, but if we say Theron and Zellweger become the frontrunners (assuming Bombshell has great reviews, mostly aimed at Theron) – who takes it? Both previous winners, both well liked (as far as I know), with relatively few overall nominations for a second award.

Zellweger disappeared for 10 years while Theron is at her prime this decade.

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s with the confidence in the Globes going for Renée over Johansson?

Several Globe members on Twitter have gushed over Renee Zellweger’s performance (including tea from Ana Maria Bahiana). Plus, it’s the exact type of performance that the Globes wouldn’t be able to resist anyways even if she is the sole nod for Judy.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Zellweger’s horrible decade could work in her favour.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

madeline
    Participant
    Topics:

If Zell wins Globe she’s sweeping. This is the 100th time I’m saying it but Judy is also a British production which definitely helps her at BAFTA. The only way she loses Oscar is if someone else miraculously wins SAG.

Also, Judy opening weekend in the UK was 2.6M. Another reason she has BAFTA too easily given her competition.

People are yet to understand that having an undeniable performance is what matters the most. And Zelly has the performance above all things, a powerhouse performance people still can’t stop raving about. HFPA members declared their unanimous praise on Twitter too.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Lionsgate officially launched Bombshell as their only awards contender this year. Coming for all or nothing. Industry screenings start November 2nd. https://lionsgateawards.com/

wish they could give Farming some push. Maybe Adewale could win outstanding debut at the BAFTAs. Kate Beckinsale even looks good in the trailer

FYC
    Best Actor :.
    Taron Egerton = Rocketman
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker
    Eddie Murphy = Dolemite is my Name

Best actress :
    Charlize Theron = Bombshell
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor
    Brad Pitt = Once upon a time in Hollywood

Supporting Actress =
    Margot Robbie = Any of her two performances.
    Dame Maggie Smith = Downton Abbey
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Bombshell going comedy at Globes is big red flag for me. We’ll see how it shakes out but I think those declaring her a lock are getting ahead of themselves.

The fact that Lionsgate has made this there only awards contender is telling. They could’ve also pushed Knives out, but didn’t.

Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, Wrinkled Zellweger was gone for a decade and nobody missed her. Her movie hasn’t received acclaim and has been far from a box office success. She already has an Oscar. If First Lady Portman couldn’t do it (she was far better than Renée) neither will Zellweger. It’s impossible that she wins over stars like Johansson (who has the movie, the reviews and everybody will see it) or Theron. You need to wake up.

JakeT
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, Judy opening weekend in the UK was 2.6M. Another reason she has BAFTA too easily given her competition. People are yet to understand that having an undeniable performance is what matters the most. And Zelly has the performance above all things, a powerhouse performance people still can’t stop raving about. HFPA members declared their unanimous praise on Twitter too.

I think most people here understand this well enough. But it doesn’t mean Z has it without contest, as some users here suggest.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 437 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress for 2020 Oscars (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.