Home Forums Movies Best Actress for 2020 Oscars (Part 5)

Best Actress for 2020 Oscars (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 438 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +62 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
teri
Seven
  • JakeT
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, Judy opening weekend in the UK was 2.6M. Another reason she has BAFTA too easily given her competition. People are yet to understand that having an undeniable performance is what matters the most. And Zelly has the performance above all things, a powerhouse performance people still can’t stop raving about. HFPA members declared their unanimous praise on Twitter too.

I think most people here understand this well enough. But it doesn’t mean Z has it without contest, as some users here suggest.

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

If Zell wins Globe she’s sweeping. This is the 100th time I’m saying it but Judy is also a British production which definitely helps her at BAFTA. The only way she loses Oscar is if someone else miraculously wins SAG.

I’m not completely sold on a SAG win (same for Theron)

They’re statistically poised to lose, even if McDormand already broke the repeat win barrier. Stats are meant to be broken but still

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Seven.
    Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not completely sold on a SAG win (same for Theron)

They’re statistically poised to lose, even if McDormand already broke the repeat win barrier. Stats are meant to be broken but still

Remember SAG is SAGAFTRA. AFTRA could vote for Theron since she’s playing a fellow Journalist.

Pablo J Garcia
    Participant
    Topics:

The Real Judy lost when she was a frontrunner 1954, 1961… I can see the film Judy lost again now. I think it will be quite painful that you dont reward the real one and you do with a fake one.

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

The Real Judy lost when she was a frontrunner 1954, 1961… I can see the film Judy lost again now. I think it will be quite painful that you dont reward the real one and you do with a fake one.

I’m reaching here but that could ironically help Renee’s narrative. The real Judy never won the dildo so let’s give it to her portrayal so she gets an Oscar “to her name”

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Remember SAG is SAGAFTRA. AFTRA could vote for Theron since she’s playing a fellow Journalist.

That’s ridiculous. By the same logic, Zellweger could win just because she’s playing an actress.

MMartin
    Participant
    Topics:

I saw Judy today. Zellweger is the best performance I have seen male or female this year so far, she elevates the film (which I thought overall was still a really good piece of work), and would be more than deserving of a Oscar win. She perfectly captures Judy Garland’s pain and addiction, as well as her tenderness as a mother, the closet scene is a fantastic piece of acting.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

People are yet to understand that having an undeniable performance is what matters the most. And Zelly has the performance above all things, a powerhouse performance people still can’t stop raving about.

I really can’t believe y’all consider this an undeniable performance. I doubt she ends up in my personal best actress lineup at all by the time I’ve seen everything. She’s really starting to feel like the most overrated performance of the year to me.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I really can’t believe y’all consider this an undeniable performance. I doubt she ends up in my personal best actress lineup at all by the time I’ve seen everything. She’s really starting to feel like the most overrated performance of the year to me.

a performance full of squints. That’s what I got from it.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

She always squints. Usually she’s an adorable squinter.

What worries me is the tone of the film. I’ll see it of course for Renee, but I’m not looking forward to seeing the sad end of a legendary icon.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

She always squints. Usually she’s an adorable squinter.

What worries me is the tone of the film. I’ll see it of course for Renee, but I’m not looking forward to seeing the sad end of a legendary icon.

I didn’t think it was nearly as sad as it probably should have been.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I didn’t think it was nearly as sad as it probably should have been.

Thank you pulp, I think.
    I get what you’re saying.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyone who is predicting anyone who isn’t Renee Zellweger and maybe Scarlet Johansson is just mentally ill.

LOL!!

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Ditto, other than Jennifer Lopez. She plays Judy as expected and it’s not even her best.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 438 total)

The topic ‘Best Actress for 2020 Oscars (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.