Home Forums Movies Best Original Song 2015 (Vote now in Predictions Center)

Best Original Song 2015 (Vote now in Predictions Center)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 155 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Kyle Bailey
Manuel Colon
24Emmy
  • Etchie
    Topics:

As posted on the Ricki and the Flash thread:

Preview of the original song “Cold One”:  

Sounds like “I’m Checkin’ Out” which Streep did for Postcards from the Edge that was nominated for Best Original Song (1990).

“Cold One” may have the same outcome and hopefully Streep will perform this this time around @ the Oscars with The Flash band

ReplyCopy URL
    Noe
    Participant
    Topics:

So far, my favorite film song this year is “No Puedo Parar” from a mexican film, Las Oscuras Primaveras (The Obscure Spring) – which also I recommend you to watch if you had the chance.

You can listen the song here: youtu.be/Eg4EpiWy4p0

ReplyCopy URL
    Trevor
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t seen The Last Five Years yet but did that have any original songs? 

No original songs from The Last Five Years. All from the Off-Broadway show.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

I actually just watched it today! I bet they could have added a couple it seemed very short for a musical at 90 minutes 

ReplyCopy URL
    ProfessorChaos
    Participant
    Topics:

Is “Earned It” from 50 Shades eligible? That strikes me as the strongest contender so far this year

ReplyCopy URL
    seabel
    Participant
    Topics:

FYC: “Bing Bong Theme” from Inside Out.

Because why not? 

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Renard Bansale
    Topics:

My immediate candidate for this Oscar is the Beach Boys-esque “Feels Like Summer” from SHAUN THE SHEEP MOVIE.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Etchie
    Topics:

Nathaniel R of The Film Experience made an EXCELLENT argument in support for Best Original Song – Cold One, to quote:

Plus the Original Song “Cold One” is the kind of contender they should be honoring if they’re going to keep that Original Song category. It’s an important moment in the film, it’s a good song, and it is played in full. And it plays again over the main credits to underline how tied it is to the actual movie. It’s not just an afterthought.

ReplyCopy URL
    seabel
    Participant
    Topics:

Etchie, you’re a troll. I can’t deal with it anymore. 

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Cold One is actually pretty good. I would like to see it get nominated. But of course it all depends on what else comes out 

ReplyCopy URL
    Noe
    Participant
    Topics:

I know had close to zero chances but “You Work for Me” by Laura Mvula for The Man from U.N.C.L.E. is the finest. Sure gonna be in contention for my personal awards. *

Laura Mvula – “You Work for Me”

Also the whole soundtrack is as good.

*and probably will give a run for its money to the next Bond theme song, depending on the artist choice for Spectre – hard to beat Mvula with a mediocre Ellie Goulding or Sam Smith or same caliber blandness pick.

ReplyCopy URL
    Wixson
    Participant
    Topics:

‘Till It Happens To You’ from ‘The Hunting Ground.’  It’s a haunting power-ballad with a strong theme, written for a critically acclaimed documentary by seven-time Academy Award nominee Diane Warren and Lady Gaga, who has 6 months ago turned a tribute performance into the most talked-about moment of the Oscars. I can definitely see it happening.

ReplyCopy URL
    Billie_Dawn
    Participant
    Topics:

My immediate candidate for this Oscar is the Beach Boys-esque “Feels Like Summer” from SHAUN THE SHEEP MOVIE.

Absolutely. This is my favorite original song so far this year. I know the movie didn’t make much of an impact here in the U.S., but I’m hoping that animation and song nominations aren’t too much to ask for.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 155 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.