Home Forums Movies Best Original Song (2018 Oscars)

Best Original Song (2018 Oscars)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
TheRedBoy
Jeffrey Kare
Guest2014
  • Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

Seriously? Why are none of you talking about ‘Remember Me’ from Coco? I think it’s a song we should all definitely keep an eye out for… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsx0pvgls4E

because everybody is tired of Disney dominating Original song and Animated Feature almost every time they put out something. Also Sufjan is overdue for some industry awards TBH

ReplyCopy URL
    Alex Meyer
    Participant
    Topics:

Disney has a good formula that works. Hell, my favorite Oscar-winning song of all time is from Disney!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

Add Remember Me to this!

ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Glad this got bumped so I can yet again complain about the lack of THE PURE AND THE DAMNED in the predictions center. And looking at the first and second pages, I’m also happy to notice that I’m not alone in noticing that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Noah Arlington
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t see how “Mystery of Love” is a long shot. Heck, I think “Visions of Gideon” might get in there as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

“Visions of Gideon” might suffer from a minimal quantity of lyrics in comparison to other songs in contention, but it’s emotional impact in the film is tremendous, a little like “Audition” from La La Land last year. “Mystery of Love” has poetic lyrics in abundance but is cut short before the end in the finished film. It’ll be very interesting to see how things pan out with these two songs in terms of nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    KarlVillalobos
    Participant
    Topics:

I would love to see The Star!

ReplyCopy URL
    Cinephile
    Participant
    Topics:

I think it’s down to remember me and mystery of love at the moment. However, it depends on how well the greatest showman performs, that will inform if their original songs become more competitive.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tom
    Participant
    Topics:

Some new songs added to the master list. A song from Film Stars Don’t Die In Liverpool, Cars 3, City of Ghosts, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and another from The LEGO Batman Movie.

ReplyCopy URL
    LaChienne
    Participant
    Topics:

Mystery of Love and Visions of Gideon are equally strong contenders in my fantasy land (fan of Sufjan for years) but I’m only predicting the former. I would love to see both nominated but I don’t see them having enough appeal for a nomination.

Not sold on The Pure and the Damned though, I have a feeling another gratuitous snub on the level of Drive Like You Stole It is coming for the category.

ReplyCopy URL
    WildforFilm
    Participant
    Topics:

Still rooting for a Beauty and the Beast song to win this category!

ReplyCopy URL
    Jeffrey Kare
    Participant
    Topics:

I doubt that will happen because some Academy members may feel “been there, done that”.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew D
    Participant
    Topics:

Just saw Coco and its gonna win this for sure … Remember me is FANTASTIC

Andrewsart.etsy.com

Check out my online store 🙂

ReplyCopy URL

If Netflix sneaks their $90 million budget Bright starring Will Smith next month into a few theatres with its streaming release, they have the collaboration “Home” (video) by Machine Gun Kelly, X Ambassadors and Bebe Rexha. At the very least, it will be eligible for the equivalent Grammy category next year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Arjun Unnikrishnan
    Participant
    Topics:

I would love to see The Star!

Yeah, that’s not happening. A tepid song from an inconsequential movie performed by a washed up star with very little buzz does not amount to an Oscar. Mariah doesn’t have the same respect, particularly with the Oscars, as someone like Celine Dion, who has already performed 2 iconic Oscar winners and has 2 other Oscar nominated songs, and has performed a total 6 times at the ceremony, the most of any singer.

Call Me By Your Name and Beauty and the Beast are certain nominees. The thing with BatB is whether Evermore or HDAMLF gets nominated. On one hand, Evermore is the bigger song, but the pedigree Celine Dion brings, and the nostalgia factor, can be a huge pull for that song. Besides, someone like Celine performing would be great.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.