Home Forums Movies Best Supporting Actor 2019 Predictions (Part 2)

Best Supporting Actor 2019 Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 94 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
10 hours ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
Andrew D
Diet Teridax
  • Hinrich689
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Sam Elliott was better than Adam Driver tbh. Elliott showed so much range in a few scenes, while Driver was just… doing what his role was supposed to do.

John David Washington outshone Driver.

ReplyCopy URL
    stephs919
    Participant
    Topics:

Driver is a lock. But keep underestimating him.

ReplyCopy URL
    KAZ-2.5
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll only worry about Elliot if he misses SAG. The Globes nominated Aaron Taylor Johnson for best supporting actor and gave him the award and then the Oscars snubbed him. And Ali won as predicted by most. Ali was nominated for a Globe, I know.

ReplyCopy URL
    Vincent Yeoh
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Sam Elliott was better than Adam Driver tbh. Elliott showed so much range in a few scenes, while Driver was just… doing what his role was supposed to do.

I like Driver but I wasn’t wowed by him in Blackkklansman.
    Elliott is a veteran who managed to emote a little in ASIB, I don’t mind him nominated but he is not going to take away the Oscars from either Ali or Chalamet.

ReplyCopy URL
    Palmboom
    Participant
    Topics:

I think after the Globes, Ali, Grant and Chalamet are locks. I was a tad hesitant about Grant, but almost everyone I hear about Can You Ever Forgive Me is very excited about him, even more so than they are about McCarthy.

I agree about Elliot. I need to see some more support from the Actor’s branch before I’m sure about putting him in there.

I was surprised Rockwell and Driver got in. I’m not yet sure who will take the fifth slot, but as of now I don’t see them both beating Elliot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

I still think Elliot is getting in. He’ll definitely be on the list of 6 for Critics Choice and is likely getting in at SAG. He’ll be fine.

ReplyCopy URL
    DrewN92
    Participant
    Topics:

After seeing Green Book, I have to say that I’m not fully behind Mahershala being the front runner (at least right now) for this category. I fully supported him for Moonlight but I really feel he is co-lead in Green Book.

Despite  the category placement, I think he deserves a nomination for sure. His performance was nuanced and powerful but I don’t know about a 2nd win at this point, especially so soon.

Grant’s performance in Can You Ever Forgive  Me is by far my favorite so far in this category. Sam Elliot impressed me in ASIB – especially given his limited screen time, but I really loved Grant’s characterization and felt he really had good chemistry with equally-impressive Melissa McCarthy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

Both Elliot’s and Driver’s performances are not-Oscar-worthy.

But I think Elliot is better than Driver even if his screen time is far less than Driver’s.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  Marcus.H.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Problemchild
    Participant
    Topics:

Russell Hornsby is more worthy than Elliot and Driver, but unfortunately The Hate U Give is not on the academy’s radar.

ReplyCopy URL
    M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

Russell Hornsby is more worthy than Elliot and Driver, but unfortunately The Hate U Give is not on the academy’s radar.

Hornsby is a possibility with SAG.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jei Em
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone else think Adam Driver is being at least slightly overrated for his performance in BlacKKKlansman? Did I miss something? He had one great scene, but otherwise he was just good. I will not be happy if Driver gets in over Chalamet or Elliot at SAG and Oscars.

ME! Any white guy  in the same age bracket as his character can also play that part! I also think the same way towards Elliot’s performance. It would be a crime if both of them gets in and Chalamet gets snubbed! The two are just riding the popularity and potential Best Picture nomination of their films but they actually didn’t do anything special. While Chalamet’s performance carried his film. I think that’s the reason why it’s not yet rotten on Rotten Tomatoes or in yellow on Metacritic. I’d rather see Jonathan Pryce and Michael B. Jordan get the last two spots together with Ali, Grant and Chalamet.

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

I really want to see this happen! This is a weak category this year and Hornsby definitely deserves to get in.

I want to see a complete shake-up happen in this category. New contenders please!

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Richard E Grant the tentative frontrunner here until televised awards start? He seems to be in better shape than Ali

ReplyCopy URL
    zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

I think SAG will be:

Ali, Chalamet, Grant, Rockwell, & …

the Steve Carell of the year will be Hoult

ReplyCopy URL
    TVFan365
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought I was the only one who felt this way.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.