Home Forums Movies Best Supporting Actor 2019 Predictions (Part 2)

Best Supporting Actor 2019 Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 499 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
Dana_S_
DrewN92
  • Profile picture
    Dan Jo
    Topics:

After rewatching BB and Green Book, Chalamet gives a better performance than Ali and should win the Oscar. The latter is very impressive, yet his main strength lies in offering a convincing impersonation of Don Shirley while lacking consistent nuance in his performance beyond a couple of moments. Chalamet, on the other hand, doesn’t impress by portraying the idea of a drug addict but instead simply portrays a flawed individual who is so obviously relatable or at least believable in reality that the emotional outbursts hit you even harder. Grant shows similar nuance imo but, naturally, his limited screen time, whether fair or not, leads to a less impactful performance than Chalamet. What a shame both Carell and van Groeningen messed BB up.

The problem with Beautiful Boy are editing, screenplay and scoring. Alas, the cast were wonderful as well as the direction but they didn’t do well in the technical department.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

Tbh I feel like Ali and King are constantly nominated because of the lack of a POC in the leading categories (

well

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

I can’t believe Chalamet will get his 2nd Oscar nom for that… movie. Nicholas Hoult was robbed and beat up.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Is there any chance at all that they will nominate Hugh Grant for Paddington 2? I would so prefer it to either of the two Sam’s. The other four are all terrific: Ali, Chalamet, Driver and the other Grant. I would be really happy with Ali, Chalamet or Grant winning the award, but i still think Ali will win.

Although I didn’t like Black Panther I would prefer Jordan to either Elliott or Rockwell. He should have been nominated for Fruitvale Station and I loved his performance in Creed.

I am still predicting Ali, Chalamet, Driver, Elliott, and Richard E Grant, and hoping Elliott is replaced by a better acting performance.

Profile picture
    Vuitton
    Topics:

I really wish Chalamet had a chance here because he was great in Beautiful Boy.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I really wish Chalamet had a chance here because he was great in Beautiful Boy.

If the movie overall had been better, I think he’d be winning this. But the movie drags his performance down a bit IMO. He’s my personal winner, and I have no doubt that down the line, he’ll win his Oscar. He has two big movies coming out this year, so maybe next year is his year? He has The King, Little Women coming out for sure this year; The French Dispatch starts shooting in February, and right after that he is doing “Dune” with Villeneuve. He’s on a roll.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Dan Jo
    Topics:

Sam Elliott was good but due to limited screentime he didn’t shine that much. I wouldn’t be surprise if he didn’t make it into the top 5.

Profile picture
    xrated48
    Topics:

I honestly still don’t know who this person is.

He played Brian May in Bohemian Rhapsody. He looks and sounds just like him.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    TVFan365
    Topics:

Anyone still predicting someone other than Ali?

Dear Gold Derby, please add Ibrahima Gueye to the prediction center 🙂

Profile picture
    Dan Jo
    Topics:

Ali is unstoppable because he really give a good performance in Green Book.

Profile picture
    Dan Jo
    Topics:

I will riot if actual supporting actors like Sam Elliott and Nicholas Hoult doesn´t make it.

Honestly Hoult was not memorable in The Favourite. Any actor can do his part. He was just ok.

Profile picture
    ayanami
    Topics:

i’m predicting Mahershala Ali for 2x Oscar winner.

can’t really believe it, but i’m not angry about it.

Profile picture
    JustGuy
    Topics:

Gross just fucking gross! Timothée was superb and miles better than the overrated Mahershawala ugh!

Congratulations Taylor Swift on 6 Grammy Nominations
    Album of the Year: folklore
    Song of the Year: cardigan
    Pop Solo Performance: cardigan
    Pop Duo/Group Performance: exile feat. Bon Iver
    Pop Vocal Album: folklore
    Song Written for Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Best Supporting Actor 2019 Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.