Home Forums Movies Best Supporting Actor 2019 Predictions (Part 2)

Best Supporting Actor 2019 Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 499 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
Dana_S_
DrewN92
  • Profile picture
    Dana S.
    Topics:

I mean he should have won last year

The thing is – that’s just subjective (wishful) thinking of some people. But wishful thinking of some people  doesn’t mean that Academy members automatically think (should think) the same.  I mean some people too often mix up their personal preferences with how things would play out in reality. And today we saw that in reality Academy doesn’t really care for this particular actor and his performance enough to give him a nomination.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Would it be insane to swap out Chalamet for Rockwell? Very tempted.

Trusting my gut at all times from now on. Wooo!

Profile picture
    kellis
    Topics:

Should’ve been more ballsy to remove Chalamet. Ugh, Hoult was snubbed for the sake of this trash line-up.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I expect Ali to win SAG and Oscar; not sure if he or Grant will win BAFTA.

My personal top five for this category:

1. Mahersala Ali
    2. Richard E Grant
    3. Adam Driver
    4. Sam Elliott
    5. Sam Rockwell

Really would only be happy with the first two winning. Driver is the only acting nominee for BlacKkKlansman; I thought he was good but not great – Ali and Grant are great!

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

Not trying to venture into shameless stan category (let it be known that I think Oldman’s win last year was perfectly fine) but Rockwell over Chamalet is pretty fucking revolting.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    prognosticator
    Topics:

I think this and actress might be the easiest to call. Ali will win here easily. He’s magnificent in Green Book (as is his co-star Viggo Mortensen). In a perfect world both would win for their chemistry on screen. Ali will take his second trophy.

Profile picture
    MultipleOscarWinner
    Topics:

Should’ve been more ballsy to remove Chalamet. Ugh, Hoult was snubbed for the sake of this trash line-up.

Considering all the talking about the three leads, I didn’t expect to like his performance so much. I can even say he was better than both Stone and Weisz.

Profile picture
    kellis
    Topics:

Considering all the talking about the three leads, I didn’t expect to like his performance so much. I can even say he was better than both Stone and Weisz.

I don’t know if he was better, but I definitely think he was on the same level as the both of them. Though, I wouldn’t have minded him to get a nomination over one of them.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

Profile picture
    Dan Jo
    Topics:

Timothee is this year’s Amy Adams of 2017. Poor Timmy…he almost make it I’m sure.

But here they are…the offical nominees. Best Supporting Actors of 2018.

Profile picture
    Thomas Eagan
    Topics:

I doubt very few voters took the time to watch Beautiful Boy. They watched ASIB and Vice. Chalamet was robbed. Kid worked his ass off promoting the film after everyone else including the studio dumped it.

Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

What a snub for Timmy. Vice is so overrated.

Profile picture
    Sandrine
    Topics:

I’m also disappointed for him, because he campaigned very hard. Maybe they didn’t really like the movie or his performance.

But he should stay proud of this role, which was really respected by a lot, including Nic and David Sheff themself. Oscars are important, but it’s not everything. Remember that, Timmy.

Profile picture
    Keth
    Topics:

I doubt very few voters took the time to watch Beautiful Boy. They watched ASIB and Vice. Chalamet was robbed. Kid worked his ass off promoting the film after everyone else including the studio dumped it.

Do you think that is the case? I would hope Oscar voters would at least take time to watch “Beautiful Boy” for Chalamet’s performance alone since he was getting solid reviews. At least SAG voters took the time to watch the movie.

I think this award will probably go to Ali, but I wouldn’t count out Elliott – not so much for his performance, but his longevity in the business. Alan Arkin anyone?

Profile picture
    Scansion
    Topics:

I feel bad. He has to do another Q&A for the movie

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Best Supporting Actor 2019 Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.