Home Forums Movies Best Supporting Actor 2019 Predictions (Part 2)

Best Supporting Actor 2019 Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 499 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
Dana_S_
DrewN92
  • Profile picture
    Sandrine
    Topics:

I feel bad. He has to do another Q&A for the movie

yes, and that’s tomorrow. We will feel if he feels really sad, or not. I hope he will be okay.

Profile picture
    Moviebuff22
    Topics:

He’s a kid and already has a best actor nomination last year. When he gets snubbed at the level of Jake Gyllenhaal then come crying to me lol

Profile picture
    Sandrine
    Topics:

He’s a kid and already has a best actor nomination last year. When he gets snubbed at the level of Jake Gyllenhaal then come crying to me lol

of course. But don’t forget he had all the precursors, so it really hurts for him.

But I agree that Gyllenhaal deserves way more love from the industry.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Sandrine.
    Profile picture
    Thomas Eagan
    Topics:

I do see some similarities in the early careers of Tim and Jake at this point. Both shot to stardom in an Oscar nominated Gay romance film. I think in my opinion Jake’s choices have been questionable in films though. Jake seemed to have had a pretty good year and finally will get that big paycheck for the upcoming Spiderman. I hope Tim makes wise choices.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Thomas Eagan.
    Profile picture
    Dana S.
    Topics:

Also the real biggest snub in acting categories this year was  Ethan Hawke who scored absolute majority of critics’ circles awards wins and then was completely shut out from major televised awards. It’s as if the whole industry showed him the middle finger.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

While I’m happy that my last-minute instinct to drop Chalamet paid off, I feel bad for him. His performance was great.

Profile picture
    GusCruz
    Topics:

No way Ali loses this given the amount of screentime compared to the others and the many fans his film has.

Profile picture
    Awardsfan1990
    Topics:

Richard E. Grant could still win because he is a veteran actor with a long career, and given that some people may not feel Green Book is awards worthy in the slightest, that gives him a competitive edge to Mahershala Ali. If Grant should win at SAG and BAFTA, I’m predicting him to win the Oscar.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Chalamet is a terrific actor but he didn’t deserve a nom for that bad film. I’ll be sad when he is snubbed for a worthy performance.

Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

Do you think that is the case? I would hope Oscar voters would at least take time to watch “Beautiful Boy” for Chalamet’s performance alone since he was getting solid reviews. At least SAG voters took the time to watch the movie.

I think this award will probably go to Ali, but I wouldn’t count out Elliott – not so much for his performance, but his longevity in the business. Alan Arkin anyone?

Arkin won for Little Miss Sunshine because voters moved on from Eddie Murphy in Dreamgirls. Some say that it was due to the release of Norbit. Arkin and Murphy were not worthy of the Oscar. I would have voted for Jackie Earle Haley in Little Children.

Ali is worthy and Murphy is not. Also, Lauren Bacall and Gloria Stuart would have had something to say about the career nominations.

Profile picture
    PJC
    Topics:

Chalamet is a terrific actor but he didn’t deserve a nom for that bad film. I’ll be sad when he is snubbed for a worthy performance.

I would 100% say this was a worthy performance… Yes, the film wasn’t great, but Chalamet absolutely killed the role. Obviously it’s hard with the lukewarm response that Beautiful Boy got, but I think he was phenomenal in the role and definitely gave a nomination-worthy performance.

Profile picture
    JROCK1772
    Topics:

Chalamet deserved this nomination over Rockwell. Nothing about Rockwell’s performance was awards-worthy, in any way. Driver’s stings a bit knowing that Washington didn’t make it.

Profile picture
    Sandrine
    Topics:

It depends. Should we award a movie or an acting performance ? Don’t forget that it’s the supporting actor category, we aren’t supposed to judge the movie here. But I agree that the quality of the movie played probably a role in this snub.

I still believe he deserved it, but whatever now, it’s done.

Profile picture
    Dana S.
    Topics:

Richard E. Grant could still win because he is a veteran actor with a long career, and given that some people may not feel Green Book is awards worthy in the slightest, that gives him a competitive edge to Mahershala Ali. If Grant should win at SAG and BAFTA, I’m predicting him to win the Oscar.

I’m still rooting for Grant tbh, though I do accept that Ali is likely to win it.

Profile picture
    JayDF
    Topics:

It depends. Should we award a movie or an acting performance ? Don’t forget that it’s the supporting actor category, we aren’t supposed to judge the movie here. But I agree that the quality of the movie played probably a role in this snub.

I still believe he deserved it, but whatever now, it’s done.

Perfectly understandable for a voter to consider the quality of a film as a whole if they are having trouble narrowing down their choices. Anyway, I’m hoping for Elliott to win, if not then Grant. Driver would OK. Not interested in seeing either Ali or Rockwell winning, neither performance was so special that they win for it. Especially for it to be a 2nd win.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Best Supporting Actor 2019 Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.