gabspssJoined:Sep 10th, 2018Topics:Posts:March 19, 2021 at 5:55 pm #1204145883
A good, not great year for this category.
Here’s my ranking of the nominated performances:
1) Leslie Ann Warren, Victor/Victoria – She has the best musical number in the movie (Chicago, Illinois) and she was the one who had the idea of it! Terrific performance.
2) Glenn Close, The World According to Garp – A Glenn Close performance we are not used to see. I loved it! She stole the show. Everytime she appeared on screen I was hooked.
3) Jessica Lange, Tootsie – We love non hammy Jessica Lange too! Liked this one, she had some sweet moments.
4) Teri Garr, Tootsie – I don’t think she stole the show as many people think, but she was definetely good and improved a role that could have been completely thankless.
5) Kim Stanley, Frances – She was really good, but didn’t do much for me.Reply
It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!
Pinkpie48Joined:Feb 11th, 2021Topics:Posts:March 19, 2021 at 6:10 pm #1204145905
This was Lange’s best performance. The less hand fluttering the better.
I would have chosen Close or Garr over her though.ReplyCopy URL
WoodyJoined:Feb 9th, 2020Topics:Posts:March 19, 2021 at 6:16 pm #1204145918
Glenn should have won this year honestly, one of my favourite performances of hers and the most deserving of that year in my opinion.
ReddWhiteJoined:Mar 20th, 2021Topics:Posts:March 19, 2021 at 8:19 pm #1204146104
The actual best supporting performance here was the very overlooked Charlotte Rampling in The Verdict (serioulsy, Mason gets nominated for doing the same thing he did his entire career but she doesn’t???)ReplyCopy URL
ImpossachievableMarch 19, 2021 at 10:20 pm #1204146280This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.March 19, 2021 at 10:33 pm #1204146335This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
ArtIsntEasyJoined:Dec 17th, 2011Topics:Posts:March 20, 2021 at 6:28 am #1204146617
I do think it’s refreshing to watch Lange in TOOTSIE when compared to some of her other work but I do think she had better competition in the category.
I’ve always felt Garr stood out more in TOOTSIE and she mined so much out of her relatively brief screen time.
I do think Glenn Close, much like another longtime snubee Amy Adams, gave one of her best performances in first nomination…but unlike Adams, this was her film debut!
My ranking as of this moment is:
Warren (she was delightful)
“The art of making art is putting it together...”
Piper HalliwellJoined:Oct 20th, 2019Topics:Posts:March 20, 2021 at 6:38 am #1204146623
Garr was so much better than Lange, but they obviously went with the hot young starlet.ReplyCopy URL
FYC 2022 Emmys:
Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"
Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"
Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"
estrelasJoined:Jul 25th, 2018Topics:Posts:March 20, 2021 at 6:41 am #1204146629
Garr was so much better than Lange, but they obviously went with the hot young starlet.
I think Lange won mostly due to her Frances performance. Not to mention, she was never winning for that considering she was up against Meryl Streep for Sophie’s Choice.ReplyCopy URL
GreyDogJoined:Jun 20th, 2020Topics:Posts:March 20, 2021 at 6:48 am #1204146638
5. StanleyReplyCopy URL
ZuranthiumJoined:Dec 9th, 2014Topics:Posts:March 20, 2021 at 12:31 pm #1204147214
1. Karen Black – Come Back to the Five and Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy DeanReplyCopy URL
2. Lesley Ann Warren – Victor/Victoria
3. Carol Burnett – Annie
4. Glenn Close – The World According to Garp
5. Cher – Come Back to the Five and Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean
6. Ann-Margret – The Return of the Soldier
BalthazarJoined:Apr 6th, 2012Topics:Posts:March 20, 2021 at 2:09 pm #1204147342
I was heavily for Lesley Ann Warren – Victor/Victoria.
(Though is softens the blow Jessica Lange took home Oscar.)ReplyCopy URLNot now
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.