Home Forums Movies Best Supporting Actress 2019

Best Supporting Actress 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 357 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Andrew D
Miles
Harmon Van deth
  • AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Supporting Actress 2019

The top ten from the prediction center

1. Amy Adams- Backseat
    2. Regina king – if beale st could talk
    3. Claire Foy- First man
    4. Margot Robie – mary Queen of Scots
    5. Emma Stone – The Favourite
    6. Nicole Kidman- Boy Erased
    7. Rachael Weisz- The Favourite
    8. Michelle yeoh – Crazy rich Asians
    9. Sissy Spacek – the old man and the gun
    10. Marina De Tavira- Roma

I am thinking that Oliva colman and Natalie Portman will come down to supporting to help ensure they get a nomination…

So I am thinking

Amy
    Claire
    Regina
    Natalie
    Then Colman of Kidman ….

What do you think will happen ?

• This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Andrew D.

Andrewsart.etsy.com

Check out my online store 🙂

forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s Olivia COLMAN not Coleman. Let’s get the name of this category’s next winner correct.

ReplyCopy URL
    M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

Adams has narrative / Colman has the heat / Kidman could pull a Lange / King is the nomination is the award unless the performance is there / everyone else also-ran.

ReplyCopy URL
    AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

I dont think anyone can beat Adams …. If her movies preforms … she will win … Colman, foy and King will be rewarded with a nomination … Kidman will have to decide weather to back Supporting actress or Actress… and i dont see anyone else beating Adams ( unless the movie is a complete bomb)

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Andrew D.

Andrewsart.etsy.com

ReplyCopy URL
    dorseyhorsey
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m a certified Amy stan but I don’t know if she’s happening. Backseat has no festival showings, no promotional material…not a lot of movies good enough to pull a Phantom Thread and sneak in at the last minute.

ReplyCopy URL
    AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m a certified Amy stan but I don’t know if she’s happening. Backseat has no festival showings, no promotional material…not a lot of movies good enough to pull a Phantom Thread and sneak in at the last minute.

i feel like if they dont have something out soon they should just save it for next year ala The Wife..

Andrewsart.etsy.com

ReplyCopy URL
    AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

If Adams doesnt happen i can Totally see Regina King coming in and getting that Oscar.

Andrewsart.etsy.com

ReplyCopy URL
    lovelylovely
    Participant
    Topics:

A source said Adam McKay is going to go the same awards/release route as he did with The Big Short. If so, it’s most likely premiering at AFI Fest.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Right now I have two from The Favourite, Colman and Weisz and then I have Adams, Foy and Robbie. I’m waiting until Beale Street at least premiers before putting King in. I’m hearing a lot of great things about Spacek and I imagine voters see it as about time for her to be in the running again. I don’t see Kidman getting two nods and she’s getting better reviews for Destroyer so I think she has a better chance for that in lead.

ReplyCopy URL
    Edgar Pereira
    Participant
    Topics:

I was pretty secure about Amy Adams’ chances one / two months ago, but “BACKSEAT” has lost its Oscar buzz for no reason in particular… Maybe it will catch fire again once it gets released and first reviews come out, but right now it seems dead in almost every field except Best Supporting Actor and Best Supporting Actress.
    At this point of the race, I’m predicting:
    1 – Olivia Colman, “THE FAVOURITE” (I believe she’ll be promoted as Supporting Actress, since Best Actress is too crowded)
    2 – Regina Hall, “IF BEALE STREET COULD TALK”
    3 – Claire Foy, “FIRST MAN”
    4 – Sissy Spacek, “THE OLD MAN AND THE GUN”
    5 – Nicole Kidman, “BOY ERASED”
    Adams comes #6 in my predictions

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

The Amy I’d be willing to bet on is Amy Ryan. Although, I still think Maura Tierney gets the nom.

I think Natalie Portman remains a non-factor. She’s getting great reviews but since she’s in half of the movie, she can’t really be put in lead but she can’t really be put in supporting.

I think Colman wins this category, with Emma Stone going lead.

ReplyCopy URL
    O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

Amy is probably not even being nominated.We don´t know nothing about her performance,she just has the overdue thing but maybe her performance isn´t big enough. My predictions are
    1.Margot Robbie
    2.Nicole Kidman
    3.Emma Stone
    4.Natalie Portman
    5.Regina King/ Sissy Spacek/ Rachel Weisz

The Amy I’d be willing to bet on is Amy Ryan. Although, I still think Maura Tierney gets the nom.

I think Natalie Portman remains a non-factor. She’s getting great reviews but since she’s in half of the movie, she can’t really be put in lead but she can’t really be put in supporting.

Same happened with Dev Patel two years ago and he was submitted and nominate as supporting

ReplyCopy URL
    dorseyhorsey
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought actress placement was all over the place with The Favourite, now we have to figure out what to do with Natalie…

Colman
    Kidman
    King
    Foy
    Portman
    ——
    Adams
    Somebody else from The Favourite

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

Same happened with Dev Patel two years ago and he was submitted and nominate as supporting

I was furious about it then and will be if Natalie frauds into supporting. There’s no argument to be made for a supporting placement.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

Maura Tierney will definitely be in the running. This category is looking competitive and I’m here for it. I’m hoping night school gets good reviews so that I can commandeer this thread into the Tiffany Haddish thread, as I did last year.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 357 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.