Home Forums Movies Best Supporting Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

Best Supporting Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 489 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
M: The Original
PJ Edwards
teri
  • Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

And yet, sometimes that’s exactly what happens: a sole nominee from a film ends up winning the Oscar. It’s happened multiple times in this category. Penélope Cruz immediately comes to mind for “Vicky Cristina Barcelona.”

Her competition was a supporting performance that ended up getting nominated in lead. Lol.

If there’s a sole winner it’ll probably be Zellweger for Judy.

titi
    Participant
    Topics:

Slikovni rezultat za laura dern marriage story gif

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Annette Bening nom. Fluke or forreal?

Think it’s a fluke. She’s had a good history with the Globes in the past, so it makes sense that she can get name checked there and not show up anywhere else.

Faux architect
    Participant
    Topics:

Slikovni rezultat za laura dern marriage story gif

I was about to ask who was that little boy.

Pantheon of acting: Uta / Elizabeth / Richard / Sandy (Virginia Woolf), Bibi / Liv (Persona), Jodie (Killing Eve), Eva (Penny Dreadful), Timothée (CMBYN), Lupita (Us)

Arthur J. Fleck
    Participant
    Topics:

Some posters who said Close didn’t deserve a career award (Glenn fucking Close!) say that Laura Dern deserves to win for such a lazy performance…

The irony. And if Jennifer Lopez wins the Globe over Dern it will be because her performance was better. Period.

All I have are negative thoughts

M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

Some posters who said Close didn’t deserve a career award (Glenn fucking Close!) say that Laura Dern deserves to win for such a lazy performance…

The irony. And if Jennifer Lopez wins the Globe over Dern it will be because her performance was better. Period.

Those rooting against Close last year are fighting me over Kathy Bates’ inclusion this year. They hate vets not named Meryl or Maggie.

Kathy Bates for Best Supporting Actress (Richard Jewell)

HawkWD
    Participant
    Topics:

If this category was actually about awarding the best

Some posters who said Close didn’t deserve a career award (Glenn fucking Close!) say that Laura Dern deserves to win for such a lazy performance… The irony. And if Jennifer Lopez wins the Globe over Dern it will be because her performance was better. Period.

Saying that Laura’s performance was “lazy” is an opinion. It’s my opinion that she delivered a really good one. If this category was actually about awarding the “best” performance it wouldn’t even be between Laura and JLo because there are plenty of people who gave better performances than both of them this year. JLo couldn’t even force herself to squeeze out a single tear during what was supposed to be her big moment during her fight with Constance Wu at the end.

Chfrik
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: center;”>So I Just watched Hustlers</p>
    JLO is amazing, but i think she should be running for lead

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Because Annette Bening is happening?

Can we just not let this happen with Annette, can we just please not give her anything until their gonna go full-Julianne Moore post-2002 (give her nothing until we give her everything).

Especially for such a nothing performance in The Report.

MoonlightTommy
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, the HFPA gave Annette the nom for 20th Century Women and she didn’t show up at SAG or Oscars so I wouldn’t predict her for The Report.

MoonlightTommy
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: center;”>So I Just watched Hustlers</p> JLO is amazing, but i think she should be running for lead

It’s Wu’s story. And I’m rooting for JLo for supporting but if she went lead, she wouldn’t show up anywhere else but Comedy Actress at the Globes.

Milk Money
    Participant
    Topics:

And yet, sometimes that’s exactly what happens: a sole nominee from a film ends up winning the Oscar. It’s happened multiple times in this category. Penélope Cruz immediately comes to mind for “Vicky Cristina Barcelona.”

Yep, and let’s not forget Christopher Plummer. Even still, Hustlers has a decent shot at a Screenplay nom.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, the HFPA gave Annette the nom for 20th Century Women and she didn’t show up at SAG or Oscars so I wouldn’t predict her for The Report.

Report was also one of last screeners sent. I dont think she is getting in considering how hard other guilds are punishing late comers. I think we see big differences in supporting categories at GG/SAG/BAFTA. Like Bates isnt even eligible at SAG here lol So thats 2 spots up for grabs. Good luck sorting it out!

Chunky Dory
    Participant
    Topics:

If this category was actually about awarding the best

Saying that Laura’s performance was “lazy” is an opinion. It’s my opinion that she delivered a really good one. If this category was actually about awarding the “best” performance it wouldn’t even be between Laura and JLo because there are plenty of people who gave better performances than both of them this year. JLo couldn’t even force herself to squeeze out a single tear during what was supposed to be her big moment during her fight with Constance Wu at the end.

Also an opinion. Ramona’s character was someone who always held her emotions in. Just like the ending of the film… no emotion. I happen to like Dern but also felt like this felt just like Renatta in Big Little Lies (which I’m sure was just coincidental) Also an opinion.

AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

Dern is winning the Globe. Yall used that exact same starfucking logic during the Gaga vs Close debacle and look what happened

Umm I actually predicted Close’s win over Gaga last year, and I’m still predicting Lopez to take this one for two reasons –

1. The HFPA knew they had taken care of Gaga by rewarding Shallow, so they could go somewhere else in Lead Actress.
    2. They can and probably will reward Marriage Story in Screenplay and/or one of the lead categories.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 489 total)

The topic ‘Best Supporting Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.