Home Forums Movies Best Supporting Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

Best Supporting Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 489 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
M: The Original
JackO
babypook
  • Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

The most underrated supporting role of the year? Yes.

She was good but definitely not Oscar worthy. Her role and performance are like “Diet Lupita”.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Praise be. I 100% agree.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    MrGoodWood
    Topics:

I wish Johansson had frauded herself into supporting. Then at least we would have a worthy winner.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

It’s going to be Kidman lol. She’s overdue for number 5 and she’s more worthy here than she was in Lion.

Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

I wish Johansson had frauded herself into supporting. Then at least we would have a worthy winner.

But she’s also amazing in JOJO RABBIT and she would make for a good winner for that one. She’s 100% lead in MARRIAGE STORY and it would be an atrocious category fraud and she would split prizes with Dern anyway (Hollywood is just in the mood for a Dern win and we can’t do anything)

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

It’s going to be Kidman lol. She’s overdue for number 5 and she’s more worthy here than she was in Lion.

Kidman has yet to be recognized by the Academy in an R rated movie.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I haven’t seen bombshell yet – next Friday will be the happy day I finally get to see it. A case that I don’t think has been mentioned yet for Margot Robbie is that if she is nominated for Bombshell voters will also remember her from Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood, which for me was the best performance in that uneven movie. Having another film that is competing, especially in BP, could make her an alternative to sheep voting for Laura Dern’s competent but nothing special performance. It will also depend on who the other nominees are, of course, but I love Margot Robbie and would be very happy for her to win (here’s hoping I enjoy her performance in Bombshell!)

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

If we’re gonna mention Hollywood for Robbie, then we better mention “Big Little Lies” and “Little Women” for Dern. Renata Klein was the big deal over the summer and pretty everyone had a blast with her – Dern knocked it out of the park. And then we have her role in LW, which may be small but from what I’ve heard very different from Nora and Renata and quite impactful. This is her year and her moment. Plus, there are obviously people that love her performance in “Marriage Story,” which will also be in the running for BP. Underestimate her at your own peril. I think Robbie is still very much a threat, but this seems like Dern’s to lose. Even though I wasn’t blown away by her work, more so by her character, in MS, she still gave a great performance IMO. Also bear in mind that voters don’t care about screen time; both King and Janney won with relatively little screen time in their respective movies.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Megyn Kelly from Bombshell
    Topics:

Renata Klein was the big deal over the summer and pretty everyone had a blast with her. there are obviously people that love her performance in “Marriage Story,” .

In the gay community?

Profile picture
    cinetastic
    Topics:

I totally agree. She was awesome!

Profile picture
    Potatohead
    Topics:

She might win for Marriage Story, but I’d much rather Laura Dern get nominated for Little Women. Still haven’t seen it, but in the handful of clips I’ve seen I like her more in that movie than Marriage Story. Do not mind her winning for Marriage Story anyway though, she should’ve been nominated and won for Inland Empire.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Robbie has the Oscar clip towards the end but she’s playing the Barbie girl. If her character just had more dimensions I would say she would be a shoe in.

The supporting category loves to reward veterans and character actors. I feel like this nomination will help Robbie eventually win lead in the future. Since she’s considered a potential leading lady.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by Victor Cruz.
    • This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by Victor Cruz.
    Profile picture
    Jasmine is French
    Topics:

I have just seen Marriage Story, which is a GREAT movie. I hope the movie gets lots of Academy Award nominations except for Dern. She was just ok. Any, I mean, ANY actress in her late 40s and in her 50s, could have done great with that role. Dern is not doing anything special. Lopez is RAMONA and I cannot imagine anyone else in that role. But with the Nora character, I could easily see:

– Tilda Swinton
    – Emma Thompson
    – Cate Blanchett
    – Jennifer Connelly
    – Sandra Bullock
    – Allison Janney
    – Michelle Pfeiffer
    – Angela Bassett
    – Sigourney Weaver

in the same role. And most of these ladies would have been spectacular as Nora.
    So I am confused about all the critic wins for Dern.If she gets the Oscar for playing Nora, her win is going to be the most amateurish win ever.

Profile picture
    tom92
    Topics:

If anyone wants a “surprise”, it’s Robbie getting snubbed. We can blame split voting for her two roles and Nicole Kidman in Bombshell

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

I have just seen Marriage Story, which is a GREAT movie. I hope the movie gets lots of Academy Award nominations except for Dern. She was just ok. Any, I mean, ANY actress in her late 40s and in her 50s, could have done great with that role. Dern is not doing anything special. Lopez is RAMONA and I cannot imagine anyone else in that role. But with the Nora character, I could easily see: – Tilda Swinton – Emma Thompson – Cate Blanchett – Jennifer Connelly – Sandra Bullock – Allison Janney – Michelle Pfeiffer – Angela Bassett – Sigourney Weaver in the same role. And most of these ladies would have been spectacular as Nora. So I am confused about all the critic wins for Dern.If she gets the Oscar for playing Nora, her win is going to be the most amateurish win ever.

No one could complain about misogyny more lawyerly than Dern.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 489 total)

The topic ‘Best Supporting Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.