Home Forums Movies Best Supporting Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

Best Supporting Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 489 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
M: The Original
JackO
babypook
  • Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

If anyone wants a “surprise”, it’s Robbie getting snubbed. We can blame split voting for her two roles and Nicole Kidman in Bombshell

It ain’t happening.

Profile picture
    tom92
    Topics:

It ain’t happening.

Wait and see… I’ve said it’ll be the only surprise in the category. She fell at the final hurdle last year. And split voting is a bitch.

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

Wait and see… I’ve said it’ll be the only surprise in the category. She fell at the final hurdle last year. And split voting is a bitch.

But who was expecting her to get in for MQoS? She missed a lot of regional awards for that and was in nobody’s top 2. This year, she’s in nearly everyone’s top 2. And it’s pretty ubiquitously agreed that this performance of hers is more worthy than her OUaTiH performance and that she’s stronger in this movie than Kidman. So I don’t foresee split voting affecting her. I hope it doesn’t!

Profile picture
    TVFan365
    Topics:

I wish Taylor Russell had a chance at being nominated for “Waves.” She has all these “breakout” wins for her role when she’s just as good if not better than all the contenders in the supporting actress category.

Profile picture
    tom92
    Topics:

But who was expecting her to get in for MQoS? She missed a lot of regional awards for that and was in nobody’s top 2. This year, she’s in nearly everyone’s top 2. And it’s pretty ubiquitously agreed that this performance of hers is more worthy than her OUaTiH performance and that she’s stronger in this movie than Kidman. So I don’t foresee split voting affecting her. I hope it doesn’t!

She got sag and BAFTA and many had her predicted to get a nom. I was just mentioning a surprise that could happen. She’s firmly in my top 5.

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

Kidman has yet to be recognized by the Academy in an R rated movie.

Thats just random trivia. The R rating will in no way, shape, or form affect her chance of a nomination.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    Topics:

Thats just random trivia. The R rating will in no way, shape, or form affect her chance of a nomination.

Clearly the R rated projects she takes on makes voters at the Academy allergic because they’ve never bothered to nominate her for one regardless of the vehicle’s critical acclaim. Keep that factoid in mind if you choose to keep her in your predictions.

Profile picture
    fvg627
    Topics:

Just saw Parasite, and while I didn’t love it as much as I hoped (I really liked it) I just came here to say that Yeo-jeong Jo was great and should absolutely crash this boring race. And after sag ensemble she actually might?

Profile picture
    MrGoodWood
    Topics:

Just saw Parasite, and while I didn’t love it as much as I hoped (I really liked it) I just came here to say that Yeo-jeong Jo was great and should absolutely crash this boring race. And after sag ensemble she actually might?

She was the MVP for me as well, perhaps even my favourite performance of the year, but Neon are campaigning only Song Kang-ho for acting unfortunately.

Profile picture
    Djoko
    Topics:

Clearly the R rated projects she takes on makes voters at the Academy allergic because they’ve never bothered to nominate her for one regardless of the vehicle’s critical acclaim. Keep that factoid in mind if you choose to keep her in your predictions.

You forgot to mention the Academy has also never nominated her when she’s wearing a purple dress with a beret on and speaking Italian while juggling bowling pins with one hand. Keep that in mind too.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

You forgot to mention the Academy has also never nominated her when she’s wearing a purple dress with a beret on and speaking Italian while juggling bowling pins with one hand. Keep that in mind too.

So, you saw The Highwaymen too? That was rated R btw…

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    Rich Landry
    Topics:

I saw Richard Jewell this weekend and I am really hoping for a Kathy Bates nomination. Her two crying scenes alone were heartbreaking for her character. If she could get a nomination I hope it will get her some more quality work in films.

Profile picture
    Miguel Marrero
    Topics:

Dern – GG, SAG, CC

Lopez – GG, SAG, CC

Robbie – GG, SAG, CC

Scarjo – SAG, CC

Those 4 are seemingly locks. Bates, Pugh, Benning, Kidman and Zhao will battle for the 5th spot.

Profile picture
    Nikhil
    Topics:

Dern – GG, SAG, CC

Lopez – GG, SAG, CC

Robbie – GG, SAG, CC

Scarjo – SAG, CC

Those 4 are seemingly locks. Bates, Pugh, Benning, Kidman and Zhao will battle for the 5th spot.

I agree. Of the remaining women you listed I think Bates and Pugh stand the strongest chance at a nomination. I find it hard to imagine Richard Jewell will be completely shut out from the Oscars so BSA and A. Screenplay feel like the only places it really stands a shot at showing up.

Little Women seems to have lost some steam but Pugh is reportedly a standout. I still have her in because I don’t want to lose the odds I got on her early on.

Benning I think was mostly a name check by GG (they love her and have nominated her 7 or 8 times). If she shows up at BAFTA I will consider her more strongly but for now I think she is out.

Kidman is a wildcard. It’s never smart to discount her. I have to see Bombshell for myself to decide.

Zhao would be the greatest thing on the planet, but I have no faith in humanity.

Top 3 Films of the Year: Parasite, The Farewell, OUATIH

Profile picture
    Topics:

Dern – GG, SAG, CC

Lopez – GG, SAG, CC

Robbie – GG, SAG, CC

Scarjo – SAG, CC

I don’t think ScarJo is a double nominee.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 489 total)

The topic ‘Best Supporting Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.