Home Forums Movies Best Supporting Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

Best Supporting Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 489 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
M: The Original
JackO
babypook
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    nkb325
    Topics:

^ sure but I think you could argue there isn’t really any undeniable performance, in either category (at least not that a majority seem to agree on). She’s not my personal winner in either category, but I also think she’s deserving enough of a nomination for either and I prefer her to the current frontrunner in either category, so if enough people feel the same way, you never know

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

I think the majority say Nyong’o is undeniable for BA but…

Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

Darlings, Johansson is winning an Oscar this year. Probably for Divorcing but if not, she’s winning for her Anti-Nazi role in supporting. But she’s winning. That’s for sure as she’s one of the biggest film stars of this generation and is certainly overdue for some recognition. Stay pressed haters!

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

Darling, Jewish McKenzie isn’t happening. Anti-Nazi Johansson is the only possibility this film has in the acting categories. You have to accept it.

At no point in this post did I say McKenzie was happening. I said I wanted her to happen.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

After seeing Bening and Bates movie this weekend; I would say Bening is not happening. Movie is a tough one to watch with the torture scenes. That would probably turn some off.

And Bates is great, if she could get people to watch the movie; She would be a nominee and a deserving winner. Problem is also that the movie is infuriating too. She even has some great Oscar clips.
    I still think it’s ridiculous that Dern is winning all the critics.

Profile picture
    RobertPius
    Topics:

After seeing Bening and Bates movie this weekend; I would say Bening is not happening. Movie is a tough one to watch with the torture scenes. That would probably turn some off.

And Bates is great, if she could get people to watch the movie; She would be a nominee and a deserving winner. Problem is also that the movie is infuriating too. She even has some great Oscar clips.
    I still think it’s ridiculous that Dern is winning all the critics.

Infuriating in what way?

Profile picture
    Miguel Marrero
    Topics:

Scarjo will get double nominations and win just like Jamie Foxx did with Ray and Collateral!

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

If we’re gonna mention Hollywood for Robbie, then we better mention “Big Little Lies” and “Little Women” for Dern. Renata Klein was the big deal over the summer and pretty everyone had a blast with her – Dern knocked it out of the park. And then we have her role in LW, which may be small but from what I’ve heard very different from Nora and Renata and quite impactful. This is her year and her moment. Plus, there are obviously people that love her performance in “Marriage Story,” which will also be in the running for BP. Underestimate her at your own peril. I think Robbie is still very much a threat, but this seems like Dern’s to lose. Even though I wasn’t blown away by her work, more so by her character, in MS, she still gave a great performance IMO. Also bear in mind that voters don’t care about screen time; both King and Janney won with relatively little screen time in their respective movies.

Janney had enough screen time in I, Tonya. She was very much visible there and deservedly won

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

Profile picture
    sofan
    Topics:

Dern – GG, SAG, CC Lopez – GG, SAG, CC Robbie – GG, SAG, CC Scarjo – SAG, CC – Those 4 are seemingly locks. Bates, Pugh, Benning, Kidman and Zhao will battle for the 5th spot.

I feel like there is a scary possibility where Lopez gets overlooked and Pugh and Kidman complete the nominees.

Profile picture
    OhJulian
    Topics:

There’s no way JLo is missing

Profile picture
    sofan
    Topics:

There’s no way JLo is missing

I hope you are right cause she is the most deserving one

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

I hope you are right cause she is the most deserving one

Was that really her doing that pole dance?
    Damned girl. You win right there.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

Janney had enough screen time in I, Tonya. She was very much visible there and deservedly won

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Yes she did. Unless Janne y spent actual time with MotheroftheYear I dont know how she did it.
    Margot not so much. She’s great but she’s not Tonya.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 489 total)

The topic ‘Best Supporting Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.