Home Forums Movies Best Supporting Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

Best Supporting Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 481 through 489 (of 489 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
M: The Original
PJ Edwards
teri
  • BigJay2012
    Participant
    Topics:

Talented dancer? She rehearses a lot and everything she does is literally choreographed. A true dancer is judged on freestyle.

She’s not a natural great dancer like Ciara, but at least I will agree that she dances with more ease than most of the others.

A capable actress for what? A maid in Manhattan? Gigli? Or Anaconda?

How do you know if she can free style or not? So are you saying that every tom, dick, and harry can do what Jennifer does on the stage???? NOPE. You have to be a talented dancer to do that. She started off as a HIRED dancer…..I’m sure she had to do free style to get the jobs she did.

Mi Familia
    Selena
    Angel Eyes
    Out of Sight
    Hustlers
    Lila and Eve
    The Cell
    An Unfinished Life.

She was solid in ALL of those. You seen em’???

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  BigJay2012.
    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by  BigJay2012.
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

Talented dancer? She rehearses a lot and everything she does is literally choreographed. A true dancer is judged on freestyle.

What is this nonsense? By this logic, true actors would be judged by how well they can improv. That’s not the case. I swear everybody is coming up with whatever they can pull out of their asses for why J Lo is the worst.

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Uncut Gems is doing pretty good at the Box Office and people seem to be liking it… any chance Julia Fox can get in on a coattail nomination if the movie does better than expected with voters??? She would make for an exciting nominee!

Philip
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s not a natural great dancer like Ciara, but at least I will agree that she dances with more ease than most of the others.

A capable actress for what? A maid in Manhattan? Gigli? Or Anaconda?

Did you just say that because she rehearses alot that she isn’t a talented dancer and that everything she does is “literally choreography”. I’m sorry, what the fuck are you talking about? So every dancer on Broadway is not a talented dancer? They are just doing someone else’s Choreography. Wow.

Viridiana
    Participant
    Topics:

Uncut Gems is doing pretty good at the Box Office and people seem to be liking it… any chance Julia Fox can get in on a coattail nomination if the movie does better than expected with voters??? She would make for an exciting nominee!

I don´t think A24 is even trying with her. They are clearly putting all their efforts in Sandler, Awkwafina and Zhao (which it´s a pity for Waves and The Last Black Man in San Francisco)

AnotherVice
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m sick and tired of certain people always claiming Latinos steal from African American culture when we as Latinos have actual African blood running through our veins, but I guess certain people are too closed minded to have that conversation on Goldderby, so I won’t open that door.

At the end of the day, it’s about the performance. JLo is getting in. Suck it up, losers.

BigJay2012
    Participant
    Topics:

There is a difference between having African ancestry in your blood while being Latina…… and BLACK Culture/African American Culture. And that’s okay!

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  BigJay2012.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  BigJay2012.
    Kadu335
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok, why is any of this relevant at all? Trying to be objective here… I can’t really say I have watched many of her previous movies (Out of Sight and The Cell are the only ones I can remember right now) but think Jlo gave a pretty strong performance in Hustlers. I currently have her 2nd on my list. Her being Latina, non-black, a great dancer, a bad singer or whatever is completely irrelevant here. Did she deliver with her performance? I think she totally did, so good for her… I think she would be a deserving nominee

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  Kadu335.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  Kadu335.
    POR160893
    Participant
    Topics:

Thank you for those who had commented on my previous post concerning a possible nomination for Lee Jeong Eun. It is always good to hear the opinions of others.

My conjecture on why Cho Yeo Jeong NOT getting a nomination is that the role does not have the range as that of Kang Ho Song and Lee Jeong Eun. Yeo Jeong is a comedic device in this sensational satire and her character is not as imperative to the twist in parasite. Furthermore, the Academy tends to reward the more flamboyant, veteran actress and that would be Jeong Eun in this case. Just look at the current predictions of the experts on Goldderby (Tom O’Neill and Tariq Khan) and tell me why it is Jeong Eun as oppsoed Yeo Jeong.

Viewing 9 posts - 481 through 489 (of 489 total)

The topic ‘Best Supporting Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.