Home Forums Movies Best Supporting Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

Best Supporting Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 489 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
M: The Original
PJ Edwards
teri
  • John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Globes have 4/5 accuracy in this category, so here are my predictions.

Laura Dern

Jennifer Lopez

Margot Robbie

Florence Pugh

Kathy Bates

Academy-Award winners:

Parasite: Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay

Joker: Best Actor - Joaquin Phoenix

Jojo Rabbit: Best Adapted Screenplay

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Dern just won Detroit and Southeastern

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I am waiting to see what happens with the SAG nominations. I really want Dame Maggie Smith on that list – sadly it’s the only way she gets in and she is my choice (at least so far – haven’t seen a few of the films yet in this category). With Kathy Bates in lead it’s not going to be helpful as far as she is concerned. Pugh must get in at SAG to be viable. If Bening makes it in there she’s in but she also needs SAG. Can Robbie get two nominations at SAG? I think there’s a one film limit per category at the Oscars? I loved her in OUAT…IH and have been waiting to see Bombshell – all of her nominations have been for the latter so far. A few more days before I firm up my predictions after the SAG noms come out.

HawkWD
    Participant
    Topics:

Cho Yeo-jeong, Zhao Shuzhen and (I’m assuming) Florence Pugh were snubbed.

Arthur J. Fleck
    Participant
    Topics:

Jennifer Lopez is probably winning the Globe as she has the flashier performance and Dern was snubbed for her performance in Big Little Lies, which was the same one she did in Marriage Story, but miles better.

All I have are negative thoughts

AndMore
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Dern, Lopez, and Robbie are in.

Laura Dern: Locked
    Jennifer Lopez: Locked, but if she misses both SAG and BAFTA, then out.
    Margot Robbie: Locked, unless she misses both SAG and BAFTA or gets noms for OUATIH instead and splits her support.

For the final two slots:

Zhao Shuzhen: Needs to hit SAG or BAFTA or have The Farewell start making a play for other top awards. She does remind me of the kind of nominee that can get in with only CC though. It will help if Awkwafina gets in too.
    Maggie Smith: Needs both SAG and BAFTA nominations.
    Kathy Bates: Needs a BAFTA nom or a surprise SAG Lead nom. Either would make me put her in
    Annette Bening: Needs to hit SAG, BAFTA and even then, might still not put her in.
    Florence Pugh: Needs a BAFTA nom or LW to blow up, however, likely won’t put her in as she should have hit Globes of all places.
    Scarlett Johansson: SAG or BAFTA noms would help her.
    Nicole Kidman: Would need some help from SAG and Bombshell to have support throughout the industry.

Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

Post-HFPA prayer circle for Zhao Shuzhen starting now.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Jennifer Lopez is probably winning the Globe as she has the flashier performance and Dern was snubbed for her performance in Big Little Lies, which was the same one she did in Marriage Story, but miles better.

But since she was snubbed on the television side, that means all her support will go toward her film performance.

Arthur J. Fleck
    Participant
    Topics:

But since she was snubbed on the television side, that means all her support will go toward her film performance.

It could, but it shows the HFPA aren’t Laura Dern fans. Her Renata Klein could (and should) have been nominated perfectly and they ignored her.

All I have are negative thoughts

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

It could, but it shows the HFPA aren’t Laura Dern fans. Her Renata Klein could (and should) have been nominated perfectly and they ignored her.

This is her 8th Globe nod, and she’s won 4 times here already.

AnotherVice
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah no, Laura Dern is a HUGE Globe favorite so just because she missed here doesn’t mean they don’t like her. Didn’t she already win for BLL anyway? I’m thinking the same. Now that she didn’t make it for TV, all of her support will come here. She’s also never won a Movie Globe so she’s definitely the one to beat.

Hoping for a JLo upset though.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Kathy Bates got so screwed by SAG it’s not even funny. I feel for her.

I mean she missed BFCA and will most likely miss BAFTA so not sure why people are suddenly acting like she is happening now

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Doubtful. Dern is GG royalty in a film they liked a lot more than Hustlers. If JLo wins GG, then she is winning Oscar, but we all know thats not happening.

Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Florence Pugh will definitely make BAFTA and most likely SAG as well so not worried about her. But that fifth slot is bothering me. Shuzhen? Bates? Someone else entirely? Not sure what to make of it.

JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

Get that recognition Miss JLO!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 489 total)

The topic ‘Best Supporting Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.