Home Forums Movies Best Supporting Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

Best Supporting Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 489 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
M: The Original
PJ Edwards
teri
  • Profile picture
    Arthur J. Fleck
    Topics:

I really think Jennifer Lopez is superior to Laura Dern’s autopilot performance. Ramona Vega it’s the kind of role that the Globes love to reward. And it will be very deserving. In fact, Laura Dern doesn’t deserve the nod and I would be embarrassed if I were her, because she’s a magnificent actress who may get recognized by a performance she did in her sleep.

All I have are negative thoughts

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I mean she missed BFCA and will most likely miss BAFTA so not sure why people are suddenly acting like she is happening now

I’m mostly predicting her because Globes have a 4/5 success rate in this category, and there’s no way in hell Benning gets nominated at the Oscars. Plus I feel like Richard Jewell won’t be completely ignored at the Oscars.

Also Regina King got a Globe nomination but missed BAFTA and SAG, yet still won her Oscar.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Laura Dern wasn’t doing her performance in her sleep. That’s ridiculous. Especially in her first scene with Johansson she’s doing a lot of subtle things that are making it even more hilarious.

Profile picture
    Arthur J. Fleck
    Topics:

Laura Dern wasn’t doing her performance in her sleep. That’s ridiculous. Especially in her first scene with Johansson she’s doing a lot of subtle things that are making it even more hilarious.

Do you really think that her performance is Oscar-worthy? Please tell me you don’t.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

I’m mostly predicting her because Globes have a 4/5 success rate in this category, and there’s no way in hell Benning gets nominated at the Oscars. Plus I feel like Richard Jewell won’t be completely ignored at the Oscars.

Also Regina King got a Globe nomination but missed BAFTA and SAG, yet still won her Oscar.

Richard Jewell isnt Beale Street and Bates is not winning.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

I really think Jennifer Lopez is superior to Laura Dern’s autopilot performance. Ramona Vega it’s the kind of role that the Globes love to reward. And it will be very deserving. In fact, Laura Dern doesn’t deserve the nod and I would be embarrassed if I were her, because she’s a magnificent actress who may get recognized by a performance she did in her sleep.

I wonder how “embarassed” she’ll be when she steps up on the podium to accept her Oscar.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

I didn’t say I would give her the win. But to dismiss her performance just because you didn’t pick up on the things that she was doing is unfair.

Profile picture
    Arthur J. Fleck
    Topics:

I didn’t say I would give her the win. But to dismiss her performance just because you didn’t pick up on the things that she was doing is unfair.

I’m not saying she was bad, I actually enjoyed her. But saying it’s an Oscar-winning role is… embarrassing. Especially when she wasn’t even the best supporting actress in Marriage Story.

Profile picture
    HawkWD
    Topics:

I’m not saying she was bad, I actually enjoyed her. But saying it’s an Oscar-winning role is… embarrassing. Especially when she wasn’t even the best supporting actress in Marriage Story.

Who was better lol? Merrit Weaver and her 5 minutes of screen time?

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I never said she was winning. And Richard Jewell doesn’t need to be Beale Street to get the nom.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

I never said she was winning. And Richard Jewell doesn’t need to be Beale Street to get the nom.

Then why make the comparison? lol mess. Predict what you want to predict just stay the heck out my inbox.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Then why make the comparison? lol mess. Predict what you want to predict just stay the heck out my inbox.

Because Regina King missed major precursors but still got the nomination. That’s what I’m predicting will happen to Bates.

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Bates could easily be the lone nomination for Richard Jewell on Oscar morning. I suspect Warner Bros and the Eastwood voter bloc will at the very least see to that.

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

I wonder if SAG throws a curveball like last year when they snubbed King and nominated Robbie and gave the win to Blunt.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: The Morning Show
    FYC: Watchmen

Male/Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

I’ve been saying for weeks that this race is far from over. Dern was entertaining for sure, but she pales in comparison to what JLO pulled off in Hustlers, which has been doing really well with SAG screenings. Too early to tell, but wouldn’t be surprised if she wins there, too.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 489 total)

The topic ‘Best Supporting Actress 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.