Home Forums Movies Best Supporting Actress 2020 (Part 5)

Best Supporting Actress 2020 (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 500 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
CateNicole
thatnerdgreg
Victor Cruz
  • Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Haven’t seen Little Women yet but the Pugh GG/SAG snubs definitely are weird

I agree! she has more passion than dullnan.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Haters will forever stay pressed.

These awards need that superstar feel and glamour not just on the red carpet, but on the winners list as well. The best way they can achieve that is by awarding a deserving contender in the person of Jennifer Lopez.

A woman who makes 50 look 25.

A woman who did everything her role required and more.

Ramona is the female character of the year and should be recognised. Give it to JLo

Imagine A World Without Movies

Viridiana
    Participant
    Topics:

Florence is coming back from the dead lol

It´s a pity for her that Sony didn´t plan their award strategy better. Still, a NSFC  win is mostly a curse than a bless (Dern will not be affected probably but still)

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Viridiana.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Viridiana.
    wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

Haters will forever stay pressed. These awards need that superstar feel and glamour not just on the red carpet, but on the winners list as well. The best way they can achieve that is by awarding a deserving contender in the person of Jennifer Lopez. A woman who makes 50 look 25. A woman who did everything her role required and more. Ramona is the female character of the year and should be recognised. Give it to JLo

Girl, they need the star power in the nominations. Not necessarily in the winners list.

Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The Florence Pugh SAG snub is not weird. Passion does not get you a nomination at SAG; visibility does. We now know that Saoirse Ronan has industry passion and she missed too. As for the Globe, they did not really care for Little Women, but even for films that they love, they are prone to snub breakthrough performances by “kids” in the supporting categories: Lucas Hedges in Manchester by the Sea, Jacob Tremblay in Room, Hailee Steinfeld in True Grit, Dev Patel in Slumdog Millionaire.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Dont know what to make of it. Been removing flopshell from my predictions so Kidman is an easy out.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Nyong’o, Ali and Rylance are the only Oscar winners to lose the Globe this decade. Vikander too but she was in Lead there so they went for their sweetheart Winslet by default

That’s why I don’t believe one second that the Booty singer is winning, though it’s admittedly possible. Dern is coming for her Film Globe

Its interesting in those cases with Lupita and Rylance that they lost to the bigger star who was way overpredicted by pundits. Looking forward to the applause o meter as usual.

AstridDante
    Participant
    Topics:

I think people are forgetting about this aspect and only thinking about her Marriage Story performance. I think her roles in Little Women and Marriage Story in addition to her popularity from Big Little Lies is what would garner her the win.

Surely the voters should just look at the particular performance. There is nothing Oscar worthy or noteworthy about her acting in MS role

Rowan
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m in the minority here – I think there was a lot of nuance to Dern’s performance in Marriage Story and she’d be a deserving winner even if she isn’t my personal choice. She’s an excellent villain – I felt like I could see the gears turning in her head every scene she was in, even if she didn’t have a big emotional scene.

Still think there’s a chance Robbie starts cleaning up the precursors and takes the Oscar.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Dont know what to make of it. Been removing flopshell from my predictions so Kidman is an easy out.

All three of the flopshell girls will get nominated. Wait and see. Stay Mad!

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

The first three are safe to me followed by Kidman.

1. Dern- Satellite + CC + GG + SAG
    2. JLO- Satellite + CC + GG + SAG
    3. Robbie- Satellite + CC + GG + SAG + AACTA
    ———————————————–
    4. Kidman- Satellite + SAG + AACTA
    ————————————————

5. Scarlett Johansson vs Pugh vs Bates vs Zhao.

Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Bates and Zhao are done. BAFTA is only going to be any help if they do not do what I expect, which is snub Lopez and nominate the other five. A Penélope Cruz surprise would be fun.

Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m in the minority here – I think there was a lot of nuance to Dern’s performance in Marriage Story and she’d be a deserving winner even if she isn’t my personal choice. She’s an excellent villain – I felt like I could see the gears turning in her head every scene she was in, even if she didn’t have a big emotional scene.

Still think there’s a chance Robbie starts cleaning up the precursors and takes the Oscar.

I agree, I think people are overreacting about Dern. There have been far worse wins, and combined with her performance in Little Women, I would be happy to give her the win, even though I personally thought other people were better.

AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

The Florence Pugh SAG snub is not weird. Passion does not get you a nomination at SAG; visibility does. We now know that Saoirse Ronan has industry passion and she missed too. As for the Globe, they did not really care for Little Women, but even for films that they love, they are prone to snub breakthrough performances by “kids” in the supporting categories: Lucas Hedges in Manchester by the Sea, Jacob Tremblay in Room, Hailee Steinfeld in True Grit, Dev Patel in Slumdog Millionaire.

I mean she is 24, don’t know if she exactly fits the ‘kids’ stat, but I agree with the rest.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree, I think people are overreacting about Dern. There have been far worse wins, and combined with her performance in Little Women, I would be happy to give her the win, even though I personally thought other people were better.

I agree. I mean just last year we had a horrible atrocious winner who won for doing nothing.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Best Supporting Actress 2020 (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.