Home Forums Movies Best Supporting Actress 2020 (Part 5)

Best Supporting Actress 2020 (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 500 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
CateNicole
thatnerdgreg
Victor Cruz
  • Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

IDK why I just think Margot is winning the Globe.

it’s better for Lopez to lose to Robbie than lose to Dern. Robbie deserves some love too

Imagine A World Without Movies

Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

Let’s be real. Margot Robbie is playing a sexual victim! She’s pretty and she has a showier role than Dern and Lopez. She’s winning.

I might’ve predicted Robbie if her film had stronger support. But right now I don’t think Bombshell’s gonna get it.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Thank God I live in a timezone where I’ll sleep through this bullshit, but someone feel free to wake me if justice prevails in the form of Banderas pulling a Huppert (my prayers also go out to Lopez/could happen and Ronan/definitely won’t sadly)

FYC:

Antonio Banderas and Asier Etxeandia, Dolor y Gloria (Best Actor/Supporting Actor)
    Emily Beecham, Little Joe (Best Actress)
    Ian McKellen and Helen Mirren, The Good Liar (Best Actor/Actress)

Profile picture
    Elazul
    Topics:

Thank God I live in a timezone where I’ll sleep through this bullshit, but someone feel free to wake me if justice prevails in the form of Banderas pulling a Huppert (my prayers also go out to Lopez/could happen and Ronan/definitely won’t sadly)

But Robert de Niro has already been Amy Adams’d, let’s not have Banderas take down another drama actor!

Profile picture
    PoweR
    Topics:

Alright, Dern!

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Hope Bates can still manage the nomination.

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

Now that Dern’s won the Globe, I hope we can all stop theorizing about who’s gonna beat her. She’s got this pretty much locked down.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

I honestly am not sold on Dern winning. Dern is one HELL OF AN ACTRESS, but I feel like she would also be the worst winner I’ve seen in this category.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

The JLO sweep starts on Sunday.

This delusion that Laura Dern will win SAG after losing the Globe is ridiculous. It’s the same crazy delusion the Dafoe, Metcalf and Richard E Grant stans held onto in the past.

These yearly overblown overdue narratives getting squashed is the best thing to have happened to awards season.

Bye Felicia!

Profile picture
    Jason Travis
    Topics:

Jennifer Lopez couldn’t hold her anger in after losing. I kept seeing those dagger eyes and she was not happy. She kept her cool but she was chilly for sure.

I went back and forth between Lopez and Dern, and I did pick the former thinking her screen time on top of an entertaining character would prevail. But she’s not really an actress if that makes sense. I mean sure she did Selena and Out of Sight in the 90s, but recently she just doesn’t go above and beyond past rom-coms. Dern, on the other hand, proved that even in a flawed film she could make me enjoy every minute she was on screen, even if all I heard was her voice (like her conversation with Driver about getting legal council ASAP).

She also, like many have pointed out, has the advantage of being in another big film- Little Women, and of course her success on HBO’s Big Little Lies. She’s an industry darling, and I am so happy to see her finally getting her moment to shine.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Jason Travis.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Jason Travis.

Follow Me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/jasonmovieguy
    13K Subscribers, 29 Million Views

FYC: Derbyite of the Year, 2017

Profile picture
    PoweR
    Topics:

Dern winning the Globe and the two lead actors losing for Marriage Story help her case here, I think. Dern is the vet here, and while people don’t think she was too impressive in her role compared to J. Lo, she is definitely more acclaimed overall. It’ll be a career trophy and a way to honor Marriage Story.

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

What the hell did yall expect anyway, Dern is absolute Hollywood royalty

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Best Supporting Actress 2020 (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.