Home Forums Movies Best Supporting Actress Thread: 2020 Awards

Best Supporting Actress Thread: 2020 Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 336 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
7 hours ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
thatnerdgreg
I Don't Need ..
Victor Cruz
  • Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

To be fair, Sandra Bullock was never taken seriously as an actress because she was seen as a Rom Com Queen.

It wasn’t until “The Blind Side”, that she became a formidable Oscar contender.

The same can be said for J.Lo. However, I would also argue that she’s more than just a “celebrity personality”. As if she’s Kim Kardashian or something.

Would we give Barbara Streisand, Childish Gambino, or Jamie Foxx the same attributes? They all record music, act, and tour.

J.Lo has been working hard for YEARS! To undermine her success and talent only magnifies the apparent bias from some of you.

I hope this Oscar nod happens just to prove a point that anything is possible.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

ReplyCopy URL
    I Don’t Need You
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not undermining her success. Her talent though.. I have to laugh.

ReplyCopy URL
    I Don’t Need You
    Participant
    Topics:

First win for J.Lo or historical third win for Dame Maggie…

Neither is happening.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Lopez will probably get a Globe nom. She’s not getting BAFTA or SAG. Which will most likely mean she won’t get the Oscar nod

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve’ ‘Sandra Oh’ ‘Fiona Shaw’ ‘Bob Odenkirk ‘Jonathan Banks’ ‘Fleabag’ ‘Phoebe Waller Bridge ‘Olivia Colman’ ‘Ted Danson’ ‘Alan Arkin’ ‘Kristin Scott Thomas’

FYC OSCARS 2020- ‘Little Women’ ‘Saoirse Ronan’ ‘Maggie Smith’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Emma Thompson ‘Late Night’

ReplyCopy URL
    UnderHerEye
    Participant
    Topics:

The hatred towards J.Lo is truly uncalled for.

ReplyCopy URL
    Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Would we give Barbara Streisand, Childish Gambino, or Jamie Foxx the same attributes? They all record music, act, and tour.

Girl I KNOW you ain’t using Gambino… an Emmy and Grammy winner and an actually good actor as an example for JLo, a Razzie winner and someone who’s filmography is FILLED with yellow and red reviews.

ReplyCopy URL
    Edgar Pereira
    Participant
    Topics:

JLo’s situation kinda reminds me of Matthew McConaughey’s for MAGIC MIKE. Raved performance that got Oscar buzz but never materialized due to “prejudice” around the actor’s less serious reputation. Let’s see if it has a happy ending for her. For all the matter, it should be all about the performance

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

ReplyCopy URL
    TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Sorry someone having made a music video about booty should be stripped away their acting credibility

ReplyCopy URL
    Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Hate her or not, One thing is for sure. JLo made the best supporting actress race interesting.

ReplyCopy URL
    EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

What a weird year this must be for us to consider a stripper comedy starring JLo, Lili Reinhart, Lizzo, Cardi B and Keke Palmer as an Oscar contender.

I literally joked about Hustlers getting Oscar love a few weeks ago and now I feel like a fool.

GIVE LENA HEADEY HER EMMY

ReplyCopy URL
    TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Why do I have the feeling this will be this year’s Girls Trip? An adventure story with female ensemble, suddenly receiving raves including Tiffany Haddish and Jennifer Lopez, who haven’t got acclaim in their career before.

Of course I won’t ever forget Jennifer Lopez singing about her big booty

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Sorry someone having made a music video about booty should be stripped away their acting credibility

Her music has nothing to do with her acting. She capitalized on her best physical asset with a song about said body part. Great choice that paid off for her big time.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok so I’m shocked she has this much hate tbh. She has racked up a decent filmography that is a bit spotty/not perfect…..BUT what actor hasn’t been razzie nominated at some point lol. Some even have won Oscars and have been nominated before. Her being nominated or even winning would not be shocking if it’s deserving.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  vinny.
    • This reply was modified 1 week ago by  vinny.
    ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Her track record for picking scripts hasn’t always been the best. But that doesn’t take away from her talent.

Perfectly said! I feel like a lot of actors have the same problem and are Oscar winners and nominees both past and present. I mean what actor hasn’t made a clunker in their career.

ReplyCopy URL
    I Don’t Need You
    Participant
    Topics:

Haters are gonna hate.

J.Lo has always been a great actress. Especially when given the right material. “Selena” & “Out of Sight” were nomination worthy performances.

Her track record for picking scripts hasn’t always been the best. But that doesn’t take away from her talent.

Now I’m rooting for her to get the Oscar nod. Just to make the doubters feel stupid.

Just remembered last year you claimed JLo in “Second Act” acted circles around Glenn Close in “The Wife”. Lol

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 336 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.