Home Forums Movies Best Supporting Actress Thread: 2020 Awards

Best Supporting Actress Thread: 2020 Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 457 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
thatnerdgreg
Stegeo
Babygirl
  • MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not undermining her success. Her talent though.. I have to laugh.

Nice argument lol. You’re just being limited about it.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  MarinaBelo2.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  MarinaBelo2.
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m pretty confident in my BAFTA Supporting predictions:

• Annette Bening, The Report
    • Laura Dern, Marriage Story
    • Florence Pugh, Little Women
    • Margot Robbie, Bombshell
    • Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

*based upon Streep going lead

FYC Golden Globes- Fleabag, The Crown, Olivia Colman, Jennifer Aniston

FYC Oscars- Maggie Smith, Charlize Theron, Brad Pitt, Adam Driver

FYC Emmys- Schitts Creek, The Crown, Years and Years

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Nice argument lol. You’re just being limited about it.

No I’m not. I’m not a JLo hater. I just don’t expect her mediocre talent to be recognised on Oscars noms morning.
    Anyway, I can’t believe u keep trashing Gaga for eternity but ur defending Flopez.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

If the performance is there absolutely, regardless of her past projects. Again, countless of Oscar Winners also have razzies.

Agreed. I’ll admit that I haven’t been kind to JLo on this forum. I’m not a fan, and I think she’s a very mediocre actress. But if she’s good and is in my personal top 5, then I’ll root for her. I currently doubt that a nomination is gonna happen though.

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

JLo’s situation kinda reminds me of Matthew McConaughey’s for MAGIC MIKE. Raved performance that got Oscar buzz but never materialized due to “prejudice” around the actor’s less serious reputation. Let’s see if it has a happy ending for her.

Wasn’t that also cuz of GD’s favorite lingo “Slap the stud” syndrome. The male voters would be slapping something else when it comes to JLo.

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Just remembered last year you claimed JLo in “Second Act” acted circles around Glenn Close in “The Wife”. Lol

Sorry sweetie. You’re confusing me with another poster. I never reviewed “Second Act” on GD or any other site. But thank you for being a fan.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Girl I KNOW you ain’t using Gambino… an Emmy and Grammy winner and an actually good actor as an example for JLo, a Razzie winner and someone who’s filmography is FILLED with yellow and red reviews.

Boy, J.Lo has received multiple awards through out her career. You haven’t even seen “Hustlers” to give an opinion about her performance. That’s how we know you’re a H.A.T.E.R.! Get ya life.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok so I’m shocked she has this much hate tbh. She has racked up a decent filmography that is a bit spotty/not perfect…..BUT what actor hasn’t been razzie nominated at some point lol. Some even have won Oscars and have been nominated before. Her being nominated or even winning would not be shocking if it’s deserving.

I HATE to pull out this card but…GD has always had an underlying hint of racism among some of its users.

If this were a White actress, say Kate Beckinsale, some of y’all would be raving and campaigning for her to receive a nomination. Despite her track record of bad films.

CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

I HATE to pull out this card but…GD has always had an underlying hint of racism among some of its users. If this were a White actress, say Kate Beckinsale, some of y’all would be raving and campaigning for her to receive a nomination. Despite her track record of bad films.

I’m not disagreeing, but really not understanding the Kate Beckinsale comparison. She went to Oxford and grew up doing Shakespeare. Her parents are actors and they’re family friends with the Redgraves.

syrus80
    Participant
    Topics:

If Mary J. Blige, who has been a horrendous actress her entire career, can be Oscar nominated, what’s the issue with Jennifer?

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  syrus80.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  syrus80.
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

If Mary J. Bulge, who has been a horrendous actress her entire career, can be Oscar nominated, what’s the issue with Jennifer?

You know what, ur right. I’ve been really harsh on Flopez. Blige remains one of the WORST nominees ever. I’m sure Jen isn’t gonna top that so I’ll give her that.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not disagreeing, but really not understanding the Kate Beckinsale comparison. She went to Oxford and grew up doing Shakespeare. Her parents are actors and they’re family friends with the Redgraves.

Yeah, while she’s definitely been in some bad stuff, Beckinsale is a legitimately talented actress. Much better than Lopez. However, I also agree. I’ve seen a few GoldDerby users in the past who have come across as politically incorrect at best.

BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

Mary J. Bulge

new drag name found

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think anyone ever claimed that Legend MJB deserved her nomination for her nothing performance (especially when Mulligan outacted her in the same movie)

eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

The fuck is a colored people advocate?!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 457 total)

The topic ‘Best Supporting Actress Thread: 2020 Awards’ is closed to new replies.