Home Forums Movies Best Supporting Actress Thread: 2020 Awards

Best Supporting Actress Thread: 2020 Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 336 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
7 hours ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
thatnerdgreg
I Don't Need ..
Victor Cruz
  • Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Perfectly said! I feel like a lot of actors have the same problem and are Oscar winners and nominees both past and present. I mean what actor hasn’t made a clunker in their career.

I don’t think there’s any actor with 22 terrible films straight since 1998. JLO hasn’t had a well-received film since 1998. All of a sudden she does something good and she’s deserving of an Oscar. You people are crazy. That’s why legends like Close, Benning, and others are Oscarless.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think there’s any actor with 22 terrible films straight since 1998. JLO hasn’t had a well-received film since 1998. All of a sudden she does something good and she’s deserving of an Oscar. You people are crazy. That’s why legends like Close, Benning, and others are Oscarless.

winning an award most of the time is all about competition. Glenn Close hasn’t been lucky with competitions…there’s usually someone better and bigger up as a contender each time Glenn showed up as a nominee. This year was no exception.

Benning is someone I love but she does nothing different. And I don’t think she’s even been undeniable.

JLo should better get that nomination. I’m in support of that

Taron Egerton (Rocketman) for best actor. Charlize Theron looks great in Bombshell teaser

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

All of a sudden she does something good and she’s deserving of an Oscar. You people are crazy. That’s why legends like Close, Benning, and others are Oscarless

If the performance is there absolutely, regardless of her past projects. Again, countless of Oscar Winners also have razzies.

ReplyCopy URL
    Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Jennifer Lopez is NOT getting nominated. Why because there will always have 6 supporting actresses better than her. The Academy doesn’t care with or without her, ratings won’t stop crashing. On a personal note, i hardly see Academy awards voters like Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet or Gary Oldman (lol) voting for Jlo to get nominated. Gaga has much worth and weight in the Industry than her and again, Jennifer Lopez playing a prostitute/stripper is NOT impressive.

The fact that most of these reviews highlight her pole dancing to Fiona Apple like it’s some huge acting moment. A glorified supermodel

ReplyCopy URL
    Yal
    Participant
    Topics:

and here i am thinking people believing Awkwafina is getting an Oscar nod is delusional
    JLo is NOT happening. Enjoy the party as long as the Globes go, but she is NEVER happening at the Oscars, for this role at least.
    Delusion…

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah if anything is apt for Crazy Rich Asians comp it is definitely Hustlers. I think it will have a big box office this weekend and of course, JLO is praised but I doubt awards bodies take the film seriously. They will get nommed at Globes and Fraudcast Critics but no guilds no bafta no oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not undermining her success. Her talent though.. I have to laugh.

Nice argument lol. You’re just being limited about it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m pretty confident in my BAFTA Supporting predictions:

• Annette Bening, The Report
    • Laura Dern, Marriage Story
    • Florence Pugh, Little Women
    • Margot Robbie, Bombshell
    • Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

*based upon Streep going lead

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve’ ‘Sandra Oh’ ‘Fiona Shaw’ ‘Bob Odenkirk ‘Jonathan Banks’ ‘Fleabag’ ‘Phoebe Waller Bridge ‘Olivia Colman’ ‘Ted Danson’ ‘Alan Arkin’ ‘Kristin Scott Thomas’

FYC OSCARS 2020- ‘Little Women’ ‘Saoirse Ronan’ ‘Maggie Smith’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Emma Thompson ‘Late Night’

ReplyCopy URL
    I Don’t Need You
    Participant
    Topics:

Nice argument lol. You’re just being limited about it.

No I’m not. I’m not a JLo hater. I just don’t expect her mediocre talent to be recognised on Oscars noms morning.
    Anyway, I can’t believe u keep trashing Gaga for eternity but ur defending Flopez.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

If the performance is there absolutely, regardless of her past projects. Again, countless of Oscar Winners also have razzies.

Agreed. I’ll admit that I haven’t been kind to JLo on this forum. I’m not a fan, and I think she’s a very mediocre actress. But if she’s good and is in my personal top 5, then I’ll root for her. I currently doubt that a nomination is gonna happen though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

JLo’s situation kinda reminds me of Matthew McConaughey’s for MAGIC MIKE. Raved performance that got Oscar buzz but never materialized due to “prejudice” around the actor’s less serious reputation. Let’s see if it has a happy ending for her.

Wasn’t that also cuz of GD’s favorite lingo “Slap the stud” syndrome. The male voters would be slapping something else when it comes to JLo.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Just remembered last year you claimed JLo in “Second Act” acted circles around Glenn Close in “The Wife”. Lol

Sorry sweetie. You’re confusing me with another poster. I never reviewed “Second Act” on GD or any other site. But thank you for being a fan.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

ReplyCopy URL
    Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Girl I KNOW you ain’t using Gambino… an Emmy and Grammy winner and an actually good actor as an example for JLo, a Razzie winner and someone who’s filmography is FILLED with yellow and red reviews.

Boy, J.Lo has received multiple awards through out her career. You haven’t even seen “Hustlers” to give an opinion about her performance. That’s how we know you’re a H.A.T.E.R.! Get ya life.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

ReplyCopy URL
    Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok so I’m shocked she has this much hate tbh. She has racked up a decent filmography that is a bit spotty/not perfect…..BUT what actor hasn’t been razzie nominated at some point lol. Some even have won Oscars and have been nominated before. Her being nominated or even winning would not be shocking if it’s deserving.

I HATE to pull out this card but…GD has always had an underlying hint of racism among some of its users.

If this were a White actress, say Kate Beckinsale, some of y’all would be raving and campaigning for her to receive a nomination. Despite her track record of bad films.

ReplyCopy URL
    CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

I HATE to pull out this card but…GD has always had an underlying hint of racism among some of its users. If this were a White actress, say Kate Beckinsale, some of y’all would be raving and campaigning for her to receive a nomination. Despite her track record of bad films.

I’m not disagreeing, but really not understanding the Kate Beckinsale comparison. She went to Oxford and grew up doing Shakespeare. Her parents are actors and they’re family friends with the Redgraves.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 336 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.