Home Forums Movies Best Supporting Actress Thread: 2020 Awards

Best Supporting Actress Thread: 2020 Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 457 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
thatnerdgreg
Stegeo
Babygirl
  • vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think there’s any actor with 22 terrible films straight since 1998. JLO hasn’t had a well-received film since 1998. All of a sudden she does something good and she’s deserving of an Oscar. You people are crazy. That’s why legends like Close, Benning, and others are Oscarless.

I feel like Johnny Depp has a similair track record lately. He will reach 22 soon. BUT Nicholas Cage has a huge list of bad ones in a row.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  vinny.
    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by  vinny.
    Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think anyone ever claimed that Legend MJB deserved her nomination for her nothing performance (especially when Mulligan outacted her in the same movie)

Legend Mary J Blige along with newcomer Ruth Negga got those nominations because of Oscar so White.

vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Legend Mary J Blige along with newcomer Ruth Negga got those nominations because of Oscar so White.

Negga deserved her nod. Easily one of my fav perfoamnces that year

AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

Ruth Negga got those nominations because of Oscar so White.

Negga EARNED her nod. The casual racism on these forums is getting so blatant now.

Anyways, you’ve revealed everything I need to know about your raging against JLO when I’m sure you haven’t even seen her performance.

Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, Negga did nothing in Boreloving. Subtle Adams outacted and was terribly snubbed. Tragic.

I was your Prime Minister once.

Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

The only two actresses that didn’t deserve their nominations that year were Emma Stone and Meryl Streep.

Darling, they were amazingly classy. Streep was absolutely delicious and Stone was iconic.

I was your Prime Minister once.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Stone did absolutely nothing noteworthy and Streep was cringe worthy at best. I have to laugh.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think anyone ever claimed that Legend MJB deserved her nomination for her nothing performance (especially when Mulligan outacted her in the same movie)

I forget, was Mulligan campaigned as lead or supporting for Mudbound?

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

The fact that the HFPA nominated Collins for that atrocious Warren Beatty movie (whatever it was called) over her..

HawkWD
    Participant
    Topics:

JLo was on The View today talking about the movie and the hosts were hyping her up big time. She’s going to go hard for this nomination!

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

Delusional Emma Stone hate on this website… Nothing new.

Saying she did nothing when she sang, dance, cried, laughed, screamed and owned the whole film…. We get it she didn’t deserve to beat Natalie and Isabelle it’s time to move on and realize she is nowhere near the worst acting winner this decade.

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

KAZ-2.5
    Participant
    Topics:

The only two actresses that didn’t deserve their nominations that year were Emma Stone and Meryl Streep. They should have gone to Hailee Steinfeld and Kate Beckinsale. Beckinsale, Huppert, Negga, Portman and Steinfeld would be a line-up for the ages. And don’t forget about Adams too.

Beckinsale is a B-movie actress, she will never get a nomination.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Saying she did nothing when she sang, dance, cried, laughed, screamed and owned the whole film…. We get it she didn’t deserve to beat Natalie and Isabelle it’s time to move on and realize she is nowhere near the worst acting winner this decade.

Emma Stone is a better acting winner that Brie Blandson.

JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

thank you! This board is fucking delusional. Emma Stone in Lala Land was superb. Easily one of my favorite Best Actress wins of the decade along with Portman’s and Colman’s!

JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

I love that Jennifer is in the Oscar conversation, I love it that she’s in the predictions of many gd experts, and I love it even more that it irks the ignorant posters on this forum! Go JLo!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 457 total)

The topic ‘Best Supporting Actress Thread: 2020 Awards’ is closed to new replies.