Home Forums Movies Best Supporting Actress Thread: 2020 Awards

Best Supporting Actress Thread: 2020 Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 457 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
thatnerdgreg
Stegeo
Babygirl
  • FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Just got home from Downton Abbey; Supporting Actresses from that film that were superb: Maggie Smith, Laura Carmichael, Imelda Staunton, Michelle Dockery, Phyllis Logan, Penelope Wilton, Elizabeth McGovern, Lesley Nichol… in fact every single performance was superb! There are no leads in the movie, everybody is supporting. (btw, SAG award best ensemble ought to go to Downton Abbey – every single performance was superb!)

M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think anyone ever claimed that Legend MJB deserved her nomination for her nothing performance (especially when Mulligan outacted her in the same movie)

They appreciated her in those glasses.

Kathy Bates for Best Supporting Actress (Richard Jewell)

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I love that Jennifer is in the Oscar conversation, I love it that she’s in the predictions of many gd experts, and I love it even more that it irks the ignorant posters on this forum! Go JLo!!!!

Pundits when JLO misses nominations morning.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Victor Cruz.
    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Victor Cruz.
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

saw hustlers, while I’m not gonna actively root for jlo to get nominated (maybe a little bit) she certainly wouldn’t be the worst thing the academy’s nominated this decade

bellajoe
    Participant
    Topics:

I just got back from Hustlers, and just as imagined, JLo is all hype. It’s definitely a strong performance….. from her. By real acting standards, it’s incredibly mediocre, as is the film itself. If she gets in instead of Zhao Shuzhen I riot.

Once again, even though predicting her is ludicrous, at least it adds some spice to the BLAND season.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Can’t wait for Cruella to come out and Emma to score her first Razzie nod. She was cute in La La Land, but she is not a capable actress. She’s good at cute performances, and that’s what she’ll always stick to until well when she hits 40..

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Can’t wait for Cruella to come out and Emma to score her first Razzie nod. She was cute in La La Land, but she is not a capable actress. She’s good at cute performances, and that’s what she’ll always stick to until well when she hits 40..

Imagine Cruella and Sunset Boulevard out in the same year, and Emma Stone suddenly beating Glenn Close at Globe comedy musical actress for playing Cruella, a character Glenn had played in the past, not just played but played the hell out of it and became iconic because of it, thus putting an end to Glenn’s any Oscar hope left!

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Imagine Cruella and Sunset Boulevard out in the same year, and Emma Ston suddenly beating Glenn Close at Globe comedy musical actress for playing Cruella, a character Glenn had played in the past, not just played but played the hell out of it and became iconic because of it, thus putting an end to Glenn’s any Oscar hope left!

You wish

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

saw hustlers, while I’m not gonna active root for jlo to get nominated (maybe a little bit) she certainly wouldn’t be the worst thing the academy’s nominated this decade

I just saw it myself and …. I think a nomination would be the reward. It’s the type of performance voters will respect. She’s tough, strong, sexy, and in command. The role is very juicy. It would be deserving.

A win is still too early to call in this category.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

Saw Hustlers. Very entertaining movie. Lopez was very good, she indeed deserves nomination (at the moment even a win). But it kills me she’s gonna get nominated while much better and throughly iconic Elizabeth Berkley in Showgirls didn’t (for Academy Award).

well said

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Saw Hustlers. Very entertaining movie. Lopez was very good, she indeed deserves nomination (at the moment even a win). But it kills me she’s gonna get nominated while much better and throughly iconic Elizabeth Berkley in Showgirls didn’t (for Academy Award).

Gina Gershon would’ve made my Supporting Actress ballot. Cristal is such an iconic antagonist.

I love the scene where she tells Nomi “On second thought…I don’t think I want you doing my nails. I’m getting a little too old for that ‘whorey’ look. I’ll think about it,”.

HIGH KEY Shade!

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

Verhoeven’s direction took whatever sincere take she had on the character into possess sex doll territory.

Kathy Bates for Best Supporting Actress (Richard Jewell)

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

JLO is all hype. I found nothing impressive about JLO being a stripper. Talk to me when JLO does something out of her comfort zone.

JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

Jennifer Lopez was amazing!!! Constance Wu was phenomenal! What a great movie!

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Pundits when JLO misses nominations morning.

More like you when she indeed gets nominated, since you seem so concerned about her being a contender.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 457 total)

The topic ‘Best Supporting Actress Thread: 2020 Awards’ is closed to new replies.